Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ItsRichy420

New grower starting with Autos --- 55°---Guerilla Grow

Hi all.

i want to start getting into growing, due to being sick of only being able to buy whats around me, and often enough, its shitty pond weed, now more than ever i want to become self sufficient, i have never grown before in my life, and i think now is the time.

basically im looking for any help/tips on growing autos, me and a very trustworthy friend are going to go two ways in on the crop, we have already found a spot where we want to grow, well out the way of any human contact (hopefully). located 55° in northumberland.

we are going to start the plants for a month'ish in his house then transfer them outside...

Basically if any of you's have any tips for a first time grower eg. soil types, N P K levels, when to water ect , any help will be much appreciated

Thanks 

Richy420 

Posted (edited)

Hi, and welcome. 

Im a relative novice myself so others will be able to offer stronger advice, but I reckon you’d be better off growing regulars if growing outdoors. 

Ive grown autos indoors and outdoors (in greenhouse), and best I’ve managed from a single plant was 4oz, grown indoors. I’d probably average around 50g per plant - with a relatively low nutrient, mostly organic feeding schedule. 

With regular plants you could easily double or triple that yield per plant - with Mother Nature controlling the lighting schedule for you.

Do do you have a particular reason for choosing autos for outdoors? 

Edited by Reflektor

Hi mate,

Depending on how much you both smoke you're gonna want a fair amount to be self sufficient for a season/year for 2 people...

What strains you growing? I would recommend photo's/autos from RGSC for some solid mould resistant plants at your lat, or dinafem as well if you're set on autos.

Probably wouldn't keep autos indoors for much more than 2 weeks before transplanting to final pots/holes outdoors.. 

Are they in pots or the ground? Different watering/feeding schedules required for different methods etc..

:yinyang:

1 hour ago, Reflektor said:

Hi, and welcome. 

Im a relative novice myself so others will be able to offer stronger advice, but I reckon you’d be better off growing regulars if growing outdoors. 

Ive grown autos indoors and outdoors (in greenhouse), and best I’ve managed from a single plant was 4oz, grown indoors. I’d probably average around 50g per plant - with a relatively low nutrient, mostly organic feeding schedule. 

With regular plants you could easily double or triple that yield per plant - with Mother Nature controlling the lighting schedule for you.

Do do you have a particular reason for choosing autos for outdoors? 

I did come across some outdoor regs on the sites I was on, and to be honest, I think that's probably the route I'm gonna end up taking, I'll probs still do 1 or 2 autos with them just to see the difference for myself, and my reasons for an outdoor grown is my lass has 2 young children in the house and she's not up for the idea of growing, so this is the next best logical step to go to in my eyes

18 minutes ago, LivelyUpYourself said:

Hi mate,

Depending on how much you both smoke you're gonna want a fair amount to be self sufficient for a season/year for 2 people...

What strains you growing? I would recommend photo's/autos from RGSC for some solid mould resistant plants at your lat, or dinafem as well if you're set on autos.

Probably wouldn't keep autos indoors for much more than 2 weeks before transplanting to final pots/holes outdoors.. 

Are they in pots or the ground? Different watering/feeding schedules required for different methods etc..

:yinyang:

Currently at the mo, I'm smoking anywhere from 1-3gs a day, but when I'm up and running  I'd ideally want on average 3gs a day (roughly 3oz a month) for myself, the strains I was looking at was Royal cheese auto, OG kush auto and Royal Gorrila auto, and once they're out for planting, more than likely I'll be going down the pot route, and does it make a difference if they're indoors longer?, also as above I'm also thinking about going for some outdoor regs too, is the techniques any different for them? 

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

If you're smoking that much and splitting the harvest 50/50 you'd need 72oz to be self sufficient for a year lol But any free weed is good, and I'd definitely recommend some RGSC photoperiods (Mighty Gold, Greengold, DFG) for their mould resistance and yield in our climate. 

From what I understand, if you keep autos in starter pots longer than a few weeks it can stunt their overall growth.. you want to get them in final pots around 2 weeks ish latest so the roots can spread out. Autos need a good start as they dont have a long veg period so if they're stunted early they won't amount to much etc...

Not sure about regs (never done them) but probably similar to feminised seeds, just watching out for/removing males :D

If you're watering in pots, you just wanna do a good wet/dry cycle once the plants established... when the pot feels light and/or the top layer of soil is dry you should water. Varies depending on temps/humidity/medium/plant size etc...

Edited by LivelyUpYourself
watering info
2 people like this

I'd grow autos that far north.  Dinafem, Sweet Seeds and Memphisto have some killer new strains this year.  Two to three weeks indoors then outside around mid May will ensure they're about done when the summer temps start to drop off.  No worries about light pollution either.  Get your self some nice Airpots and go for it. :skin_up:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm at 55° right on the border next to the sea I've had a few good years and plenty shit ones !

Rot is the destroyer of weed here, autos work well I've had some good results with sensi seeds northern lights autos, purple bud autos and I'm looking forward to trying out some of their new strains this year

I've also had some joy with early skunk, Durban and early pearl photos

trial and error 

Edited by Latitude 55
1 person likes this

Hi @Latitude 55  .

i m at 40:) but i've read before another thread(don t remember exactly which) here about that kind of strains and i saved the link to a Danish breeders that make strains for north countries,having in mind to grow in Winter,when/sometime....

.I believe,someone will write you in a while the full thread,but you'll find it interesting to check em out.

It s  :    hybridsfromhell    .

Good luck with your grow.

2 people like this

I'm at lat 55 but a bit further north up in Scotland and I recently asked the same question.  I done alot of reading and listened to alot of advice and what I understood people to be saying is that due to the likelihood of rot we wanted an early finish so autos or early finishing strains like leb57 or greengold. I subscriber and asked for the best seeds for my lat to be sent out and got a whack of seeds like 20 and they seem to be early finishers.  I'm a total novice and haven't grown anything decent yet so don't know how useful this is.  I'm at a similar lat though so I'm rooting for you (excuse the pun)