Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2bad.

Stability by cloning ?

Morning canna(5 fam :skin_up:I have a problem :wallbash:...I picked 2 females from my Animal mints bx (regs)..I took a few clones and flipped the seed plants but 1of them started to hermi on me :thumbdown:.theyve had not ideal conditions where there are but as they were regs I thought they’d be a bit more hardy..like a dick I’ve got my clones all mixed up and don’t really have the space for a reveg so I’ll need to run all of these clones again to find which ones come from the stable plant 

Now..Ive read a few times that the clones from a seed plant are generally more stable?...is this true?.has anyone experienced or heard this ?

sounds like you have performed a stress test and that plant failed. Female seeds in the way they are made are more likely to throw out balls but regulars are still well up for it if stressed or in late late flower, think its a desperate attempt to make seeds.

atb

2 people like this

recently been growing and cloning a Buddha Tahoe OG. I've never seen so many hermies that initially showed male traits. 

all my mothers and clones go through a lot of stress because I am limited to space and really try to maximise numbers. many get root bound quickly and some

dry out but all the ones that stay strong, stick around. 

You might find running the clones a second time under better conditions, that the herm doesn't occur. Maybe it's very sensitive. I got given a breeders cut of an OG cross last year, so happy I got the cut until it was throwing bollocks at week 3. Baffled me to think this was the breeders keeper cut and it was so sensitive, in a room with tried and tested plants. I killed the cut after that. maybe I should have ran it again. but time and risk with chance to get the same outcome, there's too many stable plants I'd rather grow. 

2 people like this

22 hours ago, golf.007 said:

sounds like you have performed a stress test and that plant failed. Female seeds in the way they are made are more likely to throw out balls but regulars are still well up for it if stressed or in late late flower, think its a desperate attempt to make seeds.

atb

Aye..I’d agree there :yes: ..ill be a lot more careful second run ..it got a bit hot a few times as my light cans on and heater went off ..plus maybe a bit over fed .

21 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

all my mothers and clones go through a lot of stress because I am limited to space and really try to maximise numbers. many get root bound quickly and some

dry out but all the ones that stay strong, stick around. 

Lol...yeah same here mate ....I’ve gone from a lovely room,to a tent in the garage and now in a lift and fuck me temps swing up there ...worse than the garage :wallbash:

I heard you can take a growing tip put it into a glass of water and into your flowering tent and it should show sex.

Thats Depending on the size of your clones now though.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, decentcriminal said:

I heard you can take a growing tip put it into a glass of water and into your flowering tent and it should show sex.

ewe heard wrong........ :skin_up:

19 hours ago, decentcriminal said:

I’ve heard that as well mate ..tried it before but didn’t work for me.These are all clones from 2 females tho ..it’s just one of the plants I cloned got stressed early flower and hermed on the lower branches.

On 3/15/2019 at 6:49 AM, 2bad. said:

Aye..I’d agree there :yes: ..ill be a lot more careful second run ..it got a bit hot a few times as my light cans on and heater went off ..plus maybe a bit over fed .

Lol...yeah same here mate ....I’ve gone from a lovely room,to a tent in the garage and now in a lift and fuck me temps swing up there ...worse than the garage :wallbash:

Only me that is curious about the "lift" part? Please have a grow on.. in a lift!! *I doubt it, but please say it's true*

And as I type this, it's just dawned on me, loft?

If not a typo and it is a lift, have you tried bringing it down a floor or six ? :P  

1 person likes this

@GreenPirate mate..if it was the only place I could get a grow on then I would :yes: 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, 2bad. said:

@GreenPirate mate..if it was the only place I could get a grow on then I would :yes: 

:yep: I put cuttings in the missus slow cooker the other night, she did not look happy when she woke up. I could not find a prop lid at 04:00 in the morning, looked about, I see the slow cooker and in they went!

I worked it out the minute I started to question it but you would have made my year if you came back with pics of a grow on, in a tower block lift! lol

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, GreenPirate said:

:yep: I put cuttings in the missus slow cooker the other night, she did not look happy when she woke up. I could not find a prop lid at 04:00 in the morning, looked about, I see the slow cooker and in they went!

Haha..heated prop mate..makes perfect sense :wassnnme: