Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Miles `n Smiles

allotment
My Garden

Thought id chuck up a pic of my allotment,ive gardened on this site for about five years,first on a half plot before moving to this full plot just over a year ago.i`ll try and update this thread through the year with pics and info.large.51094040_10218583134280023_6982819741790371840_n.jpg

5 people like this

@Miles `n Smiles nice one that looks just the job mate, I presume that is two plots divided by the path ? it would be 4 plots round my way and then your face has to fit or you go backwards on the list!

What you got on the go at the moment mate ?

1 person likes this

Sweet mate.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

large.plot2.jpglarge.plot1.jpglarge.plot3.jpglarge.plot6.jpglarge.plot7.jpglarge.plot4.jpglarge.plot10.jpglarge.plot8.jpglarge.plot9.jpg

No mate.thats one plot,the previous tenant started the central path i finished it at the top and bottom end of the plot.Its smaller than it looks on the pic,,,about 32 wide x 90 odd long, the Polytunnel`s 25x8 and theres an 8x6 greenhouse on the other side of the shed.Most of the site had been under cultivation so was an easy do,the top end was a different matter,literally layer after layer of grit,crazy paving,plastic,carpet,was a fucking nightmare, by the time id cleared it id dropped the soil level by nearly 18 inches so dug a bit further and put a pond in.At the moment ive got four vars of garlic out,overwintered red and white onions,broad beans,last few weeks i started sowing in the greenhouse and at home for the summer/autumn stuff,been down today and took a few crappy pics so ill update later.

Edited by Miles `n Smiles
added pics
6 people like this

A few pics from last seasonlarge.plotlastyear1.jpglarge.plotlastyear11.jpglarge.plotlastyear2.jpglarge.plotlastyear3.jpglarge.plotlastyear4.jpglarge.plotlastyear7.jpglarge.plotlastyear6.jpglarge.plotlastyear5.jpglarge.plotlastyear10.jpglarge.plolastyear8.jpglarge.5c7ec493c625f_tom3.jpglarge_tom1.jpglarge.plotlastyear14.jpglarge.plotlastyear13.jpglarge.plotlastyear12.jpg

7 people like this

@Miles `n Smiles not a jealous type of person for material things but you have what I want mate ! love every bit of what you have there mate looking forward to seeing more photos. would love a small wood burner like that for my greenhouse !

top work mate.

3 people like this

lovely :yinyang: looks like a lot of rewarding work  

2 people like this

Very tidy and looks productive.  Envious of the wood burner in your shed and love the modded rocking chair. :thumsup:

3 people like this

On 06/03/2019 at 10:53 AM, polo71 said:

@Miles `n Smiles not a jealous type of person for material things but you have what I want mate ! love every bit of what you have there mate looking forward to seeing more photos. would love a small wood burner like that for my greenhouse !

top work mate.

Cheers mate, thanks for the kind words..found out today that i`m about 90% certain to take on the plot next to me as of January next year,basically doubling my space, in the meantime the current plot holder has said I can use as many beds as i want cos she`s giving up in january and not doing owt this year

1 person likes this

amazing  looking allotment there  and love the mancave with the stove in it too .....  today i sowed the seeds to start my herb garden .... ya know ... parsley,  basil ... fennel  etc etc 

3 people like this

@Miles `n Smiles great hord and lovely looking garden buddy if mine turns out like that this summer ill be happy man did you start the spring onion from seed or bulb dude ?

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, bubbleguppie said:

@Miles `n Smiles great hord and lovely looking garden buddy if mine turns out like that this summer ill be happy man did you start the spring onion from seed or bulb dude ?

Hiya pal,spring onions were from seed,I use 84 cell trays and multi sow a pinch..maybe 6-10 seeds to a cell,then just dibb the bunches in when planting out.Harvesting,either thin and use the biggest or wait and harvest as a full bunch,both work well.Last year I also bought a load of shallot sets that wilkos IIRC were selling off cheap and bunged them in,when the sets split i grew em on and took them as "spring onions".

1 person likes this

@Miles `n Smiles thanks dude ill be ordeirng some in the next few weeks for my elotmint at the side of the house its had a good tidy since pic and ive got a 8 ft x 12 ft green house going over the end two beds large.51588517_10161506963870416_6945185301312569344_n.jpg