Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Closet_Master

1200w Closet Madness

62 posts in this topic
Just now, monkeypig said:

 

Hee hee , he said penetration:).   

 

Not trying to start an LED vs HID shitstorm on your diary (I'm well aware of the massive improvement of modern LEDs - thanks @diyleduk for all the data you've been sharing with us)  but I was of the (perhaps mistaken) belief that penetration (stop giggling) was one of the drawbacks of LEDs, or was that the old ones?

Nothing like some good penetration in the morning ;)

 

From What ive seen on thr powerful LED systems. Especially the cobs apparently they can hit deeper than the HIDs ive noticed the strip leds are longer in length so possibly the light on those are better in coverage over depth. Suppose it migjt be like T5s vs CFL. 300w of CFL would hit deeper rather than the overall coverage of the T5s.. 4 foot of t5 would deliver lumens over 4 foot. More coverage less (wait fot it) penetration... where as the CFl is 12 inch long and could hit deeper into the canopy.. (damn im feeling dirty now lol).. 

 

Be good to get definitive comments on the matter.. im happy for debate on here.. ive got the growing bit sorted so not much to really talk about so going onto the more advance questions could bump the diary in the right direction.. 

 

Thoughts anyone? CM. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I do understand the importance of penetrating the bush;). I'm sure our resident LED specialist will no doubt turn up with the relevant science as always. 

If this is proven then it will obviously be a massive game changer in the traction that LEDs are getting in this hobby. The pricing is realistically only about half as much again as a CMH system watt for watt if I'm not mistaken and falling ll the time. I've been tempted for ages to swap the veg tent for some dial a duck offerings, and that day may well be coming sooner than I thought.

 

Plants looking very happy BTW

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Ive already answered the penetration myth ,many times. And losses from HID systems. :yep:

 

No more talk from me about it, ive got a thread planned.

 

 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Well, I do understand the importance of penetrating the bush;). I'm sure our resident LED specialist will no doubt turn up with the relevant science as always. 

If this is proven then it will obviously be a massive game changer in the traction that LEDs are getting in this hobby. The pricing is realistically only about half as much again as a CMH system watt for watt if I'm not mistaken and falling ll the time. I've been tempted for ages to swap the veg tent for some dial a duck offerings, and that day may well be coming sooner than I thought.

 

Plants looking very happy BTW

Its just a matter of time before the dinosaur tech ends up extinct. Ive hurd and seen wonders with LEDs in VEG but flower can be a touchy area. Ive just seen DIYs post so hoping the thread hes thinking of will answer all... :)

 

Yeah Theyve bounced back already from yesterdays training session. Already been tucking them down..... thanks for kind words pal. CM

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Closet_Master said:

 changed everything in my set up and it simply didnt work.. id be devistated..

 

Took me a while to dive in mate, waiting to see what happens is the worst part, just been and de-fol mine, fecking fan leaves the size of clown shoes, massive!!

 

They're in the freezer ready for the next canna-smoothie...:eat:

 

;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Closet_Master said:

hoping the thread hes thinking of will answer all... :)

 

Will be interesting for sure. Now forget your time off, @diyleduk , stop teasing us and educate:). The science I find so much more helpful than peoples opinions.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

Ive already answered the penetration myth ,many times. And losses from HID systems. :yep:

 

No more talk from me about it, ive got a thread planned.

 

 

Thanks for stopping by. I imagine it can get abit tiresome answering the same set of questions over and over again.. i have a fully open mind when it comes to the new tech on the market and should the thread you design answer the questions i have there is now doubt in saying I will swap 1200w of HID for 1200w of your LEDs. Just have to have the final itches scratched, as we all know.. itches love scratches. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, stu914 said:

 

Took me a while to dive in mate, waiting to see what happens is the worst part, just been and de-fol mine, fecking fan leaves the size of clown shoes, massive!!

 

They're in the freezer ready for the next canna-smoothie...:eat:

 

;)

 

That day will come and hoping sooner than later.. especially with summer looming... and haha yeah.. i know the feeling... at the minute as soon as training day comes the medium sized ones just get tugged and then by the next training session the baby ones are now medium.. never ending game of cat and mouse... roll on week 4 of flower when the fuckers stop growing as fast. Lol.. n canna smoothie sounds pretty nice.. you run organics? 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, Closet_Master said:

you run organics? 

 

I'm in dwc using sensi nutes, so in a word 'no'...:rofl: I should, but space is severely limited atm and i've always grown hydro, not keen on other systems esp soil/coco.

 

My mrs has MS so I'm trying to help by growing balanced cbd/thc beans from Dinafem...

 

The raw leaves are beneficial and best consumed in smoothies which is a new thing for us,

 

diet plays a huge part in her well-being so the smoothies are packed with all the good stuff...fruit veg nuts etc...and good old canna...

