Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FigmentofFig

M.S.G. Main Stem Girth technique.Supercropping the main stem

I tried this and it worked great! Oddly id never seen any articles, threads etc about it.Just wait until youve got a main stem with some girth and like 4 nodes and start pinching! Be careful pinching below the coetlydons, as the stalk tends to be more woody. There should be a sweet spot, just in between when the stalk is too small and young, and before it gets woody. Try and hit this sweet spot if pinching below the coetlydons. Also pinch gently , dont squeeze too much below those coetlydons, especially with pliers. Or you might get a butt crack. The cool thing is that as your plant gets taller, there is always gonna be an area thats perfect for pinching. The bottom will get woody though. I pinched right at soil level, and there was a mild vertical split. Kind looked like a butt crack. It took a bit longer than i would have liked for these to recover. Some plants didn't have the split/open wound, and they did great. Try not to do that though, but it will recover. I think this keeps the plant shorter, and definitely discourages apical dominance. A bigger main stalk supplies extra nutes and water to ALL branches, and the hormones keep nodes tight. I used a pair of needlenose pliers to pinch in between nodes that are too close. But be careful! Stay very steady. Also the little grooves in the pliers are NO GOOD. Use smooth pliers or cover them in thick tape. Maybe if you have small fingers you wont need pliers. Watch those fingernails though, they can score soft stems easily. Im cavalier with my supercropping, because its always readily apparent that its worth it if done right, so i supercrop in between multiple nodes at the same time, just like i supercrop many branches at many different points at the same time. The plant will only reward you, unless you do too much damage. In the end if you let it heal, it will still be stronger/bigger than when you started though. After 2 or three days, you can usually see your stalks getting FAT. 

Let me know what you think. Im sure lots of you already supercrop, because its awesome, but im just here to maybe enlighten you that you should maybe do this on your main stalk as well. As for the acronym, M.S.G. Makes people thick around the middle some might say haha well it will definitely make your plants thick around the middle!

2 people like this

Interesting.

Thinking about it, the biggest, strongest plant I ever had was from a late 90's skunk bag seed. She was snapped clean in half and taped back together. Turned into a proper monster

I'm going to give this a go

Nice one!

Nothing new and done most of the time when im growing mini flat bushes.

2 people like this

im sure its not new lol im not daft. but i searched all over the web and didnt find anything on pinching to fatten the main stem so i wrote about it. the acronym just came to me and i thought it was funny so i used it.

9 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Nothing new and done most of the time when im growing mini flat bushes.

once i harvest ill put up pics ... its a pretty remarkable technique dont u think? i was looking 4 info before i tried it and couldnt find a thing, which was and is suprising.

im gonna do it on all my plants now

Well when you supercrop a side branch it's doing the same thing. I would use supercropping more to put knuckles on branches I pull down horizontal  and have the knuckle at the 90 bend to vertical colas. Handy for sure.

Toke...

1 person likes this

True. Some people bend until the branch or main stem folds, to cause a permanent bend in the stalk. Ive seen plenty of that online, and done plenty myself because the girls got waaaaay too tall. And ive seen people pinch branches to make "knuckles" but I hadnt seeb anyone pinch lower than the very top on the main stem. Logic would dictate it would have the same effects, but I had to try it myself. Yeah i just supercrop everything until i induce flowers or until its a jungle in my little tent. lol even when the stem thickens and knuckles up a bit ill still pinch it. But By mid flower those knuckles are as hard as rocks.