Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

PiratePete

First Time Autos: Dinafem - Blue Cheese(x2), Cheese, Critical+ 2.0

65 posts in this topic
16 hours ago, PiratePete said:

The original plan was the same as yours, however, after a few weeks you'll soon realise.. "When can I start my next ones?" So you might want to look at possible alternatives. I also have the idea of a large box in the tent with ventilation around it in some shape or form but trying to keep light out.. I also had the thought of suspending this from the roof of the tent so it would be above the light during veg of the next ones.

You're right at the end now, they're very close to harvest imo. If you're going the route of a box in the tent, do it beneath the lamp since my guess is that all the heat in the tent will rise and cook your bud dry. Worth considering that it should only take 10 days to dry your harvest (are you planning on a wet trim or dry trim?) before you jar it up, in that time you could windowsill your next batch whilst they sprout since it will take 2-3 days just for the beans to crack. Plants are looking really good though, top stuff! 

:thumsup:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DBK said:

You're right at the end now, they're very close to harvest imo. If you're going the route of a box in the tent, do it beneath the lamp since my guess is that all the heat in the tent will rise and cook your bud dry. Worth considering that it should only take 10 days to dry your harvest (are you planning on a wet trim or dry trim?) before you jar it up, in that time you could windowsill your next batch whilst they sprout since it will take 2-3 days just for the beans to crack. Plants are looking really good though, top stuff! 

:thumsup:

I personally I think I've got 3 different stages, one is very close, one looks like another week or so and another still looks very white and might take 10-14 days, I'm not sure. I'm about to add photo's here and hopefully someone can help me out a bit. The more I've looked at them the buds are smaller than anticipated, however there is a good few sites, maybe I'm looking too soon to chop, I'm really not sure.

I'm planning on a dry trim, I'll cut them down and hang them in the most complete way I can, if I can hang the whole plant as one, great, if not then I'll seperate branches to accomodate.

OK, so I think I've been looking at each plant and giving them the wrong names, now I see how they've grown and the smells and characteristics, I'm fairly certain I know which each one is for sure now.

Hopefully get some info on what people think and how long I have to go on each. I'll put my thoughts beside each one.

This one I'm sure is blue cheese, everything is compact and tight in those bud site, this is the one I think I will gain most from.

This one I think is still a good few days if not a week or two away from being ready, but I could so easily be wrong on that!

30vir1c.jpg

Random nugget site on blue cheese

14ugx0h.jpg

blue cheese main bud/middle

v5h5yr.jpg

Top down of blue cheese

29ngjfb.jpg

This I believe to be the critical+ 2.0 - I think this one is the closest to being ready, it's looking further ahead on than the other, although I wouldn't mind seeing some of the gaps beef up and fill a bit, so I'm hoping it's got a good few days left before chopping.

333wjdx.jpg

random side nugget area of critical+ 2.0. much less dense than the blue cheese

2ajnrc3.jpg

critical+ 2.0 middle bud. could do with those fattening up and filling the gaps!

wld5ki.jpg

Top down of critical+ 2.0

v5e269.jpg

Finally the just cheese.. this one is lanky as hell (you can even see my light switch in this one haha, but it's looking good, although again could do with gaining a bit of weight :)

35n3kp1.jpg

cheese random side nugget site. this is the one that I think has the longest to go.. looks a lot more white than others in areas.

2ahzcsg.jpg

cheese main/middle bud

2akt9x.jpg

cheese, top down view, just to finish it off.

2e49cls.jpg

Well that's it for now, I think I'm getting pretty close, just not sure when now. They had a feed 2 days ago so i'll be on strictly water unless advised otherwise. The fox farm nutes does say to use right up until week 12 of flower for photo's so I'm not sure if doing the same would be ok and I'd rather switch to just water without any information on it.

@blackpoolbouncer Hopefully that's enough photos to give you some info :) Any help/advice at this time is really appreciated.

Thanks! :skin_up:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The close ups help, they have definitely got some more time to go after seeing these pics, you're right that the critical looks closest to harvest. If you're gonna hang the whole plant and dry trim, drying times will be longer so you'll be looking more like two weeks for them to be ready for jars. 

You got some nice frosty buds there, not sure what kind of loupe you bought but you can get some good macro shots if you take the lens out and tape it to your phone camera like this (the one I bought was only £3) -

ZG3pDoq.jpg

xkIIUaZ.jpgvTR1Fty.png

Your plants look really healthy, top work there :) Sometimes you just won't get the amount you really want, but personally I'd take quality over quantity any day. You gonna process the trim into oil/hash?

