Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomb420

Leaves not looking healthy - Cal/Mag deficiency?

Hello everyone

Second grow on the go now and have decided to give some autoflowering seeds a go. Everything seems to have gone OK so far until the plants started to look how you can see in the photos below.

At first I thought it may have been nute splash burn as I knew I had splashed the leaves when watering, however, it seems to be getting a bit worse and is affecting some newer growth which makes me think it is more likely to be something else.

They're 2 and a half weeks old from seed and are currently on 2.5ml/l of Growers Ark a+b (hard water), 2.5ml/l extra traces and 2.5ml/l of root tonic. Temperatures have been fine, got a tube heater on the go and an oil radiator coming on every now and then to keep everything nice and warm, temps are between 24-28. Humidity has been quite low, usually about 30% sometimes a bit higher, been giving them a mist with some water to try and make up for it and have got a large bowl of water by the passive intake to try and help bring it up a bit.

I've got some calmag on hand just want to get your opinions before I potentially give the plants something they don't need.

Cheers.

large_7865.jpglarge.654645.jpglarge_6545.jpglarge.546545.jpglarge.34234.jpglarge.32421.jpglarge.21334.jpg

Edited by tomb420

That’s quite a heavy dose of nutrients for 18 day auto plant. 

I’m still feeding my autos 1ml of A+B at your stage. Possibly 1.5 ml max. 

Edited by Pau176

Looks like a PH issue.  If you're growing in soil - probably not.  Soil or coco?

1 person likes this

How close are your lights ? Looks light burned to me, any fans pointing directly at the plants ? 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Pau176 said:

That’s quite a heavy dose of nutrients for 18 day auto plant. 

I’m still feeding my autos 1ml of A+B at your stage. Possibly 1.5 ml max. 

I have been struggling slightly to find an appropriate amount of nutrients to give them and have been going off the info I could gather on the growers ark Coco thread on here. Perhaps it needs lowering slightly..

10 hours ago, JJJ said:

Looks like a PH issue.  If you're growing in soil - probably not.  Soil or coco?

Sorry I forgot to mention, I'm in Coco and am PHing to about 5.8.

10 hours ago, OddNut said:

How close are your lights ? Looks light burned to me, any fans pointing directly at the plants ? 

The lights are about 22-24 inches from the plants currently and running at max (240 quantum board LED). I have a small fan that blows gently towards the plants but the one it is closest to doesn't seem as affected as the others.

large.IMG_20190413_104722-min.jpg

That's how they are setup currently.

To me it looks like some spillage or when your misting the lights magnifing and causing them to burn and dry out? Your coco looks dry in a couple of pics.

Plants in general look healthy tho.

Have the small plant blowing between cannopy and light and not directly on plants,as mentioned it could be wind burn drying them out? Snip the shitey looking leaf off and stop misting them.

Humidity will rise as your plants get bigger. Eta dont be adding calmag it aint needed with hard water nutrients.

Tenchie.

Edited by Tenchie
2 people like this

On 13/04/2019 at 11:39 AM, Tenchie said:

To me it looks like some spillage or when your misting the lights magnifing and causing them to burn and dry out? Your coco looks dry in a couple of pics.

Plants in general look healthy tho.

Have the small plant blowing between cannopy and light and not directly on plants,as mentioned it could be wind burn drying them out? Snip the shitey looking leaf off and stop misting them.

Humidity will rise as your plants get bigger. Eta dont be adding calmag it aint needed with hard water nutrients.

Tenchie.

Thanks for the input mate, appreciated as always. Yeah, they were due a feed at the time the picture was taken but fed shortly after :) 

I have adjusted the fan so it isn't blowing directly on any of the plants now and have stopped misting them so hopefully there will be some improvement from here on.

Cheers everyone for the help, will be back if the problem gets any worse!