Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ranec

Medusa Lotus nft system

Evening all,

Anyone use or heard anything about the Medusa Lotus P1/R1 system?. 

Was gonna get a GT205 but the P1 looks to be a little less wide/deep but with a similar tank capacity whilst the R1 has a tiny tray res but is designed to be fed by a remote res so includes a float valve and piping etc....

1 person likes this

i have seen them they look like great systems i would get this over the gt205

Posted (edited)

I use the gt205s mate. They're unbelievably good systems!

My first grow, 2 autos in it got me 300g. The second grow was double that from 1 auto. They put anything into absolute beast mode!!! Takes a bit of getting used to but it's worth it. 

My auto record in 5gal pots is 4oz. Same strain in the 205 got 22 in the same time. 

The 205 is almost half the price of the P1  and I can't see the size of the Res on the P1? 

Having a top up Res also adds complications as you've got 2 reservoirs that behave differently but need to be kept somewhere in the middle, if that makes sense.

Much better off with the 205 in my opinion. Less to worry about, less to do, and less that can go wrong. 

Edited by Captain buckfast
.forgot to hit "alerts"
2 people like this

Thanks for the feedback @Captain buckfast - fingers crossed I can get somewhere close to those numbers with a bit of practice.

Site that I've been looking at has the P1 at £39.99 and the 205 'basic' kit for £44 (with the 205 'complete' kit for £52 but doesn't specify what the difference is). P1 capacity is listed as 16 litres which is what I've read the working volume of the 205 is anyway.

I did consider the remote res R1 version, the extra 110mm grow height it offers as well as (possibly) easier top up an res changes sounds good but I'm not sure how well storing mixed nutes in the remote res would work, plus I'd rather have everything inside my tent in case of leaks etc...

2 hours ago, Captain buckfast said:

I use the gt205s mate. They're unbelievably good systems!

My first grow, 2 autos in it got me 300g. The second grow was double that from 1 auto. They put anything into absolute beast mode!!! Takes a bit of getting used to but it's worth it. 

My auto record in 5gal pots is 4oz. Same strain in the 205 got 22 in the same time. 

The 205 is almost half the price of the P1  and I can't see the size of the Res on the P1? 

Having a top up Res also adds complications as you've got 2 reservoirs that behave differently but need to be kept somewhere in the middle, if that makes sense.

Much better off with the 205 in my opinion. Less to worry about, less to do, and less that can go wrong. 

thats amazing 22oz what light did you use 

Try onestopgrowshop mate, thats where I got mines and I've just realised they're now £39.99 for the ready to go set up. 

It's a 20L Res but trust me, the root capacity won't run out before you're ability to provide fluids does. 

I vegged a photo for 7 weeks and she was drinking 17L a day from early stretch. Wasn't far from blowing the pump. You don't want that hassle while trying to keep 2 reservoirs balanced mate trust me. 

Actually, I better just get my facts right here. Just realised I could be totally wrong but the Res size of the P1 is 16L total isnt it? That's how I read it anyway. 

Or have I just wasted the last 20 minuits of my life being too stoned lol. 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, TheGr33nMan said:

thats amazing 22oz what light did you use 

2 X cheapest of the cheap, old model 1, mars 600s. 500w total over a square metre. Not bad for an auto but there's always room for improvement. 

1 person likes this

onestopgrowshop has free delivery when you spend £25 cracking shop.i use them all the time..

7 minutes ago, TheGr33nMan said:

onestopgrowshop has free delivery when you spend £25 cracking shop.i use them all the time..

If it isn't on Amazon they're my first call mate. Fastest I've had from them was 18 hours!!! 

Still not got any sm-90 though! :(lol