Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zepharock

First time LED purchase advice?

My grow diary is linked in my signature if anyone wants to have a look, 

So I successfully grew a 4 bucket hydro system in a 1.2x1.2m tent. The biggest drawback by far was the electric bill, having to have a seperate fan to cool the bulb and even then the temps were high enough at the electrical contacts to cause a fire which was always a worry in the back of my mind.

I started with clone with a metal halide at 250watts, then 600 watts after they took root. I swapped to a 600w HPS light during flower as it has more of a spectrum avaiable to it. Is this an issue with LED or are they adjustable somehow? What do you do with the LEDs once youve switched?

Electric usage also, i have a smart meter and with the seperate ballast, lamp, extraction fan to cool it all put me constantly in the amber zone and cost me a fair bit! How much would I save through LED?

Any recommendations? So I really dont know what im looking for as theres mountains of technical explanations into whats superior, id rather spend my money wisely (buy cheap buy twice) so would one of these be suitable or overkill for a 3-4 plant occasional grow?

https://diyleduk.com/collections/hlg-quantum-boards

What would a cheaper alternative be?

1 person likes this

diyleduk, message  this guy, he will keep you right, look him up on here.

just noticed the link lol

Edited by The Budmeister

1 hour ago, The Budmeister said:

diyleduk, message  this guy, he will keep you right, look him up on here.

just noticed the link lol

Im awaiting a reply of him at the moment, dont want to bombard him with all these questions though :unsure:

So there are cheaper alternatives out there like this for £170 : Viparspectra

Whats the difference? Im not asking in a rude way, just want to be as informed as possible. 

Fairly sure im going to be buying through him if I can, and I want to know why the cost is justifiable (Which is seems to be unquestionably, everywhere I turn this guy is recommended) 

1 person likes this

Also can someone tell me the benefits of the quantum boards and scope samsung lights as there much more expensive?

Looking at the spec im hoping you can lower the wattage during veg then up it during flower, or will this not have the right light spectrum?

On 24/02/2019 at 2:19 PM, Zepharock said:

Also can someone tell me the benefits of the quantum boards and scope samsung lights as there much more expensive?

Looking at the spec im hoping you can lower the wattage during veg then up it during flower, or will this not have the right light spectrum?

Did you find your answers. As I'm always trying to coerce people to spend their money on leds? I would have words to spare