Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legoman

Budget light advice, build a LED or go HPS

Hello I have around £100 to spend on the best light possible. 

I was going to go with a 600w hps with digital ballast but then I came across DIY LED lights. 

Has anyone built a LED that out preforms the HPS for under £100, I have also seen driver less cobs that run off 220v but they seem far to cheap to be any good.

Thanks

Legoman.

in short, no.

hps is the best bang for your buck imho, for under a ton.

5 people like this

Flowering area is what you need to decide on first then decide on lights etc. But under £100 for led emmm.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

in short, no.

hps is the best bang for your buck imho, for under a ton.

Just now, tokenroll said:

Flowering area is what you need to decide on first then decide on lights etc. But under £100 for led emmm.

Thanks guys, I'm guessing it's best to stick to HPS. 

Reason I asked was because I've seen LED cobs that run off 220v and are like a few quid per LED, but seem far to cheap to be any good. 

Could be something to look in to for supplemental lighting.

1 person likes this

If you want led do it right the first time or you will have a room full of door jams. Plenty of led info/grow diaries and led site sponsor knows his shit...

12 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

If you want led do it right the first time or you will have a room full of door jams. Plenty of led info/grow diaries and led site sponsor knows his shit...

I will get the 600w hps then :)

It will also give me time to research what I need to build a LED that's the equivalent of the hps.

get your £100 hps for now and look at saving up after your first/second  grow has finished for a led for the third run you do m8 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

There's decent 600w HPS dimmables for under 100 quid, if you're on a budget like me it's a no brainer. Leave LEDs on the horizon for now, HPS is beginning to look obsolete but it still does the job.

Edited by Sasquatch
2 people like this