Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Banjanas2019

lights
Led lights and weed quaity

Hello

I am new to growing and try to figure what light to use

I need it to be  silent du to neighbors

Reading about led light is confusing,,,

Will the quality of the weed be good using led lights? The quantum is not that important.

From what i know at the moment  i am going to buy migro 300 lights. I know expensive, but that is not a issue at the moment

Any one?

1 person likes this

its not lights that cause the noise its the fans so this is an area you need to focus on too especially is noise will be an issue,

so look at getting acoustic ducting, a fan controller & a good fan that moves a decent amount of air.

4 people like this

Just now, Joint hogger said:

its not lights that cause the noise its the fans so this is an area you need to focus on too especially is noise will be an issue,

so look at getting acoustic ducting, a fan controller & a good fan that moves a decent amount of air.

Thanks

Yes that is why i have decided to order   led lights without fans.  Ore do you say that the led light with fans are silent?( I have no clue)

Yes i gona put a lot of effort on the ventilation. I need to build a box sound proof.. Inside there i will put a tent. I imagine if the componets are silent as can be, i can lower the insulation in the box

Best regards

Have a look at DIYLEDUK section on the forum.

3 people like this

Just to let you know it'll be very very difficult to get it silent. A sound proof box will still have to have holes in to intake and extract air and where air comes out there's noise of some description.

Just a heads up

Owd

4 people like this

13 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Have a look at DIYLEDUK section on the forum.

Hello

Not yet thanks, but i will. The main question was: Is the quality of the weed good when using led lights? I got confused reading about leds. Looks like not mutch people recomend them

Best regards

I don't use them myself but what I've learnt is that all leds are not equal. Take a look at some diaries , and see what the led crew are doing.

2 people like this

Quality of the weed is lots better than HPS, CMH is as close to led buds as you can get. Led will give you solid buds, covered in resin and a really nice taste. Not many leds are great so do look in the diyleduk section, latest in leds and no bullshit. Check out some led diaries while your here, mine is in the links below but plenty on uk420 now days.

Toke...

5 people like this

There is a link in my sig bellow where I use a Diyleduk light .. Will be putting up some bud shots over the next few days from last cycle , and definitely frosty and tasty.:oldtoker:

4 people like this

I can't afford one, but if you can then why not try one of those acoustically silenced fans?  One of those plus soundproofing ( couple of thick blankets thrown over the tent ?) is about as good as you could get things, if you're using LEDs then it shouldn't get so hot in there the fans are revving much anyway.

2 people like this

The newer led strips and cobs do not have fans, they use aluminium heat-sinks, some just an inch in thickness so not that much weight.

I'd have an LED tomorrow but the missus will waste it all on rent and bills ;-)

Seriously though, the DIY kits seem easy, you can buy them in 'kit' form and basically just have to adhere a heat-sink pad and screw in a few screws and connect a few wires.

The migro led maker does good videos were he measures par of every grow light out there.

Samsung F strips seem a bargain.

1 person likes this

Isomax fans are really quiet.  They'll cost 200-400 quid but you wouldn't hear them at all through a wall or in the next room with the door closed.

2 people like this

The quality can be very good. Hard dense sticky good.

I'm "experimenting!"... with 5000k bridgelux eb and 3000k Samsung f strips. The former made squat little cabbage like plants from clones in veg. Almost non existent inter node stretching. And the 3000k's have made some fat nugs out of some stressed plants. But considering the stress levels I'm mildly happy with the quality of the failure.

In short I don't believe that quality from LED need be questioned these days. Plenty of evidence on the forums from apt growers.. 

If you can really spread the most diodes out over the canopy the less heat and cooling, noise will be of issue. More leds running cooler can = same amount of light to the plants as less leds running hotter (More electricity to each diode). It's just more expensive that way because you need more leds to cover the area but they run cooler.. so no fans needed. 

I saw an inhouse study in the USA run by a large commercial grow. They compared various lighting solutions on a cost vs output basis. As in how intense the lighting should be for a sweet spot between yield, cost of fixtures and running costs. 

Anyway, terpene levels were identical under all lighting at all intensity (from fairly low to crazy high) which would suggest to me that they're not dictated by lighting (within reason.)

However cannabinoids production (thc cbd etc) was higher in every single case with led over hps. Even a low intensity of white led light beat de Hps fairly significantly (19.7 thc vs about 21% thc with led). I would imagine this is due to the superior spectrum of white led. 

1 person likes this