Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokey J

Please Help plants too close to lights?

Hi guys,

Second posts today sorry but having a bit of a panic!! my grown room has low ceiling height from floor to the light is about 102cm, I'm running a skyline 600 led light (300 true watt). Im worried that from the top of the pot to the light is around 75-80cm so once the plants are in and grown then might get too close to the light? 

whats the closets a plant should get to an led light when budding?

I cant really do much apart from trying to find some shorter wider pots for the plants top reduce height and LST them plants from the get go to try and reduce the height and make them wide and bushy.

does this sound like it could work? if not I might have to rethink and see if I can possible gain a bit more height which will be a massive pain.

thanks 

Maybe a scrog net might keep the height down. A lot of leds advise 18” (45cm) during flower which gives you about 30cm to play with, not a lot of headroom but will probably be enough with care. Is your light dimmable? Reducing the output could be an option if you get light stress.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Timbuds373 said:

Maybe a scrog net might keep the height down. A lot of leds advise 18” (45cm) during flower which gives you about 30cm to play with, not a lot of headroom but will probably be enough with care. Is your light dimmable? Reducing the output could be an option if you get light stress.

Thanks man, just had a quick research and the supplier of my led says 12" while flowering should be ok which gives me and extra 15cm fingers crossed its ok, if not ill get the shovel out and drop the floor by 20cm :thumbdown:

1 person likes this