Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lewg91

Clones drooping after 7 days

34 posts in this topic

Recently I've just been putting my clones into a cup, fill with water and place on a heated prop if its winter. I've still got my old jar of Clonex but never bother putting it on when using plain water to root the clones. Just make sure to keep checking as you can get the roots tangled up.

It looks unproffesional to just have random old cups and mugs filled with cuttings but as long as you label each mug as to the contents, its a low cost easy to maintain method. Don't even need a prop cover or any misting this way. I guess the clones draw up water and therefore don't need the humidity we give when popping in rockwool or other mediums. They will struggle to get water as the cut or open wound is the only way to draw it up. If that open wound is in water, its got water all around and not just a drop gathered in the medium to suck up.

Its an easy as pie method that requires 70 ish F but even if in the mid 60s they will root, just takes a while longer. You need only an household LED bulb or CFL to root them. Once rooted, simply put a pencil in the soil and make a hole. Pop that baby on in and firm down the soil. Water till draining in a nice light airy soil in a small pot. They are now ready to go under a proper lighting system or you can leave under the low wattage household light for months if needs be until you have room to grow them out.

Posted (edited)

I find that heated props get too hot so instead  use an old TV set top box under a normal prop to give a more gentle heat from below for cuttings.

Edited by Smokebelch
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

I've just been putting my clones into a cup, fill with water and place on a heated prop if its winter.

Gotta say, I love the simplicity of this :)  Did you mean to type on the prop there, or was that in the prop? both close on kb lol 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, unity said:

Gotta say, I love the simplicity of this :)  Did you mean to type on the prop there, or was that in the prop? both close on kb lol 

Well, I actually have another propagator in the heated propagator so maybe that's why I got confused.

Its both in and on. :)

We can have plants in the propagator but they are also on it. More so when another propagator tray is already in there.

The edibles make me procrastinate too much when using language.

Best level it out with a joint. :skin_up:

2 people like this