Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davemate

New to auto

Hi all iam doing some autos for the fist time in my greenhouse this summer what would be the best time to plant out I think start in doors early June plant out midd June is this to early thanks

Posted (edited)

Hi @Davemate

You’d be better of asking these questions in the outdoor forum. 

Autos are all about solar intensity and don’t like wet weather.The general rule of thumb is; Get the seeds sprouted for the 1 of May and re pot 7 to 10 days later into their final containers.

Be very careful not to disturb the tap root or it’s game over.

Outdoors most Auto plants seem to take around 100 days which means end of July 1 week of August which maximises the sunshine. 

Use a 50/50 mix coco coir (Wilkos) and any multipurpose compost ( Not Miracle Grow) in a builders bucket. 

Feed after a month and again a month before they’re due to finish. I use a handful of chicken poo pellets to 5 l of water. It’s dead easy and they don’t really need any looking after. 

You mentioned a greenhouse, personally I’d not bother and leave them outside and only use it if it’s really wet as greenhouses can cause more problems than they’re worth if you’re not careful. 

Dinafem WWa

large.IMG_1888.JPG

Edited by Lea Valley
4 people like this

We are doing some autos this year in a greenhouse :yinyang: first time for everything :george:

large.P1010828.JPGlarge.P1010810.JPGlarge.P1010777.JPGlarge.user406701_pic1869524_1531979580.jpeg.jpglarge.user406701_pic1869517_1531979430.jpeg.jpg

4 people like this

Agreed @Ch@ppers a GH is good if you know what you’re doing but for this novice thread I suggested keeping it simple without the humidity and temperature problems associated with GH growing. 

Keeping it simple is key, and with the above advice I was trying to illustrate how easy and low maintenance these autos can be for a garden grow. 

Removing the mysticism and myths surrounding growing these plants and showing that basic care will return great results.  No special equipment is required and no need to visit a grow shop to get ripped off with some bull shit expensive miracle grow juice that’s made from sugar beets or contains non organic chems. 

Great pics as always by the way. 

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

We are doing some autos this year in a greenhouse :yinyang: first time for everything :george:

large.P1010828.JPGlarge.P1010810.JPGlarge.P1010777.JPGlarge.user406701_pic1869524_1531979580.jpeg.jpglarge.user406701_pic1869517_1531979430.jpeg.jpg

Very nice!