Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Redking85

Pineapple express auto fem Neewb Grow diary

large.IMG_20190312_113303.jpglarge.IMG_20190312_113322.jpgAfter so many failed attempts I need to get it Right this time. I will be successful I have to be, with all your help and advice that is.. so I seem to have successfully started the first stage, my plant has popped up through the 10Ltr Coco coir potting compost, the seed had been soaking in a glass of water for around 15hours when I noticed the root had started to sprout, so I prepared the Coco soil then put the seed in root first. I haven't added any nutes to the soil as I wasn't sure I should, or what kind If I have to. I have a 600watt led that I'm not using just now as my last seedling died and I was told that bulb would of been way too strong for it to handle. So I'm using a 60watt .CFL bulb which is the only other one I have at present..

So what do I do now as I have become very obsessed with making sure this plant survives I am checking on it every hour incase it catches fire or something :)

1 person likes this

Ive a fast buds pineapple express in coco myself, so wish you good luck!

What breeder is your P.E? as there seems to be a few that do it. :)

Posted (edited)

I bought them off barneys farm got a free girl scout cookies which I accidentally killed by letting the taproot dry out, I was not amused with that..such a silly mistake so this is my last seed so fingers crossed. 

Have you added any nutes to yours? As I've read different things, some say to add nutes at the start and some say to wait a few weeks, so abit confusing

Edited by Redking85

In coco I feed 0.8 EC right from the very start, what make of coco are you using and what nutrients do you have? 

I don't have any nutes at the moment not sure what to get..

I bought the Coco coir potting in brick form, and added 4ltrs of water to make up 50ltr that's all I've added,

After googling it just now I'm wondering if I should of mixed it with something...

ou will need nutrients, the coco doesn't have any feed for the plant, its inert. 

I would go with ionic grow for veg, its an easy one part nutrient which works, and works well.

Also get an ec pen and ph meter too, you will be .wasting your time without them

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm not a coco grower but you're gonna desperately need nutes ASAP. Basically everything badbillybob said.

Also, you might run into watering and root related problems by planting straight into a large pot like you have.

And Barney's Farm....not sure if you're aware of their reputation mate, have you had much experience of them in the past? 

I've not had any good experiences with them in the past but never done their PE auto (I've only done Fastbud's PE auto and BF Pineapple Chunk) but fingers crossed you'll get something good.

It would be good to know a bit more about this LED you've got as well?

:smokin:

Good luck and atb 

Edited by SevernValleySavant

Thanks for the advice, I do have a pH meter it's digital are they reliable? 

In regards to barneys farm a few of my seeds have never sprouted I just put that down to bad luck or I was doing something wrong, what's the story with them.. 

In regards to the led, I got off eBay so have just copied and pasted what was there, it's actually a 400 watt...

LEDs are NUMEROUS, IE. 244 ON BOARD MICRO full spectrum DOUBLE CHIPS SQUARE C.O.B MODULE  FOR FAST VEGITATION AND FLOWER ASSEMBLAGE...  MAX COVERAGE OF PLANTS. 

Right I have performed an emergency operation, I have re-potted the plant and have put about 20% Coco coir and mixed it with Hortons multi purpose compost, then carefully put the plant back in, just as well I had put it in one of those cardboard cartons first, so hopefully the soil will now have enough nutrients.. I do have tomato feed is this any use? I'm going to order a new seed what site is most trusted.

for some strange reason ,  and i dont for the life of me know why .....  allways  found pineapple express  and  strawberry amnesia  to sound delicious ... tho ive never ever tried any of it yet .... weird ahhh ?   i WILL   be doing  one or the other in the future just to satisfy my curiosity

Yeah it should be fine, although you might want to calibrate it if you can, just to be on the safe side.

As for Barney's, I'm not the best one to say on the whole. I think they do have some good strains and I know people have had some great plants from them, but there's plenty for you to read on this site about people's own experiences with them.

As for my own negative experiences, iirc I've tried a total of 4 seeds. All different strains but only one of each. I think two were duds and the other two didn't even really flower. Just stopped doing much and wasted my space and time.

I don't really know a huge amount about LED's as I've only just bought one myself, but yours sound good. I've only heard good things about COB's. Will this (all being well) be your first proper grow with them?