Edited by DBK
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The critical looks close and a wee bit to go on the others I'd say. Whenever your happy from here onwards really mate. 

E2a. They look excellent. You should be proud of yourself 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, DBK said:

The close ups help, they have definitely got some more time to go after seeing these pics, you're right that the critical looks closest to harvest. If you're gonna hang the whole plant and dry trim, drying times will be longer so you'll be looking more like two weeks for them to be ready for jars. 

You got some nice frosty buds there, not sure what kind of loupe you bought but you can get some good macro shots if you take the lens out and tape it to your phone camera like this (the one I bought was only £3) -

Your plants look really healthy, top work there :) Sometimes you just won't get the amount you really want, but personally I'd take quality over quantity any day. You gonna process the trim into oil/hash?

Yea I'm thinking minimum a week for all 3 now I've had a look. My loupe arrived just as I was replying to this, I've had a look and a lot are clear still, so I'll leave it a bit. Plus I want to get them on just water for a flush towards the end, this will allow me to do a couple of those.

The loupe arrived but sadly I can't take out the lens. I tried a few photos but they're not really showing much to be fair.

Thanks! I like them so far as I've not had many issues in way of yellowing or problems etc, so they look good! I've just followed what I've been told on here.. stay away from nutes to begin with, only give approx 1/4 strength of nutes etc, and generally just let the plant do it's thing, there's long periods where it's literally just checking for watering and rh/temps, as long as those are good, I've just let the plant get on with it.

18 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

The critical looks close and a wee bit to go on the others I'd say. Whenever your happy from here onwards really mate. 

E2a. They look excellent. You should be proud of yourself 

Thanks dude! :skin_up:I really want to take a small bit off of one of them and quick dry it just to see, but I'm not going to let temptation get the better of me, I've come this far! haha.
I think the critical I will give approx 5-7 days and check again. The others I'm going to leave at least 8-10 ays then check them and see what status they are at.

Exciting times!

3 people like this

52 minutes ago, PiratePete said:

Yea I'm thinking minimum a week for all 3 now I've had a look. My loupe arrived just as I was replying to this, I've had a look and a lot are clear still, so I'll leave it a bit. Plus I want to get them on just water for a flush towards the end, this will allow me to do a couple of those.

The loupe arrived but sadly I can't take out the lens. I tried a few photos but they're not really showing much to be fair.

Thanks! I like them so far as I've not had many issues in way of yellowing or problems etc, so they look good! I've just followed what I've been told on here.. stay away from nutes to begin with, only give approx 1/4 strength of nutes etc, and generally just let the plant do it's thing, there's long periods where it's literally just checking for watering and rh/temps, as long as those are good, I've just let the plant get on with it.

Thanks dude! :skin_up:I really want to take a small bit off of one of them and quick dry it just to see, but I'm not going to let temptation get the better of me, I've come this far! haha.
I think the critical I will give approx 5-7 days and check again. The others I'm going to leave at least 8-10 ays then check them and see what status they are at.

Exciting times!

Sounds good, the regular cheese could still go for a couple of weeks by the looks of things. Even if you don't get the amount of bud you were after - either get some bubblesacs and make some hash/dry sift your trim for kief/press to Rosin/make edibles, get everything you can outta your well earned harvest!

Definitely resist temptation, don't quick dry! It will taste like fresh cut grass as the Chlorophyll will be locked in to the bud and it won't represent the end product in anyway whatsoever :D 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, DBK said:

Sounds good, the regular cheese could still go for a couple of weeks by the looks of things. Even if you don't get the amount of bud you were after - either get some bubblesacs and make some hash/dry sift your trim for kief/press to Rosin/make edibles, get everything you can outta your well earned harvest!

Definitely resist temptation, don't quick dry! It will taste like fresh cut grass as the Chlorophyll will be locked in to the bud and it won't represent the end product in anyway whatsoever :D 

I'm not overly fussed about the amount, I just wanted enough to last me until the next ones are done. If I can do that and save me spending then I'll be delighted. I smoke too much to continue to pay for it per g, so as long as I get enough for what I consume in 3 months (approx) then I'll be delighted! If I don't get that much and it tastes as nice as it smells, I'll still be delighted! ha!

I was only planning on making butter with the trim, it's all I've ever made with weed other than smoking it. I enjoy cooking as well, so it's a win win making an awesome batch of brownies :) I'll need to see how much trim/leftover I have and take it from there.

