Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

delagdo

Sweet Autos: Mohan Ram, Blow Mind, Crystal Candy and Killer Kush

111 posts in this topic

Cheers @Serpent :cheers: I appreciate your watch and your words

Thank you @Woodie2010 there are many that appeal to me in their lineup still to go - like the new Gelato Auto you are doing, now that sounds tasty . I am looking forward to seeing what you think of it -good luck with the flowering!

Thank you @Sweet Seeds Apolo - it does help having such beautiful models to inspire me and pose for me!

@jadenugs you are very kind to say. I do feel I've learnt a lot from this site, not just about the plants, but so much about photography too. It's time-consuming and frustrating, but I am also finding it so very satisfying too when things do work. I guess it's just like growing in that way. Plus I really feel I am learning some great transferable skills with this secret hobby. I'm helping my wife out in the real garden and it's looking better than ever with fruit, vegetables, flowers and other plants thriving. With a young family, I love using the camera away from the tent as a hobby and also for keeping memories. It's funny how these good things have come from this illegal, demonized thing we do. Like Bill Hick said though, you won't see that story on the news tonight.

Sorry I am rambling a bit, I have been enjoying a bit (a lot) of my Cream Mandarine XL Auto from my previous grow this bank holiday weekend :bong:  I am supposed to be writing an update, speaking of photography...

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Day 57 to Day 59

I have been excited since I won Grower of the Month for March. I got even more excited this week, when I spent the prizemoney at the local electronics exchange shop on an Olympus 60mm macro lens. I have coveted this lens since I started researching interchangable lens cameras, but it's £450 new, and £365 from the reputable online secondhand dealer. The shop had it for a crazy price of £210 in great condition, and the GotM prize is an almost equally crazy €250. I don't believe in fate but at that moment my mind went :yinyang:

Here's a shot of the Blow Mind Auto I took with it on day 58 when I first tried the lens:

large.5cce0e32661b1_d58bm.jpg

I have also been really excited in the past couple of days since I looked at the Blow Mind Auto with my loupe. The trichomes are densely packed with large heads, it really looks like it has the capacity to live up to its name:

large.5cce0e342e62e_d58bmtrichomes1.jpg

large.5cce0e35a7632_d58bmtrichomes2.jpg

large.5cce0e37118ed_d58bmtrichomes3.jpg

large.5cce0e3858b9f_d58bmtrichomes4.jpg

Edited by delagdo
6 people like this

Day 57 to Day 59 (contd)

More pictures - here's the Killer Kush Auto on day 58:
large.5cce1522bd3e6_d58kk.jpg

Many tops are virtually ripe but there's still some which could fill out at the bottom.

The top of the older Mohan Ram Auto (supercropped, not trained) is huge, and still growing (day 58):
large.5cce15263ece3_d58mr.jpg

Here's some pictures of her taller, skinnier multi-headed sister, the younger Mohan Ram Auto today:
large.5cce152b242a4_d59mr21.jpg

large.5cce152e23a41_d59mr22.jpg

Today is day 59:
large.5cce152955f70_d59groupshot.jpg

Top: Mohan Ram Auto, Blow Mind Auto, Mohan Ram Auto (younger)
Bottom: Crystal Candy Auto, Killer Kush Auto, Crystal Candy Auto (younger)

Temperature and humidity have remained in the same area recently, 22°C - 28°C, mostly 50-65% but sometimes outside that range a little. I cut back the food ever so slightly on day 58 to EC 0.9, still the 3-2-1 ratio which is 0.75ml/l Bloom, 0.5ml/l Micro and 0.25ml/l Gro. The plants seem happier to be back with the Gro included, even though it's only a small amount. I find it interesting the Gro is 3-1-6, i.e. it has more K in than N, actually it's the Micro that gives a lot of the N. Lucas formula might work well sometimes and lots of people have success with it, and dropping Gro at the end was suggested on the DTW coco schedule on GH's own website, but it seems these queens have got used to a three course meal every feed :king:

5 people like this

Nice one on the lens @delagdo I guess the stars were aligned that day :) some cracking photos as well and good to see the trichs turning amber  :yep:

2 people like this

Good to see you put your prize money to good use mate, sounds like a great deal you got with the lens, nice one :yep:

That's one dense carpet of sticky trichomes you have on the Blow mind auto ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks @Serpent! Thanks @jadenugs!

