Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nath90

Quantum boards

Hi all

Been looking at the quantum boards for a while. How's everyone been getting on with them? 

Are they worth the money and do the match the 600hps shades? 

Thanks 

Only heard good things and the v2 is using lm301b leds. But then most led folks are very biased. For an of the shelf led product it's gotta be in the top line up of what's available. Only time and honest reporting will help comparing with hps. 

But hell, it's made by Samsung for HLG! Using 1 of their most efficient diodes.

For the record I've not used 1 but made a similar fixture but with lm561c leds (samsung f strip). They certainly are giving out a ton of light.. 

Led fan boy i am. I got it bad

2 people like this

On 28/02/2019 at 1:01 PM, Nath90 said:

been getting on with them? 

Alright there, 

Firstly I am a led’er been using Quantum boards for a while now, Well happy with what I have grown with them.

As for a comparison what do you yield form a 600watt hps?

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

2 people like this

38 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there, 

Firstly I am a led’er been using Quantum boards for a while now, Well happy with what I have grown with them.

As for a comparison what do you yield form a 600watt hps?

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

Hi

Thanks for reply.

I normally use led in summer to try to beat the heat! Nothing specail just a 900w viper Spectra. Probs crap but beats getting high 30s !

Used hps in the colder months where can maintain temp on 4 plants and I got just over 20oz (scrog) areas around 2.4m x 1.50. but plant area is 1.2 x 1.2 don't use all area so can get around as easier as it's in loft. 

Thinking the quantums can use all year round to maintain temp and a descent light!? 

Cheers

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Nath90 said:

Thinking the quantums can use all year round to maintain temp and a descent light!? 

You wont look back mate, if I was buying I would deffo have a look @diyleduk ‘s strip kits.

Either way you’ll do well.

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

2 people like this

I've got some cxb3590's from a few years back (so dated now and cost me a fortune). 500 w and they absolutely crush a 600w hps. They obviously wouldn't beat a top spec 1k de hps but I think they're not far behind a more old school 1k hps but way easier to grow under. 

I was going to get the 1k de hps out for the next grow but I'm increasingly thinking I need a 720w qb rig. 

I have been using these panels for quite a while now with good results love the spread compared to cob leds I am also using.

I find the cheapest way is to go direct to the manufacturers on alibaba. You can get the panels pretty cheap if your willing to wait a little longer usually only a couple of weeks from China, having ordered both panels and cobs im currently looking at buying a few and prices are

240w LM561C Qb288 X2 with heatsink, 51.65 USD/set

HLG-240H-48B 47.3 USD/piece

Two sets of these so 480w would give you better results than a 600w hps and much better light spread. 

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, pedrovski said:

I find the cheapest way is to go direct to the manufacturers on alibaba.

Just checked this out.  Fuck me, what a difference in price.  Thanks for this.:hippy:

Posted (edited)

for a warranty and genuine samsung leds that are CE safety stamped go diyleduk. I have a little hlg 70w panel for starting veg and wouldnt be without it now.

eta :

hlg boards are now made inhouse in usa so china are now just copies and finding genuine top bin (best ones) samsung leds may be tricky. cheap and quality dont always go together 

Edited by doobie01
adding more
3 people like this

48 minutes ago, pedrovski said:

I have been using these panels for quite a while now with good results love the spread compared to cob leds I am also using.

I find the cheapest way is to go direct to the manufacturers on alibaba. You can get the panels pretty cheap if your willing to wait a little longer usually only a couple of weeks from China, having ordered both panels and cobs im currently looking at buying a few and prices are

240w LM561C Qb288 X2 with heatsink, 51.65 USD/set

HLG-240H-48B 47.3 USD/piece

Two sets of these so 480w would give you better results than a 600w hps and much better light spread. 

Thanks for that..

What's the deference between LM301b and LM561c models which I have been looking at? 

Thanks

15 hours ago, Nath90 said:

Thanks for that..

What's the deference between LM301b and LM561c models which I have been looking at? 

Thanks

The LM301b is a newer diode. It's more efficient. You will get greater light output for the same Watts of electrical input. I would choose LM301b if I was choosing between them.. nothing wrong with LM561c though really. Still a very efficient diode. I've got 1728 of them and am in no hurry to up grade yet. And it's probably 5-10 years before they wear out. 

Quantum boards are great but worth remembering you can buy Samsung strips and meanwell drivers from digikey and make your own light fixture that will perform exactly like the QBs do. 

1 person likes this