Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Russjackell

The weather

205 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Was thinking about the chopper next time it goes over going to try and clock its number its only one chopper for the whole area so will look for an app maybe for my phone so i get an alert when the bastard has taken off.

That app smelly cat posted is the dogs bollox you can pay 3 quid for proximity alarm which would do just that

1 person likes this

6 people like this

Think the forecast is scorchio for the rest of week and into next so an early morning watering for my auto's tomorrow and think the mango plot on sunday.

Also going to finish of one of our RGS plots gonna split the 12 into 2 plots so not too warm as got a bit of work to do. lol

3 people like this

Anyone else finding the growth has slowed down alot with this scorching weather? 

1 person likes this

getting away with hand balling water to site but i dont know how long i can keep it up. 

realised there is a brook nearby but its not uphill so gravity fed watering isnt going to work.

I would require a pump but i can have anything thats going to make a noise, i was thinking anyone use any hand operated pumps?

Cap

38 minutes ago, cappilio said:

getting away with hand balling water to site but i dont know how long i can keep it up. 

realised there is a brook nearby but its not uphill so gravity fed watering isnt going to work.

I would require a pump but i can have anything thats going to make a noise, i was thinking anyone use any hand operated pumps?

Cap

No first hand experience unfortunately but I am in a similar situation, eBay and the like seem to have drill operated pumps, would a cordless drill be too loud? 

9 minutes ago, JP001 said:

No first hand experience unfortunately but I am in a similar situation, eBay and the like seem to have drill operated pumps, would a cordless drill be too loud? 

Yeah I seen them, but yeah probably too loud for my liking

But might be worth a try keep watering at the right hour could get away with it

Just checked..... Inlet maximum length is 2m..... So no good

Edited by cappilio

5 minutes ago, cappilio said:

Yeah I seen them, but yeah probably too loud for my liking

But might be worth a try keep watering at the right hour could get away with it

Try Googling "Bilge pump", used a hand one on a boat before and it moved quite a lot of water, it looks like some kind of gearstick.

Edit - Some text taken from a site selling them:

"Up to 10 litres of water per 30 strokes in one minute."

Edited by JP001
1 person likes this

Too wet in spring, too dry in summer.  Game this growing innit!

Relax, things will work out, stick to the basics and avoid watching that knobhead on YouTube 

7 people like this

On 29/05/2020 at 10:46 PM, Eelhelmet said:

Too wet in spring, too dry in summer.  Game this growing innit!

Relax, things will work out, stick to the basics and avoid watching that knobhead on YouTube 

Outdoor warrior I'm guessing?