Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Budmaster66

DIY NFT ?

Has anybody made a NFT tray as I carnt find one in the size am after I was thinking of osb boards, 2x2 timber framing, pond liner ect

also I hear a lot of people saying about the pump failing ? Could you use 2 pumps run on half pressure rather then 1 on full pressure in case of 1 failing the other will still keep the plants alive ???

first time trying NFT so any info tips will be much appreciated 

only ever grown in coco hand feed 

thanks 

What size are you after? 

I personally wouldn't have thought a wooden nft table was the way to go, but I don't think I'd change away from coco anyway. Although nft can give good results, IMO it only really suits a tray of the same cuttings. Certainly not suited to the multi strain affairs that I like to do.

1 person likes this

Salmon boxes.

;)

2 people like this

a friend of mine made his own tables. marine ply lined with pond liner, works a treat.

there was another tutorial on yootoob, ill see if I can find it

edit ; video has been removed or is no longer available. 

it was basically a couple of long trays into a shallow res, pumped back to top of the table. bloke was using some felt type fabric from dunhelm 3-4mm thick, on top of the liner. it looked good and grew loads of bud

Edited by badbillybob
1 person likes this

I made one out of an aluminium extension ladder once so anything is possible ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks for your replies guys how do I find some nft grow diarys on here ??? 

Thanks 

20 hours ago, Budmaster66 said:

Has anybody made a NFT tray as I carnt find one in the size am after I was thinking of osb boards, 2x2 timber framing, pond liner ect

also I hear a lot of people saying about the pump failing ? Could you use 2 pumps run on half pressure rather then 1 on full pressure in case of 1 failing the other will still keep the plants alive ???

first time trying NFT so any info tips will be much appreciated 

only ever grown in coco hand feed 

thanks 

How big? I once, many moons ago made one from a recycling box (free from most streets) and a plastic tray.it worked a treat

IMO, you can't beat a 1000l IBC cut down to 200l. Waterproofed wood on top, two holes cut out for two 424 trays. Twin pumps feeding both trays if you want security.

Tanks filled to about 100-150 litres to give a nice drop back into the water, one large water heater. Drain time, all you do is connect a large hose and open the tap.

I'll be doing a diary for Panik, Wedding Cake in one tray, Space Cake in the other. 6-8 plants total in one IBC is the ideal number but you can put more in if the strain grows one main stem with few sides. Any more and you'll be in stretchy situation and they'll fight for the light. Some strains this works well as you can pull loads of tops even from side stems that start at the bottom of the plant. Some, you'll end up up with a gangly mess that wants to fall over if not tied up!