2 people like this

Day 60 and Day 61

Things carried on for a couple of days without much change, just gradually getting riper. Here's what I saw when I opened the tent on day 61:

large.5cd48ac5e5eeb_d61groupshot.jpg

I got the Killer Kush Auto to model for me while I tried some budshots with my new lens:
large.5cd48b642c86b_d61kkbud2.jpg

large.5cd48acadc52c_d61kkbud.jpg

I had a look at the trichomes, plenty of amber at the top now:large.5cd48acd0310f_d61kktrichomes1.jpg

large.5cd48ac33e88d_d61kktrichomes2.jpg

6 people like this

Day 61 (contd)

I enjoyed looking at the Killer Kush Auto trichomes with the camera, so I carried on surveying them for a while:

large.5cd48c6daed07_d61kktrichomes3.jpg

large.5cd48c702aa6a_d61kktrichomes4.jpg

large.5cd48ce97930f_d61kktrichomes5.jpg

large.5cd48c721f547_d61kktrichomes6.jpg

large.5cd48c6bb55a3_d61kktrichomes7.jpg

5 people like this

Day 62 to Day 64

On day 63 I took a shot of each plant to celebrate reaching 9 weeks since the first seeds sprouted. Let's start with the Killer Kush Auto:
large.5cd49806f3e34_d63kk.jpg

This plant is ready now I would say. I plan to harvest it on Sunday (day 67). I have started to flush it a little by giving it half-strength nutrients from Day 64.

Bonus pic from an angle I spotted when I was rearranging the plants, and I couldn't resist taking this:
large.5cd49803b9303_d63kktrichomes.jpg

In contrast, the least developed, the Blow Mind Auto:
large.5cd497f6705a7_d63bm.jpg

I can give it a further 14 days maximum from this point, which I am sure will be enough to give a good result.

Here's the older Mohan Ram Auto:
large.5cd498094a6ca_d63mr.jpg

There's quite a bit of fresh growth on it but I think it's nearly there, maybe a week more to get into my ideal harvest window?

The younger Mohan Ram Auto was started six days after the older one, and it looks like it is maturing at just the same rate:
large.5cd4980ccda44_d63mr2.jpg

Therefore I'd guess it will be about perfect by my final deadline of day 77, which would be equivalent to day 71, or slightly before.

This is my day 63 picture of the older Crystal Candy Auto:
large.5cd497fb55c96_d63cc.jpg

It's not as far ahead as the older Mohan Ram Auto, more like the younger one, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything is perfectly aligned and it will become ideally ripe a week or two from now.

The younger Crystal Candy Auto is looking similar in terms of ripeness, however the buds look a bit different:
large.5cd4980060c1a_d63cc2.jpg

The buds are more leafy than the older version. You can't really tell scale from the picture, but the calyxes are very large. I would say it is probably a week off being ripe, perhaps slightly longer.

Here's the tent today, day 64:
large.5cd49811eb4e5_d64groupshot.jpg

:v:

7 people like this

Nice buds mate! And definitely lovely shots up there. Love the bonus one! :cheers:

1 person likes this

Looking budtastic @delagdo and judging from the awesome photos you're enjoying your new lens :)

1 person likes this

Looking grand mate, and very nice pictures :yep:

1 person likes this

@delagdo mate I have just caught up in here, what a cracking diary! Pictures and plants are both top drawer, I'm just sorry I've only just got to it. Real life gets hectic sometimes, esp with kids as I'm sure you know. Very true about the transferable skills learned, I love my veg garden almost as much as the indoor one :) anyway it's 11pm Friday evening and I've not vaped yet today, best go and remedy that. Keep up the good work :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Top auto diary, all of them look fantastic, the KK look well cooked really early, impressive !

Enjoy the cropping, can't be far off now :)

1 person likes this

Thank you very much @G_lab - that was a very satisfying moment where I spotted a picture and quickly took it, after spending ages posing things for shots that didn't work half as well.

Thanks @Serpent - I certainly am! Thank you very much @jadenugs

Thank you @Openairbud for your kind comments, I know exactly what you mean. I've been spending a lot of time upstairs with my other ladies recently but it's been my wife's birthday this week so I had to try to minimize some of it, and I've taken a lot less photos. As much as I enjoy doing this, we're both glad this one's nearly over and I can get the time back every evening. I am very lucky, she is extremely tolerant despite not indulging (only very very rarely) herself.

Thanks @Inspiration101 - it's now harvest time! :execute:

4 people like this