Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MyManFarmer

Whats The Most Effective Way To Reduce Humidity

Evening everyone,

Sat, chilling wondering something....

What's everyone's thoughts on the best way to control humidity during flowering, without spending loads on a DE-humidifier?

What is your preference and why? I have a small £20/30 one it's electric combined with two calcium moisture catchers..... 60-75% humidity still... It's a small grow tent, with two flowering and 3 germinating. (I appreciate its cramped)

Left the tent slightly adjar etc, which is how i achieve 60%... Whats the chances of BUD rot as we stand... 50/50?? :/

Thanks

1 person likes this

airflow and heat.

what lights and extraxtion fan/ filter set up are you running.

1 person likes this

as badbilly says, wack a huge hps and good extraction then you will be needing a humidifier not a dehumidifier :) 

Out of interest what was your humidity before using the cheap dehumidifier? And do you have it in the tent or by the intake feed to dry the air going into tent?

2 hours ago, Rudi said:

Out of interest what was your humidity before using the cheap dehumidifier? And do you have it in the tent or by the intake feed to dry the air going into tent?

Between 70-90% pretty ridiculous.. I need to look at that then. It is inside the tent.

I have a carbon filter extractor, and an intake but they are both in the room, no access to 'fresh outside air' so to speak, although door to rest of house is kept open to let in air... I kinda know whats wrong but without writing an essay about why.. long story short my extension lead cant reach close enough to the window for me to have better air flow set up. Plus a silver pipe sticking out doesn't fairwell with neighbours i guess.. 

I use 300W LED (true 120w) but it is unbranded, has a few colours etc, seems to be doing ok.

1 person likes this

@MyManFarmer seems like a cheapway to solve your problems, get a longer extension cable! Get some long curtains and just but the pipe behind them level with the sill so noone can see it and it will suck the fresh air mostly doesn’t have to hang out the window!

1 person likes this

On 20/02/2019 at 10:49 PM, Rudi said:

@MyManFarmer seems like a cheapway to solve your problems, get a longer extension cable! Get some long curtains and just but the pipe behind them level with the sill so noone can see it and it will suck the fresh air mostly doesn’t have to hang out the window!

@RudiNext season, it's all going in the outside garage! :D

Thank you!!

If I read correct then you are recirculating your plants air...then you must also, to an extent be recirculating the moisture as well?  I think if this is the case then increasing extraction won't help, it'll just speed up air flow bringing the damp air back in quicker?  Any way you can get your stale air out of the room?

4 people like this

I'm growing with 500w wall draw of LED's and have to use a dehumidifier for flowering when It's wet and cold out. 

You can remove excess leaves as they transpire moisture into the air, also water less/no standing water & cover the top of the pots to slow/stop evaporation. 

But as noted already, the best way to reduce rh is to properly remove the excess moisture from the cab and surrounding area with a fan and ducting. Unless you do that everything else is a waste of time. 

Edited by H + H2O
1 person likes this