Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jammo85

Are my plants sick?

155 posts in this topic

Are my plants sick? 

They are 3-4 weeks old

I grow lots of Normal vegetables and this is my first time growing Cannabis

if my normal vegetables were looking slightly yellow I’d be concerned....

am i right to be concerned?

im currently growing seeds from barneys “CBD blue shark” 

i have a tent that’s in a shed. (120inx120 by 6ft)

The light is a dual spectrum HPS 600w but is currently on 400w. 

The lights were 14in above plants I’ve literally just raised the lights to 17in.

i feed 3 times a week. 

Got fresh air coming in. 

Warm air being extracted

temps are 20-23c during 18 hours of light. 

Temps are 17-19c during dark.

feed with FormuleX  

large.52FD7C55-8D6B-4529-8F5E-0754645EB8B7.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'd say they look hungry at first glance but another thing that can make plants look like that is saturated medium. How damp is that coco? Have you saturated the whole pot? How did they look when you first put them in?

Edited by bearukc
1 person likes this

Too cold I'd turn off the intake fan if it's coming from outside and raise them pots off the floor and try and get those temps up 

6 people like this

When I water I don’t normally soak the whole pot,today I did give a big water as was afraid I was doing something wrong. 

They are usually drish by next day and not wet on the Bottom by the following day when I water. 

They are raised up on a wooden pallet. 

Ive used coco and compost mix. 

When I put them in these bigger pots I think I put them in too early, but they were green although it was just the first two leaves there then. 

1 person likes this

Both my temps are too cold? 

The intake is a vent to outside and the air coming in is cold. I tried restricting the air in and out last night as I was worried about the temps and that’s raised both lights on and off temps by 1/2 degrees 

not enough tho? 

What about the lack of fresh air in there if I close air in? 

1 person likes this

Maybe this is a better look for you guys? 

Thanks for taking time to anwser my post Aswell !!! large.87F6614E-85C7-4181-BA03-8E92F837E5E6.jpeg

1 person likes this

Nightmare growing in a shed this time of year, in fact any time of the year really...if it was me I wouldn't even worry about fans and try and get the temperature up in the tent, there won't be much smell coming off those plants yet and they are clearly not happy, turn the fans down/off and get the temps and humidity up

4 people like this

I grow in the shed and cold roots cause all these problems, easy fix for you...

Put tube heaters under the pallets, hook up to a thermostat which has a probe to go in one of the pots, set temps to 20c...( "rootit" make one)

Alternatively an electric blanket under the pots, insulating the tent will also help, my growbox is an adapted fridge/freezer, perfectly insulated for summer and winter...

Good Luck

:oldtoker:

6 people like this

What they said... 17c is low enough to stop feeding.

Good luck!

:v:

3 people like this

Just now, Slugums said:

What they said... 17c is low enough to stop feeding.

Good luck!

:v:

Maybe this info should be pinned somewhere, seems to come up a hell of a lot...year after year after...:yawn:...:sleep1:

3 people like this

17 is not the end of the world but is a little cold. Get a bit of ducting and get your intake to make the air go upwards towards the light

Also make your mind up and use either one or the other is my advice. Compost and coco need specific nutrients. I'd also stop feeding formulex and feed your base nutrient and wet the pot fully

Also unless auto$ pot up in stages

Owd 

6 people like this

Thank you all for your help

ive blocked the in take vent which brings cold air from outside.

ive turned the fan off that’s been blowing on them 24/7... raised the light a little and made sure plants weren’t too hot as now not getting cooled.

also turned the extractor fan off for now.

ive got a tube heater might be a bit too big but il see how tonight goes temp wise. Humidity has been between 60-70 

if this was one of my vegetables I’d say she’s not getting enough nitrogen as well as being too cold.

but like one of you said being too cold can stop plant feeding so that adds up.

i don’t actually smoke I’m growing these to make my own CBD oil as the stuff in shops I’ve tried has done nothing for my back pain. I currently use morphine daily and that’s something I’m trying to stop. These plants are my last hope to be honest 

3 people like this

Stop using formulaX and get a base fertiliser. Ok will do but do you mind me asking why? 

Any info is greatly appreciated 

you up think I should transplant into a new pot with just one, compost or coco or is it too late now and you meant for next grow? 

im new to this world not growing weed but weed in general so don’t know anything about the plants all I’ve done is research and read as much as I can every night. 

2 people like this

Welcome as a beginner you would of been better suited to a soil grow as they can be more forgiving. A coco grow isn’t necessarily that hard it just requires more effort and care which in turn yields more. For example you need to keep ph and ec within the correct perimeters or the plant literally cannot uptake certain nutrients. You must also be vigilant to keep the coco moist as wet dry cycle with coco is detrimental to optimal yields and quality. 

3 people like this

Could I change now or would it Be too risky ?