Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guggsy44

Gorilla glue and Stardawg Autoflowering

48 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has grown any Gorilla Glue #4 or any stardawg both of which are auto flowering. I am planning to plant the seeds into Jiffy pellets and then outdoors when the time is right. what kind of success rate did you have and is there anything I need to be aware of. I had a problem with aphids last year, so any advise on how to prevent aphids from getting on the plant would be much appreciated.

The gorilla glue cut none auto finished for me at lat54 so the auto should be fine. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, brock1 said:

The gorilla glue cut none auto finished for me at lat54 so the auto should be fine. 

There is a lot I learned from last year. My only problems were the drying and curing. The buds dried out to quickly last year,  2-3 days instead of 2-3 weeks. And also due to a lack of rain I had Aphids on the plants. first clue were ants crawling on the plants. When do people usually plant their seeds for out door grow. I started beginning of April last year. 

Hi People, Just wondering if anyone with any success has grown any Gorilla Glue #4 Auto outside in the UK. I started germination on the 15th April in my bedroom window, and I have got them to a point where, I had to move the plants out side on the 16th May. I am growing 3x GG4 and one of the plants the, leaves are curling up slightly and turning white, and looks likes it's growth is being stunted. the other 2 GG4 plants seem fine but not getting very big. My stardawg and OG Kush seem to be  doing fine. I am growing all of them in 11L pots using Plant magic soil supreme, and feeding them small amounts of Plant magic soil bloom. I have mixed 5ML of soil bloom to 5L of water and give 6 plants a litre of water, as they do not need so much water yet. They get direct sunlight from 8:30am till 6:30pm outside. so I have placed them where they will get optimal amount of direct sun.  The reason I am giving them small amounts of feed, is because I do not want to get nute burn, giving them to much feed, as the soil should have enough nute in it, to sustain the plants for a while. plus it has been raining so I cannot water them, that often. Any advise would be grateful.

On 22/05/2019 at 9:11 AM, Guggsy44 said:

Hi People, Just wondering if anyone with any success has grown any Gorilla Glue #4 Auto outside in the UK. I started germination on the 15th April in my bedroom window, and I have got them to a point where, I had to move the plants out side on the 16th May. I am growing 3x GG4 and one of the plants the, leaves are curling up slightly and turning white, and looks likes it's growth is being stunted. the other 2 GG4 plants seem fine but not getting very big. My stardawg and OG Kush seem to be  doing fine. I am growing all of them in 11L pots using Plant magic soil supreme, and feeding them small amounts of Plant magic soil bloom. I have mixed 5ML of soil bloom to 5L of water and give 6 plants a litre of water, as they do not need so much water yet. They get direct sunlight from 8:30am till 6:30pm outside. so I have placed them where they will get optimal amount of direct sun.  The reason I am giving them small amounts of feed, is because I do not want to get nute burn, giving them to much feed, as the soil should have enough nute in it, to sustain the plants for a while. plus it has been raining so I cannot water them, that often. Any advise would be grateful.

A pic would help a lot. Leaf curling up could be heat stress but the yellowing more likely your plant needs more nitrogen feed. But that's just the little list without seeing the plant's I am really just guessing. 

17 hours ago, brock1 said:

A pic would help a lot. Leaf curling up could be heat stress but the yellowing more likely your plant needs more nitrogen feed. But that's just the little list without seeing the plant's I am really just guessing. 

I did try to put some pictures up. but I am not sure how last year I had to put pictures in the gallery part of this forum. I have done the same this year. I have put the leaf damage pics in the gallery as I wasn't sure how to put them into this thread. I think the administrators need to make it a little more clear how to put up pictures in threads. the old how to guide was made in 2008, and that way does not work. So if someone can explain to me how to put pictures up in threads it would be a help.

Posted (edited)

When you make a post you get the pull down box option to add media. bottom right. choose the pic from you gallery. @Guggsy44

Edited by Kipper420
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Open text box, click 'insert other media', click 'insert existing attachment'

Edited by SevernValleySavant
Hows that for timing Kipper. You beat me too it by 5 seconds
1 person likes this

large.5ce7a41daf0a0_uploadmedia2.JPG

top option

lol@SevernValleySavant

1 person likes this

From what Ive read of this thread so far, I dont think youve said what breeder these are from? Im guessing fastbuds? 

Also great choice of soil, but i noticed youre only feeding bloom? Are the plants getting any proper source of nitrogen?

From the way youre talking about your leaves, are they worse the lower you go down the plant? Are the leaves crisping up and dying once theyve lost colour? If the answer is yes then i think youve been underfeeding nitrogen this whole time. PM soil is very light in nutrients, you usually need to start feeding after a couple of weeks....I use bio-bizz grow and fishmix, then introduct OT bloom during flower.

1 person likes this

Just seen you plants (cheers kipper). Ignore what I said about nitrogen lol

Looks just like a minor cal-mag related issue mate. I wouldnt be messing about trying to correct that at this stage. The plants look healthy and happy, I'd keep doing what youre doing and let them do their thing. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SevernValleySavant said:

From what Ive read of this thread so far, I dont think youve said what breeder these are from? Im guessing fastbuds? 

Also great choice of soil, but i noticed youre only feeding bloom? Are the plants getting any proper source of nitrogen?

From the way youre talking about your leaves, are they worse the lower you go down the plant? Are the leaves crisping up and dying once theyve lost colour? If the answer is yes then i think youve been underfeeding nitrogen this whole time. PM soil is very light in nutrients, you usually need to start feeding after a couple of weeks....I use bio-bizz grow and fishmix, then introduct OT bloom during flower.

Sorry I mean soil grow not soil bloom. I will use soil bloom one my plants go in to flower. 

large.DSC_02551.JPGlarge.DSC_02541.JPGlarge.DSC_02531.JPG

1 person likes this

Thank you for explain how to get my pictures up. :yep:

So to explain further the first pic is gorilla glue #4 of which I have 3 plants all together. I have read other posts where leaf damage is similar, it may have been down to cold. I moved them out on 16th may. so it could be down to cold temps at night. the second plant pic is my stardawg of which I have 2 plants. the other stardawg seems fine. I might have been under feeding them as I was worried about feeding them to much nutrients. I have upped the soil grow now to normal dosage one a week depending how wet the soil is. The third picture is my GG4 again showing leaf damage similar to first pic. it seems to me the if a plant has high THC it is harder to grow. the only problems I had last year was heat when I had to dry them and aphids. last year I had auto amnesia and green crack and 2 vast 2 furious. 

large.5ce92fe0bf3c7_GG4-2.JPGlarge.5ce92fe7a0ee6_GG4-3.JPGlarge.5ce92ff0b4680_OGKush.JPGlarge.SD-1.JPGlarge.SD-2.JPGlarge.5ce92fd140886_GG4-1.JPG

3 people like this