Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Shortie

Soil nutes in hydro

Hi all,

I fucked up and ordered Bloom nutes for soil (Dutch Pro) and I needed hydro. I can't return them as they're open as I didn't notice until I was about to use it .  From what I can see on the Dutch pro website, it's just not as strong. What do you all think? can I use it or have I wasted £50? I'm using a Wilma System

The Hydro nutes:

4.9%NO3 5.9%K2O 1.3%SO 0.006%B 0.015%Mn
0.4%NH4 3.7%CaO 0.4%Na2O 0.002%Cu 0.002%Mo
2.1%P2O5 1.4%MgO 0.3%CI 0.021%Fe 0.006%Zn
N-P-K 5-2-6 TOTAL

The Soil nutes:

4.4%NO3 5.5%K2O 1.1%SO 0.006%B 0.015%Mn
0.4%NH4 3.7%CaO 0.2%Na2O 0.002%Cu 0.002%Mo
1.7%P2O5 1.0%MgO 0.2%CI 0.013%Fe 0.004%Zn

Posted (edited)

Normally soil nutes will be of a different viscosity, much thicker liquid & therefore will block most hydro pumps & pipes. 

I'd wait for someone more experienced with hydro before making a judgement, but I'd guess the answer will be don't risk it. Especially if you bugger your pump & several expensive seedlings.

I've just noticed you are using a Wilma, in which case, very risky & you'll need to use the biggest drippers. But I will say, my drippers blocked when I tried out a Wilma and I was using the correct coco nutes!  

Good luck whatever you choose :yinyang:

Edited by AKPOG
Fix auto spell from drippers to diapers!
1 person likes this

Soil nutes would normally have a higher NH4 percentage and possibly some urea. If its free of lumpy bits, they`ve probably just used the same basic agro chems and tweaked the formulation to create a different product. 

1 person likes this