Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rikmac

Help

19 posts in this topic

clarge.thumbnail-6.jpeglarge.thumbnail-5.jpeglarge.thumbnail-4.jpeglarge.thumbnail-3.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Has anybody got any ideas please

Bottom leaves are turning bad....planted in John Innes No 2 potting on compost and a bit of Vermiculite...under a 600W led grow light,Planted 3 week ago

Edited by Rikmac
missing info

23 minutes ago, Rikmac said:

Has anybody got any ideas please

Bottom leaves are turning bad....planted in John Innes No 2 potting on compost and a bit of Vermiculite...under a 600W led grow light,Planted 3 week ago

Can you share a bit more information about your grow?  There are too many possibilities without it.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Can you share a bit more information about your grow?  There are too many possibilities without it.

I have grown from seed Shining silver haze, planted 3 weeks ago, temps are 28 on and 22 lights off 18/6,no feed has been given only bottled water, under a 600w vesper LED light 1Mtr above canopy

I have just found a Green shield bug in there which surprised me considering its march!!

Indoor grow in bedroom

They seemed to start changing color about a week ago.....Im sure i would have seen that bug it was quite big

Edited by Rikmac

Bugs in March indoors is strange unless they came from the compost, which is possible.  Keep an eye out for other ones.

It looks from the pictures that the healthiest plant is the smallest.  The others with saggy or yellowing leaves appear to be out growing their pots suggesting they're getting a little root bound.  Perhaps a pot up into some fresh soil is in order.

Sometimes the first set of single fingered leaves just die off naturally.  I've seen it on quite a few plants where they turned yellow and died off but didn't spread to the rest of the plant.  Also, make sure you're not over watering - a good wet dry cycle is needed.

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Rikmac said:

LED light 1Mtr above canopy

And your light seems a bit far away.  Probably best to get it closer.

Edited by JJJ

14 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Bugs in March indoors is strange unless they came from the compost, which is possible.  Keep an eye out for other ones.

It looks from the pictures that the healthiest plant is the smallest.  The others with saggy or yellowing leaves appear to be out growing their pots suggesting they're getting a little root bound.  Perhaps a pot up into some fresh soil is in order.

Sometimes the first set of single fingered leaves just die off naturally.  I've seen it on quite a few plants where they turned yellow and died off but didn't spread to the rest of the plant.  Also, make sure you're not over watering - a good wet dry cycle is needed.

It was a full size bug like the ones you see in summer....plant pots are only small so id have seen it if it were in there ...surely??

I have just started the wet/dry cycle a couple of days ago....they had already started turning before that...but i was watering them every 2 days up to that point

The smallest one "The Runt" does seem to be doing better 

Im planning to repot into verve multi compost from B & Q but without the Vermiculite tomorrow

3 minutes ago, JJJ said:

And your light seems a bit far away.  Probably best to get it closer.

I set it to what it say in the instructions as i couldn't get a definitive height.....can you give them too much light?

Just now, Rikmac said:

The smallest one "The Runt" does seem to be doing better

Which tells me the larger ones have simply used up their resources.  3 weeks is a long time in those little pots.  They need more food - best to pot them up now me thinks, perhaps not the little one yet as it looks ok.

Just now, JJJ said:

Which tells me the larger ones have simply used up their resources.  3 weeks is a long time in those little pots.  They need more food - best to pot them up now me thinks, perhaps not the little one yet as it looks ok.

Ok thanks that make sense.....they have just gone dark cycle so will do it tomorrow or is it better to repot while in dark ?

Just now, Rikmac said:

I set it to what it say in the instructions as i couldn't get a definitive height.....can you give them too much light?

Its a 600W LED but I suspect the true wattage is closer to 240-280W.  Have a look at you light specs and find the actual watts.  Unless it's actually a 600W actual power draw, you can be sure to get it a lot closer.  My LED is a 450W but only actually draws 200W from the wall.  Recommended flowering distance on mine is 18 inches to 24 inches but I have it sitting at 14 inches right now with no adverse effects.  Yes, you can get it too close but you're in no danger of that at the moment.

1 person likes this

Just now, Rikmac said:

Ok thanks that make sense.....they have just gone dark cycle so will do it tomorrow or is it better to repot while in dark ?

Wait until the morning. :skin_up:

1 person likes this

ffs water it beforeya pot it up !!!

25 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

ffs water it beforeya pot it up !!!

Would you suggest water in the morning then pot up in the afternoon? 10% run off?

1 person likes this