Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RubberGuard

LED Noob looking for advice...

Hey all.  

I've been growing at a low level for some time using 2x 400W HPS in a 4x8 area. I do not great a great yield due to this and have saved up enough money to invest in to LEDs. I am planning on buying one unit to replace one of my HPS lights in the meantime and then replacing the second in a few months time... I had narrowed down my options to - 

California Lightworks Solar System 1100 

California Lightworks Solar System 1100 UVB

Spyderx/spyderx+

Electric Sky 300 (although I would be forced to pay import charges on this)

I am also open to other suggestions. I have around a week to make a decision and was hoping some of you would lend some expertise so that I don't make a bad decision and lose some hard earned money. 

Appreciate any help. Thanks 

RG

1 person likes this

Maybe look at site sponsor Diyleduk he knows his stuff a few of us run his units.. he is also a horticultural lighting group quantum board approved seller.. hebin sponsor section @diyleduk

3 people like this

Hey thanks. Nice one will do. Heard good things... Just new to the science of lighting etc so trying to do some homework whilst keeping my ears open for advice in the meantime before making the investment. 

1 person likes this

Yes @Diyleduk is well worth listening too. No doubt he'll give good advice. I'm a big fan of Samsung f strips. And the mid power leds in general. Like the HLG QB's too. If diy is an option you can save some good pennies with a strip build. Ledgardener another 1 to watch out for. http://ledgardener.com/parallel-strip-build-tool/

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, RubberGuard said:

Hey all.  

I've been growing at a low level for some time using 2x 400W HPS in a 4x8 area. I do not great a great yield due to this and have saved up enough money to invest in to LEDs. I am planning on buying one unit to replace one of my HPS lights in the meantime and then replacing the second in a few months time... I had narrowed down my options to - 

California Lightworks Solar System 1100 

California Lightworks Solar System 1100 UVB

Spyderx/spyderx+

Electric Sky 300 (although I would be forced to pay import charges on this)

I am also open to other suggestions. I have around a week to make a decision and was hoping some of you would lend some expertise so that I don't make a bad decision and lose some hard earned money. 

Appreciate any help. Thanks 

RG

Wow they are expensive! Unless you're wanting to reinvent the wheel give the HLG products or strips a good look at you'll save 100's off £'s and will be able to bathe your space with light. With that sort of budget you could mix up your own spectrum a bit and drop some far red and UV in there with change to spare. See what diyled has in stock. His kit is genuine

1 person likes this