Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Russjackell

The weather

1,858 posts in this topic

We have some decent heavy rain now. Not before time. All night now until morning...

2 people like this

Where's this bloody rain then ?

1 person likes this

It's at my bit today by the looks of it... :yep:

Floods they said!! lol

Severe thunderstorms they said!! :guitar:

1 person likes this

we got hammered on last night, shit loads of water and thunder storms on a flat roof a few inches from my head at 4 in the morning lol 

3 people like this

8 hours ago, twigs said:

we got hammered on last night, shit loads of water and thunder storms on a flat roof a few inches from my head at 4 in the morning lol 

Yeah we had it bad last night too. Thunder and heavy rain fucking woke me up :headpain:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Here in the East Mids been pissing it down thunder and lighting for past couple of days .

Though today its been bloody baking hot.

Edited by hashi

I see the MET is predicting 40+ for 3 wks in July  ..... awesome for the garden girls and auto growers .....   i feel for the GG boys n girls !!

Gonna be water trips galore lol          Time to get them big ass  terracotta bought & sunk in them plots between the plants :george:   

Plug the arse / Fill with water / cover / let them leach into the ground to add some cooling to the girls :yep:

Good luck to all the GG peeps.   

6 people like this

@OldFord dude i had 200L stashed few weeks back down to about 40L now.

Luckily my auto plot water source still has water but my main plots source is dry as a bone.

That reminds me i got another one of them large water bottles to drop off at the auto plot just in case.

I really do/don't like the sound of that MET office prediction though great for my autos but bad for my back. lol

4 people like this

I hear you mate lol        Supposedly from what im reading on all the weather sites ,   from the 3rd to the 23rd   40+ is on its way lol 

You know how accurate it is , anyone's guess !           If its true ... the GG boys n girls will suffer as usual if not more so than usual.       

I feel for you all as i know how fast it can evaporate !!        What about  .....

What about upping the Flower Power ratio a tad for more water retention ???    not seen issues at 2 1/3 to 3 scoops to 10ltrs for the very reason above.  

Make a large batch up as it jeeps well  & add seaweed liquid feed as it will skin , go oily and hopefully an oil slick barrier to stop evap ??  

Terracotta pots sunk was my go to method .... dont fancy digging holes in the heat though lol      

I wish one the very best of luck and hope it plays out well mucker 

5 people like this

I use a 5L can at both plots and just been dropping one scoop in so will add another half next visit.

Might even buy more straw for the bed it retains a good amount of water and was cheap as chips.

Like i said water is going to be the difference between a good year and a fantastic one the way the sun been shining.

Get well @OldFord listen to ur mrs. lol

3 people like this

I'm getting to old for this lol

Filling a 25ltr container with a bucket in a very shallow brook..half bucket a time so thats a ball ache enough then you gotta hoof the fuker up a near vertical bank and through a tunnel to the plot..im already feeling the pain and now the plot has even more plants on it 2 runs per visit may not be enough..ouch :wallbash:

1 person likes this

@Revive

I've seen moonshiners on TV use a battery powered water pump and hose...maybe worth considering?

4 people like this

6 minutes ago, stu914 said:

@Revive

I've seen moonshiners on TV use a battery powered water pump and hose...maybe worth considering?

I did look into those stu but 2 issues im faced with is the head of height of the pump, its prob 30 odd feet up the bank then a small run to the plot..the other is the brook isnt very deep either..I tried before to rake some stones and shit from the bottom so I had an area to fill the buckets better but its moving water and the next time I looked it had all moved again somehow..tried to build a lil dam also and that never worked lol

What I need brother is a genie in a bottle that can grant me a wish to take 30 years off my life lol id piss it in my 20,s ;)

Good shout though dude, thanks :yep:

5 people like this