Water required today, so today I'm tempted to start them on just water. @blackpoolbouncer, @DBK what's the thoughts on fox farm organic nutrients? Can I use them until the end? or should I start just water now? They will be getting just water today as the last two were with nutes in them. They seem to be responding well to the nutrients given and I wish I had started them maybe a week or two sooner. I have read that people say you can use them right up until the end. I understand the concept because organic is OK for you etc etc.. but surely it would still be altering the taste etc if it still had residual nutrients within? I'm really not sure, hence why I'm asking. Logical thing for me to do is flush them to get the 'normal' plant flavour/smell.

Having checked my diary of what I intended from the start, they will get their last nutrients this weekend, probably Sunday or Saturday night depending on how they drink from today. After that I was planning on a week of just water then at that time I expect them to be close to if not already chopped.

Thoughts?

1 person likes this

Had a quick read and a few saying to give 2 week flush.. that would mean starting today, which is fine. However, I really want to give one last feed as I have seen a different since the feeds have started. Should I give one last feed today instead of just water?

Up until now it's been like so..

Monday - Water with nutes

Thursday - Water no nutes
Sunday - Water with nutes

Wednesday - Water no nutes

and so on.. the last week has been given water twice with nutes and no plain water in between. That's why I'm cautious to give it another feed. If the answer is just water then that's fine and I'll start just water from today.

Never used fox farms but If it's orgs if then yea. No need to flush.

Imagine growing in the soil outdoors. It would be like trying to remove the nutrients from the soil, it just doesn't happen.

Whatever is in the plant is in the plant for example, an overfed plant will still burn shit with long a flush. 

With organic principles, always revert back to nature for the answers. 

If I get chance I'll find a really helpful post I came across on the subject from ot1 bit I'm really busy today so forgive me if I don't get chance. 

All the best man

3 people like this

@blackpoolbouncer is right that there's no need to flush, if it's all organic you will just be starving your plants when they need it most.

As for the edibles, not sure if you have ever tried this, but add some Sunflower or Soy Lecithin to your butter and it will be more potent :) 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

If I get chance I'll find a really helpful post I came across on the subject from ot1 bit I'm really busy today so forgive me if I don't get chance. 

All the best man

The fact you reply at all is more than good enough for me man, even if it's a few days, I can wait! haha.

I managed to take apart my loupe and get it connected to the phone. When I got in there to take some pictures I Started to notice some browning marks on the blue cheese plant. I've got pictures below. It's appearing on new and old leaves alike. Not liking the look of it.. Any ideas? They're just getting water today anyway, so hopefully that will help. Maybe the double feed it didn't like?

5ko8cy.jpg

25k7djc.jpg

I also took some pictures of the trichs from the critical as it seems to be the closest to being ready.

Not great pictures, but they give an idea. Certainly easier to see when just using normally without the phone.

Critical trichomes

2a678dj.jpg

mr92c3.jpg

Thanks for suggestions @DBK I managed to get it attached and the pictures are not too bad at all.

Never tried that in the butter but will give it a go!

Sweet, I'll just keep feeding water/nutes as I have done so far then :)

Posted (edited)

I'm not great with leaf problems but it does look like too hot with nutes, if your plants are looking green and healthy and you start getting this necrosis between the veins of the leaves, maybe also at the tips, it's a sign of nute burn. Is it on bottom leaves or new growth too?

Edited by DBK
when looking at trichs try and look at the calyxes since the leaves are normally the first to go amber.

1 hour ago, DBK said:

I'm not great with leaf problems but it does look like too hot with nutes, if your plants are looking green and healthy and you start getting this necrosis between the veins of the leaves, maybe also at the tips, it's a sign of nute burn. Is it on bottom leaves or new growth too?

It's appearing on both, I think it could be nutes issues, they are getting just water today so hopefully start to get rid of the issue.

Googles where the calyxes are :Dlol

1 hour ago, PiratePete said:

It's appearing on both, I think it could be nutes issues, they are getting just water today so hopefully start to get rid of the issue.

Googles where the calyxes are :Dlol

I should of just said check the buds not the leaves xD , I'd agree to just water them plain and maybe add a really weak nute solution next time. It's easy to overdo with nutes, I messed up my current crop after using quite nutrient heavy soil and when they started showing signs of stress I stupidly gave them more food, should always try and remember that less is more. Let them do their thing until they look hungry and then start with a really weak feed and build up if they enjoy it.

1 person likes this