Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

InTheSystem

Gorilla Breath & Lemon Garlic OG

157 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, siloseven said:

As a newbie I'd be interested to know why you freeze it rather just storing in sealed jars? I was under the impression that properly cured weed would keep for 12 months or so

It sure does - simply old habits mate, used to do like 8 plants on DWC in the UK and freezing kilos is much easier. Also I live in 40c+ temperatures as I don't live in the UK now - so i find it gets cooked leaving it in jars for weeks or months. Best to just freeze it and eliminate all that stress and worry... Have enough outdoor growing now to worry about until Sept & October too in the heat ;) 

Edited by InTheSystem
1 person likes this

Hey m8, cool report on a troublesome grow regarding the power cut an the fan falling...

An a very decent return on weight’s too, even if a lil under ur normal, an with new light’s...

an with the next run showing root’s off we go again :skin_up:

Smoke report eagerly await ‘d...:smokin:

2 people like this

51 minutes ago, Amo said:

Hey m8, cool report on a troublesome grow regarding the power cut an the fan falling...

An a very decent return on weight’s too, even if a lil under ur normal, an with new light’s...

an with the next run showing root’s off we go again :skin_up:

Smoke report eagerly await ‘d...:smokin:

Cheers mate... Yer it just shows that these Gorilla Breaths are solid strains - imagine what they would have been like without the issues and if Gorilla Breath #1 had finished its last 12 -14 days! I think it will make things interesting now I will grow that one from clones in coco coir on the next run. It won't be for a little while so it will be a new diary I suspect in September.

The outdoor versions I may post in here also or they might pop up in HSO Best pics. They have only just started flowering though so we looking October probably. I am quite relieved at least to have some nice smoke for the summer and kick back a little - it is needed ;)

3 people like this

7 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

Ok thought I would do a little update now everything is dry. Now a 2/3 week cure with Boveda packs and half of it gets frozen and in the freezer as my stock for the next few months... The final weigh ins were:

Gorilla Breath #1
hydro GG4 dom, had a lot of stress including a 200mm extractor fan fall on top of her taking 3 heads out and then a air pump failure causing her to finish nearly 2 weeks early.
240g

Gorilla Breath #2
coco coir, purple kush breath dom, also had stress of being moved tents mid way through flower and several heads droop to the floor where I was struggling to support her.
300g

Lemon Garlic OG
hydro, smallest plant of the bunch but such a nice smell.
140g

I have rounded down in all instances where it was slightly over the put numbers. That leaves me a total of 680g dry on 735w of lighting... So 0.9 GPW?? Dissapointing for me as I get 1.2/3 on CMH - BUT considering this grow was shambles that is not too bad. I have pic of it all in jars minus 110g.. So 570g pictured:

Now this is how you end a grow on UK420  ;)

With a final weigh in and a few stunning looking flower shots  :yep:

@InTheSystem are you happy with the end outcome buddy? 

Are you liking 1 strain over another? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Now this is how you end a grow on UK420  ;)

With a final weigh in and a few stunning looking flower shots  :yep:

@InTheSystem are you happy with the end outcome buddy? 

Are you liking 1 strain over another? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Thank you buddy - I think it's important to see the numbers too, even if they arn't amazing. I mean, this strain I feel could be a real monster yielder grown properly... I will put this theory to the test in Septmber, Until then I am vegging out the 3 clones as mothers and then will filter them down.

I am very happy considering I put them through hell. The yield is par for me and I am kicking myself because I know it could have been way better.... Anyway numbers aside, these are truly stinky, great quality strains. I am going to do a full write up on all 3 with nice photos as soon as my new Nikon DSLR arrives mate --- watch this space! Also the more of a cure I can give before reviewing, the better ;)

Edited by InTheSystem
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

I am very happy considering I put them through hell. The yield is par for me and I am kicking myself because I know it could have been way better.... Anyway numbers aside, these are truly stinky, great quality strains. I am going to do a full write up on all 3 with nice photos as soon as my new Nikon DSLR arrives mate --- watch this space! Also the more of a cure I can give before reviewing, the better ;)

Numbers are not everything mate and by the look of things you've got some very fine looking end product  ;)

Yes big yields are great but if the strain is not the best then?

You know the strain now and I'm very confident if you run her again in more favourable conditions the yield would be improved  ;)

I'll most definitely be on the look out for that write up buddy, new camera to we are in for a treat :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark. 

Edited by HSO-Mark
1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Numbers are not everything mate and by the look of things you've got some very fine looking end product  ;)

Yes big yields are great but if the strain is not the best then?

You know the strain now and I'm very confident if you run her again in more favourable conditions the yield would be improved  ;)

I'll most definitely be on the look out for that write up buddy, new camera to we are in for a treat :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark. 

Oh yer, quality over quantity mate.. But you guys have crossed 2 of the best strains in the world - quality was always going to be there and trust me, it is ;) So I guess I am just kicking myself as I truly believe this strain could be up there or top my yield records.. the size of the buds before the hydro pumped failed and they shrivelled was crazy. I can't imagine what they would have been like with the 2 week swell and therefore the weight. So it is a reflection of my grow, not the genetics - I have 12 of them outside and 3 mothers to filter down again (1 clone shot roots out before others, may grow slightly better etc.) - so Gorilla Breath has one me over for sure and we will be seeing them again soon ;)

Just to put it out there, they are banging smokes all 3 plants, my mate actually loves the Lemon for taste... I just want to get some better photos and do a real report, so yer it's all positive spirits... I think it was a good save considering teh circumstances :)

Edited by InTheSystem