Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Rufas

Planting in pots / water run off

16 posts in this topic

 

Hello all first post looking for advice / thoughts

 

so last year I did my first gg 

 

seeds used was dp high potency automix = cindarall jack/ think different auto/ auto ultimate 

 

The growing area is  clay lined run off down a big hill  some of which had flowing water all summer  

6 plants where and this site 3 at another 

 the first 3 were planted straight in the ground out of the flowing water in holes no bigger  than 4” wide by 4” deep these in a diagonal line  getting closer to the flowing water 

These did not do well at all  but they did produce abit of smoke 

 

the next 3 were planeted  in pots in the same diagonal  line but each pot hole had water running under it

each one have abit more flow than the last the pots were small 4”x4” 

each of these plants did the same 

getting 10g to 15 g dried 

 

Planted June chopped September 1 week after the rain hit the uk 

i suffed abit a mold but nothing too bad considering in rained for a whole week before I chopped most of the mold came while drying

only went back to check once  this is when I took the pics 3 weeks before chopping

 

The 3 pots where full to the brim with roots 

it was all abit rush learnt loads 

 

bigger pots needed  anyone have any other thought on how I could improve??

 

 

i do have some pics but they on the digital cam  these where took at my one  visit 

 

this is year I have dp high potency auto mix again 

dp frisson due auto 

Dp white widow auto 

Edited by Rufas
Add for info
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Hello mate,  sounds like you'd benefit from using these...we call them "towers"...basically cages lined with strong bin liner.

 

Dig a decent hole to the size of the cage diameter. Make up the cage and place it just inside the hole. Then fill both the hole and your cage up a decent amount above the ground....use loads of soil mix per plant. If you got water down below this method produces great results...

 

large.5bbd26ba2c44d_2018-10-0923_05_41.jpglarge.5bbd25e385644_2018-10-0923_03_39.jpglarge.5b81c8864f61f_2018-08-2522_18_02.jpglarge.5b79c43e20437_2018-08-1920_16_37.jpglarge.5b7dd0755d3ec_2018-08-2222_03_08.jpglarge.5b79c3c9ba244_2018-08-1920_08_42.jpglarge.5b79c3bb2df2c_2018-08-1920_07_35.jpg

 

Some example above. The towers stay firm and upright all season and you can help by adding rocks or soil round the base.  

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

perhaps you could get compost bags  and cut  it in half ... put half the compost in each half of the bag ..... stick some drain holes in the bottom of it  and roll the plastic down to the compost height ....  put  a  plant in each half ......

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, zug said:

Hello mate,  sounds like you'd benefit from using these...we call them "towers"...basically cages lined with strong bin liner.

 

Dig a decent hole to the size of the cage diameter. Make up the cage and place it just inside the hole. Then fill both the hole and your cage up a decent amount above the ground....use loads of soil mix per plant. If you got water down below this method produces great results...

 

large.5bbd26ba2c44d_2018-10-0923_05_41.jpglarge.5bbd25e385644_2018-10-0923_03_39.jpglarge.5b81c8864f61f_2018-08-2522_18_02.jpglarge.5b79c43e20437_2018-08-1920_16_37.jpglarge.5b7dd0755d3ec_2018-08-2222_03_08.jpglarge.5b79c3c9ba244_2018-08-1920_08_42.jpglarge.5b79c3bb2df2c_2018-08-1920_07_35.jpg

 

Some example above. The towers stay firm and upright all season and you can help by adding rocks or soil round the base.  

 

Cheers for the repiles

When I said about flowing water there is 2 “ of silt/ bogey mud then clay 

when I  dug the slit away the hole instantly started to fill up with water 

the pots were sat in this water 

If  I dig a big hole it will just fill with water   And tower would be water logged ??? 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

@Rufas search for "swamp tubes" :yep: 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, beezee said:

@Rufas search for "swamp tubes" :yep: 

 

Cheers walked on building site this morning  (I am a  plumber) and there was the ducting   Just waiting for me one 6 m length is now in 2 bits in the van happy days 

 

i am a avid fisherman  the swap tubes have just just opened up another 3 grow sites I can now  use 

legends

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds much like a plot i found yesterday..id better have another look at the swamp tube thread 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Mr_cocofibrelover said:

Sounds much like a plot i found yesterday..id better have another look at the swamp tube thread 

 

 

large.swamp.jpglarge.GFHULIJ.jpg

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Rufas said:

this is year I have dp high potency auto mix again 

dp frisson due auto 

Auto Frisian are absolute rubbish mate,scrap them,got to be honest they are total dross,you still have time to get something decent that will yield and actually perform rather than rot away to nothing.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Household bins instead of plant-pots,knock the bottoms out,bed them in well,fill with compost,didnt water once.

large.gallery_44344_4738_143840.jpglarge.gallery_44344_4738_115577.jpg

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ch@ppers said:

Auto Frisian are absolute rubbish mate,scrap them,got to be honest they are total dross,you still have time to get something decent that will yield and actually perform rather than rot away to nothing.

 

 

Cheer for the heads up but I have all ready ordered them so they will go in suck it and see time 

any thing you would recommend 

ch@ppers

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Rufas said:

 

 

Cheer for the heads up but I have all ready ordered them so they will go in suck it and see time 

any thing you would recommend 

ch@ppers

Ok,we had terrible experiences with auto Frisian dew that's fact,we did a LOT and got less yield than this one auto in the pic,all of those plants and less yield than one of another strain,the auto firzzies stunted,moulded and were of very poor quality,if you yield more than a cotton-buds worth of good weed I will be most surprised :yinyang: I am going to ask you to do a little research,its only 3 pages,no one raves about auto frizzies because they are absolute crap,heres the pic of an auto and a three page read...….

large.P1030717.JPG

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Cheers fella  read  the post 

will get some  more seeds ordered 

rgs autos orderd 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Rufas said:

Cheers fella  read  the post 

will get some  more seeds ordered 

rgs autos orderd 

If you fail with RGS gear (and note I never mentioned them in this thread) I will personally refund your money,its here in black and white,i will refund your cash from my own pocket,Dutch passion auto frizzies are good for feeding budgies or for looking at,in the field in the british countryside they have no use whatsoever when there are far better strains that will produce.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

12 rgc auto amnesia ordered 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now