Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blueovalbug

Cloudy water

16 posts in this topic

Guys I put 10 litres of water in a bucket last nite my tent to take the chill off there is a air stone in there to anyway iv just put 20 mil of canna coco a/b added ph down to get to 6 went bk an hour later and it’s cloudy and gone up to 6.8  I can’t even see the stone any ideas the feeds are fresh bottles the ph is a few months old thanks

I would double check your PH metre, also the nutrients you added may of caused an algae bloom. You can leave the water overnight and it will dechlorinate and adjust to room temp but don’t add the nutrients untill you intent to water the plants.

has someone swapped your nutes for some Ouzo?

1 person likes this

Iv just mixed up a fresh batch but not put the air stone in this time again set to ph 6 il check again in abit like I said the nutes are brand new with seal I’m using ecothrive coco does it work abit like canna pro has a built in ph buffer does anyone know

thanks

Ok so the water was cloudy again this morning so I removed the air stone came home from work tonight and it had cleared slightly but there’s a white sediment at the bottom of the bucket and ideas guys??

thanks

My guess is something in the mix reacted together , formed an insoluble salt and dropped out of solution. The cloudiness is the small suspended particals. I`d mix a small test sample in a glass using just water and nutes, nothing else. If thats clear, you can rule out the nutes being the cause.

Hi so I mixed the opposite way around I put my ph down in first the the nutes I didn’t put the air stone in either and it stayed clear is this way ok ???

thanks..

Posted (edited)

Doing ii that way means you`ll need to know how much ph down to add as the nutes will cause the ph to be lower. Seems strange that a little phosphoric acid (ph down) added to the nutes would cause a big reaction but adding it first means its more dilute. The thing to do now is wait and see if it stays clear or gradually turns cloudy over time ;)

Edited by Geo

Your right iv never mixed nutes this way in the 6 years iv been doing this but this is also the first time iv used this canna feed it’s the one we’re you use it all the way from veg to flower 

Morning guys just a update really I’m still using this product but I’ve noticed a white hazey substance at the bottom of my bucket and around my measuring jug is this salt and why do you think this is happening I’m mixing 12 litres up ph down first then feeds it’s taking 3 days to use this mix thanks in advance 

Are you mixing your A and B together at all ? Also what are you using for ph down ? Anything else In The mix ? 

Hi A first in the water then B the ph down is made by nutriculture nothing else in the mix 

It’s a bit odd tbh. I’ve only had cloudiness when I’ve messed up using liquid silicon. I wonder if there’s something wrong with the nutrients or the ph down 

Posted (edited)

It’s probably a long shot but might be worth adjusting ph to 6.9 first, then add A, mix, add B, mix, then ph to desired level, 5.9 for me.. the instructions are for when including silicon in the mix, which you are not.. so might make no difference but worth a try as I’m told that nutes mix better at ph 6.9 then adjust :smokin:

Edited by Era
Add silicon first before adjusting to 6.9 if using
1 person likes this

Fill a glass of water and let it stand overnight. If it goes cloudy then you no it's the water. Happens here from time to time when they have been working on the mains.