Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Russjackell

The weather

1,094 posts in this topic

It's the 75mph wind mixed with rain along with low temps that's worrying. Nothing to say there won't be another storm in 3 days as that's all the warning we get, this wasn't in the forecast 3 days ago  Was the same last year large.IMG_20200823_200426_compress50.jpg

4 people like this

19 hours ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

The hammock is pictured, with the bud hanging above it. The thing over the top of all of it is called a tarpaulin FYI. 

Hammocks are best pitched hanging close to the ground for many reasons, including reducing the potential of a face plant when getting out of a hammock to piss out the 6 beers I drank before getting in it. lol 

I see it now. I had my drinking glasses on last night ...

2 people like this

Cold here, like Autumn. I fear the heating will go on. Leaves are dropping from trees. I mean it's fucking July!!! When the forecast says "an unusual deep area of low pressure" or "unseasonal storm" they should say usual and seasonal. Storm Evert ?? Our climate is well and truly fucked

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

Cold here, like Autumn. I fear the heating will go on. Leaves are dropping from trees. I mean it's fucking July!!! When the forecast says "an unusual deep area of low pressure" or "unseasonal storm" they should say usual and seasonal. Storm Evert ?? Our climate is well and truly fucked

we have the same in holland.

but...the wheater expert guys here speak of an old fashioned Dutch Summer.....so rain and sun and normal temp of 24 degrees....

the last few year were exceptional really.........i did not have to water plants this year....im not really complaining... :) 

the only thing i changed was to abandon a "" dry spot ""...but this was a mistake ..i realize now... :)

Edited by DutchFox

I checked the weather yesterday and it said gusts upto 40mph... Sounds way worse than that in my part of Cornwall.  Last year one of my super#61s was ripped from the ground, I've been pruning to keep them low this year and the main stems are thicker so I hope I'm gonna be ok... I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning. 

1 person likes this

Got down to 13c in my shed last night, lat 53.

NE/N wind and rain all day today

Pants for July.

:thumbdown:

3 people like this

I battened down the hatches in South Wales, moved all my planters, stacked the garden chairs in expectation of 75 mph winds. Yes the rain last night was torrential, but no wind.

This morning there isn’t even a breeze and there is even some blue sky……guess Storm Evert missed here altogether.

4 people like this

We finally got some proper rain.

Woke very early this morning and it was proper pissing down wind not as strong as predicted but pretty breezy.

The rain is perfect for me with a lot of girls just about to flower and i put down ferts mid week so another fortnight and i will start chucking some sop around.

2 people like this

Not ideal weather for autos in bloom. However temps are remaining consistent and there isn't any humidity which should hopefully see a lot of girls out there remain mould free or worst case scenario very minimal levels of mould.

Fingers crossed for any guys in this situation atm.

6 people like this

1 hour ago, TheWailingOne said:

Not ideal weather for autos in bloom. However temps are remaining consistent and there isn't any humidity which should hopefully see a lot of girls out there remain mould free or worst case scenario very minimal levels of mould.

My 2 were kept in an outhouse with a fan on them overnight, right at the end. It probably saved them from being riddled with mould.

Got one dropped off this morning that I adopted out. It hadn't had the same protection and it was sopping wet. Probably gonna affect final quality but hey ho. 

Just hope fellow auto gardeners can get some night time protection for their ladies. 

Everything crossed for you all

Bless up

2 people like this

On 30/07/2021 at 7:58 AM, Mort said:

Got down to 13c in my shed last night, lat 53.

NE/N wind and rain all day today

Pants for July.

:thumbdown:

I’m at Lat 53 and was sat outside talking to my local PCSO last night and it was bloody cold. Well for July methinks.

Came inside and the heating thermo was reading 18 degrees:huh:

The last four days around here the weather has been miserable and wet.

On Thursday the rain storms reminded me of being in India during monsoon season

Today I was talking to an old, wise and organic allotmenteer who informs me the second half of August is going to be drier and warmer:thumsup:

1 person likes this

Got battered by giant hail, 1st time, freaky. Awful weather compared to years past, a big increase of rain, :crybaby:are probably getting Turkey's share.

On 30/07/2021 at 8:02 PM, TheWailingOne said:

Checked on the Auto Gelato girls today. I've lost approx 5-10% of each girl to mould on day 93. Another 3 weeks to go by my reckoning. Fingers crossed the weather picks up and this is the last of it.

large.20210803_212043.jpglarge.20210803_212132.jpg

5 people like this

Has anyone ever had to harvest a plant when it is wet due to rainfall?

I really don't want to do this as I suspect mould will form if the buds are wet while hung up and drying.

The issue is I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and harvest a little bit early to avoid the plants turning into a mouldy bush and with the rain due to continue into next week I am really stumped as to what to do for the best.

Any thoughts?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, TheWailingOne said:

Has anyone ever had to harvest a plant when it is wet due to rainfall?

I really don't want to do this as I suspect mould will form if the buds are wet while hung up and drying.

The issue is I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and harvest a little bit early to avoid the plants turning into a mouldy bush and with the rain due to continue into next week I am really stumped as to what to do for the best.

Any thoughts?

Following.

Im in the same boat humidity is up in the 90s for the next 10 days two of my whitey freeze are 3 or 4 weeks into flower. There not ready yet. But they have some huge buds. Suppose the only option is to check them ever couple of days and if they need the chop getting a fan on them for an hour and try and dry out the excess water. 

Maybe put them in news papper or papper bags during transport from plot

Edited by Cosmicdebris606