Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rikmac

Inkbird

37 posts in this topic

Hi Does anybody use Inkbird products?

Im looking on eBay at a Inkbird temp socket....It has 2 sockets on it and wonder if one can be used for a heater and the other be used for extract/cooling 

Its also the same with the humidity ....I guess plug a humidifier in one socket and a dehumidifier in the other

any advise would be great 

Thanks in advance

They look very similar to the "root it" heat mat controller, and i doubt it will be able to control a fan like you need.

You would be better off buying a separate fan controller for the air and get a heat mat and root it controller for roots, I have this set up and it works like a dream, the fan controller is the most expensive thing I have bought for my tent but worth it’s weight in gold imho, controller £250,  root it controller with probe £28 and the heat mat I'm not sure about tbh but the one I bought was £125 about 6 years ago and still works fine, some kind of combination of this will see you proud and keep noise to a minimum.

58 minutes ago, Rikmac said:

Hi Does anybody use Inkbird products?

Im looking on eBay at a Inkbird temp socket....It has 2 sockets on it and wonder if one can be used for a heater and the other be used for extract/cooling 

Its also the same with the humidity ....I guess plug a humidifier in one socket and a dehumidifier in the other

any advise would be great 

Thanks in advance

I use them for reptiles. I think they make one which has a socket for heat and the other for cooling. It’s a good idea to go to their site and do research to find the one you want.

I’m sure they just switch on or off so I don’t think they are any good for extraction fans though. Good for keeping the roots warm though

Edited by Rampa Green

I have both and think they're great but the cooling socket is of use for fans but would be for a small Aircon unit. If money is tight Swiftair do a basic fan speed controller for 20 quid, I have a couple and they work fine but do make fans hum but so do some at 5

x the price

Thanks for the replies

Is it the roots i should be concentrating on? I was just planning on just keeping the room @ 25 C all the time.... Iif that's the case it ok to let the room cool if i keep the roots warm?

6 hours ago, Rhombus23 said:

I have both and think they're great but the cooling socket is of use for fans but would be for a small Aircon unit. If money is tight Swiftair do a basic fan speed controller for 20 quid, I have a couple and they work fine but do make fans hum but so do some at 5

x the price

Thanks for your reply 

Does the humidity one do both sockets independently or are both sockets on or off?

7 hours ago, ratdog said:

They look very similar to the "root it" heat mat controller, and i doubt it will be able to control a fan like you need.

You would be better off buying a separate fan controller for the air and get a heat mat and root it controller for roots, I have this set up and it works like a dream, the fan controller is the most expensive thing I have bought for my tent but worth it’s weight in gold imho, controller £250,  root it controller with probe £28 and the heat mat I'm not sure about tbh but the one I bought was £125 about 6 years ago and still works fine, some kind of combination of this will see you proud and keep noise to a minimum.

Thanks for your reply

I wasn't wanting to control airflow with it.....although reading my op that's what I said lol 

I was thinking on the lines of the humidity one which hopefully I can plug a humidifier and a dehumidifier into the two sockets and they will work independently humidity should only need topping up with water then......sounds too simple

If the temp one does the same a heater or root mat in one socket and "some sort of cooling" in the other....admittedly probably a fan to lower temp

I have 2x 4in fans £40 for airflow one in one out and used a double dimmer switch £12.50 for speed control :unsure: hope that's enough for a 6ft x 3ft space

17 hours ago, Rikmac said:

I was thinking on the lines of the humidity one which hopefully I can plug a humidifier and a dehumidifier into the two sockets

Not sure where you are but I'm south UK and have never used either in my grows and it's all going to get very complicated quickly if you are not careful mate.

@Rikmac Yes you can plug them both in to maintain a stable RH with humidification and dehumidification settings. eg turn on humidifier at 55%, switch off at 65%, turn on dehumidifier at 75% and switch it off at 70% or whatever suits your stage of growth...

Fax

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Rhombus23 said:

@Rikmac Yes you can plug them both in to maintain a stable RH with humidification and dehumidification settings. eg turn on humidifier at 55%, switch off at 65%, turn on dehumidifier at 75% and switch it off at 70% or whatever suits your stage of growth...

Fax

Nice one that will do nicely is it Inkbird ICH-200 that you have?

Edited by Rikmac

45 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Not sure where you are but I'm south UK and have never used either in my grows and it's all going to get very complicated quickly if you are not careful mate.

Im north uk so not as warm as you normally although with what the weather's doing lately who knows

@Rikmac it's the IHC200

1 person likes this

@Rikmac

large.5c786233094f3_InkbirdIHC-200.jpg

large.5c7862347ae54_RAMHumidifier.jpg

large.5c78623607739_VegetativeTent.jpg

That's how I use it...

Fax

2 people like this

Nice one thats just what i want....you have the humidifier i m looking at too :george:

1 person likes this