Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtBox

Buying Sulphuric Acid 96% as PH Down

I dilute Sulphuric Acid 96% at 10/1 as a cheap and effective PH down in DWC. I've just realised i'm running out and upon checking the internet i've noticed that since late 2014 (which is around the time i got my last batch) members of the general public can no longer buy this stuff without a check from the distributor (whatever that entails).

I think there are less checks if they send it to a limited company, which i do have access to but for obvious reasons i'd rather not go down that route.

Anyone got any experience of managing to buy the 96% stuff recently, or is this a case of having to spend a few more quid on a more diluted solution?

It's a crazy world we're living in these-days!

Acid was being used to attack people in London (and some other places as well I think) in the last couple of years. Quite a few people were seriously injured. That will be why it's harder to purchase now. It's now a controlled substance. I would imagine the checks would be asking what you intend to use it for and your full name and address for their list. 

Might be a good idea to find something else. 

Cheers tico. 

3 people like this

Empty out an old car battery, or just pay for proper pH down. :)  

3 people like this

18 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Empty out an old car battery, or just pay for proper pH down. :)  

Any suggestions of a good PH down for hydro? I've never had to look into the subject until now tbh. The sulphuric acid has always worked very well for me.

Cheers.

Just now, DirtBox said:

Any suggestions of a good PH down for hydro? I've never had to look into the subject until now tbh. The sulphuric acid has always worked very well for me.

Cheers.

What’s wrong with the Phosphoric acid everyone else uses? Get the 80%+ stuff so it lasts more than a few days lol 

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, nl5 said:

What’s wrong with the Phosphoric acid everyone else uses? Get the 80%+ stuff so it lasts more than a few days lol 

Bugger all i imagine, i'll look into it now and get some ordered. Thanks.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, DirtBox said:

Any suggestions of a good PH down for hydro?

The stuff I use is called pH down. lol By nutriculture, it's just 80% phosphoric acid as has already been suggested. 

2 people like this

I recently changed to nitric acid rather than phosphoric acid and am quite happy with it , reason I changed is I not want phosphoric acid in last few weeks of flower . :oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

GHE PH Down is pretty good as an all rounder in my experience across all mediums... If you wanted to be more specific, the Canna Pro lines you can buy a vegetative (Nitric acid) and flowering (Phosphoric acid). You can also use citric acid (buy it, don't use lemons) which is a great PH down, however it wont hold it's PH too long - so in hydro for example, after the first swing I would then use nitric or phosphoric to adjust again appropriately after.. Sulfuric acid (car battery) is also good to use after citric in that instance too - 96% is very potent though, I would reduce it to around 35% purity.

Edited by InTheSystem
1 person likes this