Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bubbleguppie

CFL or LED advice wanted please

Ok so a friend of mine gave me his spare side light happend to be a 400 wt cfl dual spec. Currently in my small cab size in tag the temps are stable a little on the low side at 22 but thats with no extraction as of yet.  SO there i was thinking sweet ive got the lamp got the tent even got my old 4 inch rvk fan and filter.  But then it dawned on me.  Am I going to need lamp say 450 cfl (red ) to flower or can I get away with the dual spec ?? Or should i just sack off the cfl completely and get a cheap 300 led unit of the bay ???  i plan on only doing 2 plants 1 a whitey freeze auto  by rgsc, and either a auto night queen dutch passion or a auto uk cheese (dinafem)  Any advice re on the lamps  be cool  budget of about £50.00 max as i say ive got everything but the choice on a secondary lamp (if i need one ) is throwing me out re led vs cfl id iamgen i can get better bud production from the led but i maybe wrong thanks for any advice

1 hour ago, bubbleguppie said:

Am I going to need lamp say 450 cfl (red ) to flower or can I get away with the dual spec ?? Or should i just sack off the cfl completely and get a cheap 300 led unit of the bay ?

Personally I'd spend a little bit more and get a decent light. Buy cheap buy twice and all that. How much are you going to spend on weed while you wait to get a crop? Maybe go without for 3 months or so and spend that money on a decent light. I certainly wouldn't try to flower with a cfl and a cheap led will be shit.

1 person likes this