Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jammo85

Leaves from trimming....any good for oil?

36 posts in this topic

I’ve just started my training of my plants and I see people cut the bottom 1/3 of the plant away as light doesn’t get there. 

Im not at that stage yet 

but was wondering when I was would it be worth trying to get the cbd out of those leaves? 

The plants are now 5 weeks old 

i use morphine daily to get to work for back issues and I’m sick of using it. 

I’m 33, and the last 13 years have been lost to opiates. 

I don’t smoke at all so the plants are for oil only not to smoke. 

Was wondering would I be able to get some oil a bit earlier from the cuttings rather than waiting till the plants are fully done?? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

eat them mate :stoned: chuck them into any food you eat/cook, you can do the same with any buds you've got

i blend mine in a breakfast smoothy almost daily

you wouldn't get a big enough amount/if any of oil to justify the time and money on the extraction imho (from a few leafs)

saying that i've never done a pure leaf extraction so im just guestamateing

:yinyang:

Edited by twigs
4 people like this

Would you say you have any Benefits from using the leaves?

do you notice any pain relief? Or just using them up to save on waste?

well i’m of the opinion that i’ve grown it and it’s got medical properties so why throw it away? 

lots of people in the states eat raw for health and swear by it..

i feel pretty good, but i consume a lot of cannabis on a daily basis! :stoned: 

4 people like this

On 19/03/2019 at 1:55 PM, twigs said:

well i’m of the opinion that i’ve grown it and it’s got medical properties so why throw it away? 

lots of people in the states eat raw for health and swear by it..

i feel pretty good, but i consume a lot of cannabis on a daily basis! :stoned: 

lol thanks for the reply mate, bloody missed it didn’t get a notification. So your of the opinion more the better hahaha 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Jammo85 said:

So your of the opinion more the better hahaha 

oh, for sure buddy.. :skin_up:

i broke my back, cracked my neck and bashed my head in a tree accident years ago, cannabis has served/serviced me very well throughout my life :stoned: and im still going strong dude

i very much attribute my over-all health to daily cannabis use, its essential for me, like food and water

enjoy it, its here for you :stoned: 

2 people like this

5 hours ago, twigs said:

oh, for sure buddy.. :skin_up:

i broke my back, cracked my neck and bashed my head in a tree accident years ago, cannabis has served/serviced me very well throughout my life :stoned: and im still going strong dude

i very much attribute my over-all health to daily cannabis use, its essential for me, like food and water

enjoy it, its here for you :stoned: 

Ah serious?

that sounds like your lucky to still be here!! 

Did you or do you use any opiate pain killers? 

And if so what do you think of cannabis compared to them? 

Ive spent the last 13 years building my way up from cocodamols to tramadols to morphine, 3 years ago I decided at 30 years of age this is bullshit. I don’t want my life to be ruled by morphine and have managed to reduce daily intake by 60% I’m not at a point where I’m struggling to manage the pain and need to lower it more. I’m hoping cannabis oil will change my life, sounds like I’m putting all my eggs in one basket but to be honest I’ve tried everything and this is my last roll of the dice. 

what cannabis can do is lower your need for opiates mate, i dont take any pain tablets now, but my accident was decades ago now lol  im getting old it so they tell me 

not just oil though dude, smoke up too, make cakes etc 

slowly slowly first though to see how you get on.. :yep:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, twigs said:

what cannabis can do is lower your need for opiates mate, i dont take any pain tablets now, but my accident was decades ago now lol  im getting old it so they tell me 

not just oil though dude, smoke up too, make cakes etc 

slowly slowly first though to see how you get on.. :yep:

Ok mate il take it slowly. 

Cakes? That may be a good idea. 

I won’t smoke it tho, I cycle a lot as it helps my back pain more so than the morphine, And smoking would only hamper my fitness. 

I pray to god it will help lower the need for this shit mate. The head you get from being on morphine 24/7 for years isn’t nice, your head feels like it’s constantly compressed and just shit really I know it may sound great but after so long it’s not. 

michael phelps smokes weed and he’s the most decorated olympian in history..

the fastest man on earth after winning said he’s secret was eating chicken and smoking ganja every day..

i think you’ll be alright :stoned: 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, twigs said:

michael phelps smokes weed and he’s the most decorated olympian in history..

the fastest man on earth after winning said he’s secret was eating chicken and smoking ganja every day..

i think you’ll be alright :stoned: 

Serious he smokes it? Would that be pure or with tabacco? 

The man isn’t normal to be fair, he’s a freak!! One of the greatest examples of a human being.

As for the chicken? I’m vegan so there’s more chance of me smoking than eating that lol. 

Again sorry for the delay in reply I don’t get notifications when someone replies. I guess that’s why people quote or tag is it? So people do get notified? 

Im also new to this site so also learning this Aswell as everything cannabis 

On 23/03/2019 at 9:54 PM, Jammo85 said:

Would that be pure or with tabacco

If you don't currently smoke tobacco...don't start?  Highly unlikely a successful athlete gets by with an addiction  it would cost them their health.

There's a world of difference from someone who smokes weed with tobacco to someone who just smokes weed - they are catering for two completely different needs.

If you really don't like the idea of smoking, get yourself a decent vape.  Advise lookup something like the vapexale if within budget.  If this is something you'd like the idea of but it's out of budget pst up, there are cheaper options.  Do allocate at least around £200 tho - good vapes aint cheap / vice versa.  Weed is much healthier and nicer when vaped, you get to taste the terpines so much clearer, and you get more out of it.

In terms of cooking, I can point you at a recipe for cannabutter on here if that'd help - I love making cookies now (thanks @Smokebelch:)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You can use trim for oil (or eating, or even smoking if you're desperate and smoke enough of it), it's got the same chemicals as the bud, just less. I don't make oil, don't know how, but I use trim for eating. I either make cannabutter or stick it in a roasting bag in the oven at 100-120c for a couple of hours (to decarboxylate it) and then sprinkle it in yoghurt or hot chocolate or summat :)

Edited by Boojum
2 people like this

@unity

hi mate, I’m not looking to start smoking that’s for sure I’ve been off smoking now 7/8 years after smoking for over 15 years (I’m 33 now)

my friend also tells me vaping it is the way for me, I’m still worried it will effect my lungs during cycling I know what he said about the fastest man on earth but I struggle on the hills as it is. 

Yes please mate i think that be a good shout, cooking and oil seems my best bet? What you think

39 minutes ago, Boojum said:

You can use trim for oil (or eating, or even smoking if you're desperate and smoke enough of it), it's got the same chemicals as the bud, just less. I don't make oil, don't know how, but I use trim for eating. I either make cannabutter or stick it in a roasting bag in the oven at 100-120c for a couple of hours (to decarboxylate it) and then sprinkle it in yoghurt or hot chocolate or summat :)

You do This for pain relief mate? 

If so do you find it helps? 

So I can use all of the plant not just the buds? Just the rest of the plant contains a lot less is it mate?