 

It's still early days and I'm feeling my way, once these plants are down I'll be making oil and hopefully this will help her even more...:yep:

Edited by stu914
tidy up
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, stu914 said:

 

I'm in dwc using sensi nutes, so in a word 'no'...:rofl: I should, but space is severely limited atm and i've always grown hydro, not keen on other systems esp soil/coco.

 

My mrs has MS so I'm trying to help by growing balanced cbd/thc beans from Dinafem...

 

The raw leaves are beneficial and best consumed in smoothies which is a new thing for us, diet plays a huge part in her well-being so the smoothies are packed with all the good stuff...

 

fruit veg nuts etc...and good old canna... It's still early days and I'm feeling my way, once these plants are down I'll be making oil and hopefully this will help her even more...:yep:

Thats a really nice thing your doing for your partner mate. Without locking into a monumental debate this is one of the many reasons they should just fucking legalise marijuana... it does have so many benefits.. a another memeber on here wants to ditch morphine for oil... whats your plan for extraction... butane. Isopropyl or press? Friend of mine has a heated aluminium 20 ton pres he made up.. looks the part.. works great. 

 

Id love to go back to hydro over coco.. might even go back to the alien RDWC one day.. use to use the big numbered rdwc systems loved it, brillant results but now i prefure just having that wiggle room if i make a mistake especially after one time a power cut wiped out a crop on a NFT table.. im getting close to hydro results with the coco at the mo as it is so not too bad.. 

 

Fair play for what you do for your partner.. respect to you sir. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Closet_Master said:

whats your plan for extraction..

 

I'll be using acetone (outside in gale force winds - I know the dangers)...atm I'm here with all the gear and no idea..:rofl:

 

First time out with extractions for me as I've never had the need or inkling to bother before, even after more years growing than I can count...:unsure:

 

Plenty of knowledgeable folk on here to give me some guidance and I'll be following Jeff Ditchfields methods...

 

Fingers crossed in a few weeks once the plants are ready, we'll find out...

 

House move is imminent for us and I hope to have a much larger space to grow in which should give us all the medicine we need...fun times ahead...

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, stu914 said:

 

I'll be using acetone (outside in gale force winds - I know the dangers)...atm I'm here with all the gear and no idea..:rofl:

 

First time out with extractions for me as I've never had the need or inkling to bother before, even after more years growing than I can count...:unsure:

 

Plenty of knowledgeable folk on here to give me some guidance and I'll be following Jeff Ditchfields methods...

 

Fingers crossed in a few weeks once the plants are ready, we'll find out...

 

House move is imminent for us and I hope to have a much larger space to grow in which should give us all the medicine we need...fun times ahead...

 

When i was younger used to experiment with oils.. usee to use old pvc pipes filled with trim and pump butane through it then let it stand for a while for the gas to evaporate... worked alrite but oil wasnt the hype back then.. hash and soap was... back in the day when youd find lego men in the fish bars haha had a collection of hash men lol. Depends on your method of ingesting the oil too. Smoke or edibles.... not hurd of the jeff method il have a read.. and ive done the opposite swapped a whole bedroom for the closet after we all moved in here from parrners old house.. all the best for your future adventurers and fingers crossed your partners health stays well. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Closet_Master said:

jeff method il have a read.

 

Not around much but he's a member on here " Danzig " I'm not revealing his id btw he's pretty well known...he's made several really good vids as well...

 

silly sod has made a career out of being nicked for helping sick people, ffs mate you couldn't make it up...:wallbash:

 

Thanks for you kind wishes bud...:yep:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

FRIDAY UPDATE.. 

 

Been a manic week here at the zoo... family/work issues by the bucket full... nothing serious but other than being able to feed the girls I wasnt able to do a mid week training session... ive now decided to run a 10 day side by side comparison grow test between heavy defol and pretty much basic defol.. The plants had near enough filled the screens at this point a few of them abit behind the rest but nothing major. 

 

So..... 

 

I've took 4 of the 8 and pretty much stripped them bare and removed all other ways for them to make new lower shoots the only way they can go now is up..

 

The other 4 of the 8 i havnt done anything other than an up skirt tidy up.. 

 

Plan now is to just give them 10 days of vertical growth to build up some future colas. After the 10 days both sides will be stripped back and il put them into flower. 

 

Its hard to look at the naked side and wonder how they will even make a decent yeild but i know from the past they do. 

 

Reason behind what im doing is yeild vs quailty vs trim time. If the naked side makes nicer buds and they reduce trim time id take that over lots of pop corn and hours extra in the trim session.. 

 

Time will tell.. I'll update again now in 10 days.  Now for the pics. 

 

First three pics of the untouched side.. 

large.rps20190322_112929.jpglarge.rps20190322_113106.jpglarge.rps20190322_113354.jpg

 

Next 3 pics heavy defol and lower shoot removal side. 

large.rps20190322_113152.jpglarge.rps20190322_113332.jpglarge.rps20190322_113305.jpg

 

Take it easy CM

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Coming along nicely now, they should start building tighter nodes at this stage I would imagine. Going to be a fun packed jungle soon.

Toke...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now