Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Owderb

Your fishing day

2,408 posts in this topic
:smoke:

bloody hell

that sibs is amazing

catching that beauty on the way to tesco was a stroke ov luck

nice hat btw sibs m8  :yinyang:

:smoke:  PGT

386500[/snapback]

lol lol

Well I went game fishing in kenya and it wa a let down.They had been catching but the night before we went it blew a hooly and lashed it down.On the morning you could see the waves crashing out ot sea and i said to my dad that they would call it off.

We found out after that they had admitted that we wouldnt catch but still took us out in a 12ft swell.It was like being at alton towers on a white knuckle ride but cost £10 an hour :blub:

When he informed us that great white,tigers and hammerheads to name a few were in there I hung on for dear life and was thinking"we're gonna nead a bigger boat".We'd got waves as tall as the boat coming toward us and it was scary so i thought theyve robbed me once,they're not doin the fekker again. :wassnnme:

So i'll look forward to my 3 day festival later in the month at Ferry Meadows ;)

Owd lol

went down the canal again yesterday for some "peace n quiet" away from the family. tried fishing tight under an overhanging willow on the other side, but only got 1 little perch in about an hour. deciding on a change of tactics, i used the top 2 sections of my pole and fished about 2.5-3ft out on my side of the canal, just off the edge of the shelf. i was using double white maggot on a size 20 hook, with white maggots loosefed very occasionally, and a bit of chopped worm too. i ended up with 7 roach to around a pound, a couple of small skimmer bream and about 4 cracking perch to around 1.5lb ;)

punky :guitar:

Well I went game fishing in kenya and it wa a let down.They had been catching but the night before we went it blew a hooly and lashed it down.On the morning you could see the waves crashing out ot sea and i said to my dad that they would call it off.

We found out after that they had admitted that we wouldnt catch but still took us out in a 12ft swell.It was like being at alton towers on a white knuckle ride but cost £10 an hour :smoke:

When he informed us that great white,tigers and hammerheads to name a few were in there I hung on for dear life and was thinking"we're gonna nead a bigger boat".We'd got waves as tall as the boat coming toward us and it was scary so i thought theyve robbed me once,they're not doin the fekker again. :yinyang:

So i'll look forward to my 3 day festival later in the month at Ferry Meadows :ninja:

Owd :spliff:

388814[/snapback]

hi owderb !

that all sounds a bit crazy dont like the idea of hanging onto the boat in white shark waters .well theres not a lot goin on round here at the mo the weather is just to hot if you wanna see carp sun bathing no probs but as for actually catching one ???? we havent caught for weeks dont know if anyone knows about are local canal (the bridgewater) last week a sluice gate burst in manchester now the canal is about 3 feet deep its probably lost two feet of water in 24 hours apparently they have stopped the canal leaking but its real low now and will take a while to refill this means the other canals attached to it will also be very low to im sure some greater force is throwing the spanner in my fishing this year :yinyang:

peppi :smoke:

I'm off this afternoon - just to a little commercial place that's well stocked - it's not exactly hard to catch there, but it's nice. I'll let ya know how I get on. Gonna get a river permit for a nice stretch soon too.

Any1 done the Ebro - I'd like to give it a go next summer.

just got back from the local lake. had shit-all, just one perch of about a pound, was it. the carp were cruising around the suface, but wouldnt take anything, even lumps of breadcrust i was throwing just in front of them. packed up and gonna have a BBQ instead now. save my bait for the canal tommorrow, at least i catch something there :guitar::smoke:

Hi all not much coarse fishing where I live in Denmark

mostly Salmon and Seatrout

seatrout have just come up the fjorde and I have 3 weeks of work

so its gonna be nothing but spliffs and these babys for the next 3 weeks :spliff:

post-9075-1121460697.jpg

and these babys for the next 3 weeks

My heart bleeds for you mate :spliff:

Lovely fish aswell :)

Owd :smoke:

My heart bleeds for you mate :blub:

Lovely fish aswell lol

Owd lol

391721[/snapback]

Thanks Owderb, when I say there is no coarse fishing over here thats not strickly true

there are some huge bream, roach and pearch in the river where I live and there is

a fishing match every year between British fishermen and some Danish team.

Carp fishing is just begining to take off too although they eat tench here :taz:

I have a summerhouse by the fjord and a small 16ft boat moored down there so thats

why I just concentrate on herring, makrel, garfish, flounder, dabs, salmon, seatrout

although 95% of the time its just seatrout and the rest is just a bonus really :taz:

post-9075-1121543550.jpg

post-9075-1121543592.jpg

Lovely Sea Trout oldsmoker!

BTW - There's plenty of roach/bream hybrid fishing to be had over in Demark - a few of my mates go every year & seriously bag up! :blub:

Just back from the festival but the Easterly winds and rain put a bit of a damper on the fishing :unsure:

I had 3 very poor draws so had to fish to win the section instead of the match.I came 2nd,3rd,3rd and managed a creditable 8th(if I say so myself considering the draws)out of 62.

On the second day I lost a 4lb'er at the net and another one around the 2-3lb mark which cost me dear in the end.If and I know IFS a big word I had got just the 4lb'er it would have meant 2nd in the section and into the main money :unsure: .

I managed to win £225 altogether in prize money and prizes so not too bad considering ;)

;) Now to clean all the shite off the tackle(and I dont mean my privates :smug: )and bloody dry everythin. :unsure:

Owd :unsure:

I lost a 4lb'er at the net

Dontcha just hate that when it happens? :yinyang:

225 notes certainly paid for your travel expenses & bait though Owd :guitar:

225 notes certainly paid for your travel expenses & bait though Owd

Certainly did mate.We bought enough to last but the fishing was that shit we used barely half and bought loads back. lol

Looks like i'll have to go twice as much to use it all up :wassnnme:

Owd :yinyang:

Just back from the festival but the Easterly winds and rain put a bit of a damper on the fishing :wassnnme:

I had 3 very poor draws so had to fish to win the section instead of the match.I came 2nd,3rd,3rd and managed a creditable 8th(if I say so myself considering the draws)out of 62.

On the second day I lost a 4lb'er at the net and another one around the 2-3lb mark which cost me dear in the end.If and I know IFS a big word I had got just the 4lb'er it would have meant 2nd in the section and into the main money :woot: .

I managed to win £225 altogether in prize money and prizes so not too bad considering ;)

:unsure: Now to clean all the shite off the tackle(and I dont mean my privates :smug: )and bloody dry everythin. lol

Owd :soap:

398764[/snapback]

nice one matey well done that man !!!!

peppi

Went fishing on Monday on the River Weaver and had a decent Chub 4lb 4oz and a few decent perch...

Not bad for 2hrs fishing. Had a 5lb 9oz chub a few weeks back from the same spot.. :wassnnme: