Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diddy

Quantum alibaba knockoffs

So I got myself a knockoff from alibaba and the light itself seems pretty dam bright and it comes with dimmer ect so all seems good for price. This is what I got QB288*4-LM301B: $310.0usd/set

Wont put up links nor anything else as respecting our resident LED sponsor and also acknowledging that the sponsors products are most probably far superior in build quality and are deffo genuine Samsung chips....As for mine who knows lol.

So onto my question I have literally just popped 4 seeds which have all sprouted (yay) and i have now set up this new light - What approach do you guys take with regards very young seedlings under such light.....Do you raise the light higher than say 30" do you dim? Or a combination of both? 

This grow WILL end in failure imho lol Due to the fact that there are two 1st's happening here - 1st led grow using these boards - 1st time in Coco and my learning that at the same time lol...I can see me mistaking hunger for bleaching or vice versa lol....As you can tell im a super confident kind of guy lol.

1 person likes this

All depends on what driver your using and its lowest power so without them details no one here can really say, so give the seller an email and ask.

Toke.

Hang it at 2ft+and dim it.

Knockoffs will grow weed just the same as the real ones. Build quality, warranty and efficiency is the only things you loose.

At Least you went direct to source and didn't pay one of the UK resellers 100% markup :yep:

1 person likes this

Thanks guy's for the replies. I nearly didn't post as I hadn't used the site sponsor and with him actually bringing about a bit of liveliness to the place and now gone and answered my question too now I feel even more embarrassed lol. I think the DIY LED / HLG knockoffs on alibaba are indeed inferior - But the "kit" is pretty standard. 

Just for the record the kit is

QB288 Board, 4pcs;
Heatsink size: 634*195*10mm, 2pcs;
Driver: HLG-480H-48B;
Potentiometer: 1pcs;
Plug wire+Wago blocks+Hanging Rope+Screws: 1sets;

Wiring is in parallel. Like I say a "gamble" but due to me having cash and DIY led not having stock and then the reverse DIY having the stock and me not having the cash I eventually gave in one evening after a few....and here we are. That said I will support DIY for the far reds if/when he gets them in.

Posted (edited)

I really don't mind when people go to alibaba, My gears pricey and out of stock most the time, you get what you pay for on there. Its the re-sellers that charge double that wind me up lol 

Get a plug in watt meter if you don't already have one as that driver will go down to around 40w. Id start it at around 200w then increase if you need the heat.

Edited by diyleduk
1 person likes this