Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Personaluser

Ph issue and flower burst alternative

Posted (edited)

Hi all was hoping some body can help solve my problemo

So ever since using a res for my drip and drain coco people say use an air stone but 2 problems if I leave my airstone on constantly after a few days I have loads of salt sitting at the bottom of my res (yus all nutes mixed in properly) so I just have it on a timer to come on a few times a day but even by having the airstone on abit it makes my pH go rite up each day from 6 to 6.8ish! :( can I prevent this some how? My water is hard 0.7 ec with ph tap of 7.1. Even when I bubble my water for 24hrs to help chlorine it will go from taps 7.1 to 7.6ish sometimes more :/

So with the flower burst is there a good alternative? When I mix this in the next day it looks greesy on top of my res and don't look to good. Haven't coursed problems yet but I'm sure it might if I don't fix it. Problems above are with out floweburst in the res so this ain't the problemo Thanks

Edited by Personaluser

Bump. I can't be the only one who has had this issue :/

Bump :)

hi, air stones will raise your ph in your res, I think the general thought is to use a water pump instead just to break the surface.. This will keep your res mixed and will stop the noise of all those bubbles. 

1 person likes this

Not experienced salt sitting in res by running an air stone before. What’s the condition of the stones, Are they new or have they been used a while?? When air stones become used they kinda disintegrate and build up in the res. 

If you was to ph down from 6.8 - 6.0 after  The Air stone has already raised it does this raise back up again after a further 24 hours?? 

9 hours ago, golf.007 said:

hi, air stones will raise your ph in your res, I think the general thought is to use a water pump instead just to break the surface.. This will keep your res mixed and will stop the noise of all those bubbles. 

Ye this what iv been thinking now of getting just a small water pump just to move the water around with out bubbles. 

6 hours ago, CaptainK said:

Not experienced salt sitting in res by running an air stone before. What’s the condition of the stones, Are they new or have they been used a while?? When air stones become used they kinda disintegrate and build up in the res. 

If you was to ph down from 6.8 - 6.0 after  The Air stone has already raised it does this raise back up again after a further 24 hours?? 

Yes if I ph down it goes back up high again its not so bad if put the air stone on a timer

1 person likes this

Use a Venturi instead of stones, you won’t regret it.