Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JimmyPage

Best way to measure/dispense nutes ??

24 posts in this topic

Let's start by saying pouring - no matter from what or to what is the worst way in the world :)

That said, currently my least shit way is to use a 5-100ml brewing trial tube. But it's shit - especially when bottles are nearly full and you only need 5ml.

I have a selection of syringes, but after a bit has gone out the bottle, you start needing some extension - and the tubing I was told to use in the shop curls around and ... is shit.

I have some unmarked pipettes which deliver 3ml ... so that would be 10 goes for 30ml ... I'm not that patient.

Ideally a long tipped syringe or syringes that can measure from 5ml to 50ml, and draw up from a 1L bottle ?????

Just thought I'd ask :) As always good vibes to all !

1 person likes this

medicine spoon 5ml and 2.5ml

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Image result for 5ml plastic spoon

Btw £1.55 inc p+p ebayy

Edited by Jimboo
2 people like this

tbh mate I tip it into the lid or some small dish like jars I have and fill the syringe from that.  

1 person likes this

I'm a bit slap dash with the nutes myself these days, I rarely bother with syringes and stuff...

An 8L watering can usually gets a shot of this, a slug of that and a slosh of the other..

It's none to exact or scientific but its alot less headachey (for me, probably play havoc with someones OCD like lol )

Probably best to ignore my advice in this case tbh, it's not the best really but I'm honest if not exact lol

2 people like this

Find how much the lid holds write it on the bottle and work from that

20ml syringe.with a short length of pipe to get to the bottom of the nute bottle

1 person likes this

I use long plastic marked pipets , cheap and work ok :oldtoker:

35 minutes ago, hash72 said:

medicine spoon 5ml and 2.5ml

:russian: 

1 person likes this

I use a jug with the ml up the side.:yep:

DJ.....

2 people like this

I been filling up throwaway shot glasses with approx amount and using a 10ml syringe to measure from there, tipping into spoons and measures makes a mess especially with thick liquids like fish mix.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have a range of syringes. Smallest measures 1ml in total, largest measures 45ml i think.

Then i ordered some plastic measuring cups that go from 10 - 100 ml. From ebay, from china but i think grow and harvest do them too. 

Used to use Syringes for measurements over 100ml, but it was a waste of time. Now once i make bigger feeds for bigger root zones i just use the plastic measuring cups.

I have a measure for every instance now.

I use Roots XL (0.3ml per litre) so when i only need to mix up 1 litre for seedlings the 1ml Syringe is a god send.

Edited by Alan Johnson

Intense nutrients supers dooper dispenser bottles nowadays. Haven't used a syringe or pipette for months now. I used to use measuring beakers when the levels in the bottles got too low to syringe/pipette.

decant from 5l to a 1l bottle with a funnel and shot glass or calpol sryinge 

i use a 500ml jug, i have the canna taps on all my 10ltr containers & just pour. Job done. I mix up 2 200ltr reservoirs each time witch lasts me a week.

1 person likes this