Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lattitudepirate1

Always remember what you grew in previous years!

Afternoon guys, 

So last year I ended up throwing in a freebie seed into some compost and left it to do its thing. I didn't make a note of the breeder or do any grow diaries last year due to being so bloody busy. All I knew is that it was a blueberry fem seed and it came in a tiny plastic pop top vial. Anyway, to cut a long story short, it ended up turning out to be the star of the show for the 2018 greenhouse season. I wish I had made a note of the breeder and where this seed came from as I would run them again this year without hesitation. Ive even tried scouring seed banks online looking for the potential website it came from with no luck. Bugger! 

So my message today is, Always make a note of whats popping guys! Just incase that one freebie you thought might not do much turns out to be a real winner winner high sea dinner. Lesson learnt! 

Over and out! 

The Pirate! 

2 people like this

No old email within your inbox from last year when you purchased ? 

Note taken :D

3 people like this

@Inspiration101 

Blimey I didn't even think of that. Gonna check right now! :wallbash:

1 person likes this

<< Works in I.T.

2 people like this

Well, if you do work it out....please do share, if its that tasty a plant then I fancy a looksee too :D 

3 people like this

It may have been seedsman BB, my mate did a couple of their freebie BB`s last year and they turned out pretty decent. :yinyang:

1 person likes this

@Inspiration101 @H + H2O

I checked my email but nothing that far back unfortunately. It may well have been the seedsman BB actually, as i've used them in the past. Cheers! 

2 people like this

if you log into seedsman, go top left for account, look down left column for My orders.....shimmy over to the right you'll see a list of your previous orders...click the option to "view order"

Anything in your order, including freebies is listed... :)

4 people like this

Its pointless trying to chase one genotype down outdoors imo. If blueberry is what you like then try a few different breeders, spread your bets.

@RandyBoBandy does blueberry auto i think outdoors. Wonder if hes still about

3 people like this

@unity

Cheers chap, I checked my emails and although i'm subscribed to their newsletter - I dont seem to have an account with them. The best thing about this is that I wont make this mistake again, thats for sure. 

@diyleduk 

I agree, i'm not a big blueberry fan but for a freebie seed that had little to no attention - she outperformed everything else & i'd love to chuck a few more in this year. As @H + H2O mentioned, it might well have been the Seedsman blueberry fem they have on their site. 

Cheers & ATB! 

2 people like this