Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ne5

Auto flower help

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys back again. Been doing good Past couple of weeks with the auto grow but having a couple of different problems and just wanted an opinion or two. 

The first photo shows the Dinafem amnesia xxl @Dinafem-Mark which has been growing perfectly and been one of the best in the groom with the xxl widow but the leaves are starting to curl up. Is this a issue with cold? 

large.92BD0F85-6AC3-48C2-81D2-8E2F6713FA8F.jpeg

room temp 26

Plants 3 weeks old 

lights 24 hours on past week (were on 20 hours before that and temps were low near 15 when lights off that’s why I’ve changed to 24 hours so maybe this could be issue?)

4 x 600w hps lights

all auto plants

ph 5.8

ec was 0.8 but just upped to 1.0 last feed a day ago. 

the reason I ask about if it’s a cold issue is the main cold intake is right beside this plant and it is 800m3/hr so powerful to say the least. 

I know the leaves are looking a bit light but I am taking it canny with the nutes as some of you may know I have destroyed a grow with too much nutes so upping it a bit at a time. 

large.0FEC120D-25D5-4DEC-90EE-DA3E311545CB.jpeg

next plant above is northern lights auto and again looking a bit light but just fed last feed 1.0. 

This plant is near 4 weeks old and was a bit of a runt of the lot but again is near one cold intake which isn’t powerful only 300m3/hr. with lights being on 24 hours lately. 

Thanks!!

I have to agree that it doesn't look like a nutrient deficiency as the leaves, where deficiencies usually show up, look nice and green.  Certainly leaning towards something environmental.  Hope you figure it out soon.  Good luck.

1 person likes this

When you water, do you then turn the lights off afterwards for a few hours ? Or do lights remain on throughout ? 

Do the leaves get wet when watering and are wet when lights come on ? 

41 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

When you water, do you then turn the lights off afterwards for a few hours ? Or do lights remain on throughout ? 

Do the leaves get wet when watering and are wet when lights come on ? 

As mentioned in post the lights are on 24 hours. I think I may of sussed it though. When I feed I always feed till the tray is almost near full, reading up I’m meant to drain that off as it “drowns the roots” as such, think this may be my problem. Can anyone confirm this?  

@Inspiration101 I rarely get the leave wet I just concentrate on soaking the soil. 

31 minutes ago, Ne5 said:

As mentioned in post the lights are on 24 hours. I think I may of sussed it though. When I feed I always feed till the tray is almost near full, reading up I’m meant to drain that off as it “drowns the roots” as such, think this may be my problem. Can anyone confirm this?  

I can confirm this.  Please don't leave the roots in standing water.  I learnt that one the hard way.  

1 person likes this

Don't leave roots sitting in water, that's virtually criminal ;) 

When you do water - Allow the plants to have 4h of darkness also.  

1 hour ago, Inspiration101 said:

Don't leave roots sitting in water, that's virtually criminal ;) 

When you do water - Allow the plants to have 4h of darkness also.  

I’m surprised they’ve done so well so far then, every feed for at least 2 weeks I’ve let them in a tray virtually full. 

Ive never heard of turning lights off for 4 hours after. I’m on 24 light schedule so leaving like that I’m afraid. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Ne5 said:

I’m surprised they’ve done so well so far then, every feed for at least 2 weeks I’ve let them in a tray virtually full. 

Ive never heard of turning lights off for 4 hours after. I’m on 24 light schedule so leaving like that I’m afraid. 

Yea fair enough, I just proscribe to the idea that plants need a little sleep after watering, just like you don't water plants in the midday sun.

13 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

Yea fair enough, I just proscribe to the idea that plants need a little sleep after watering, just like you don't water plants in the midday sun.

You don't water I the sun so you don't scorch the leaves. We dont go splashing water on cannabis leaves and they dont need sleep. This is a common myth

e2a @Inspiration101 its best practice to water first thing in a morning too rather than last thing at night, outdoors anyway. Not as consequential indoors at all

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
2 people like this

The up curl of the leaves indicates a high heat/ low RH scenario & the general droopiness indicates over watering. 

So increase the rh and/or move the light higher and drain away your runoff. :yep:

If you leave them standing in water too much they will get root rot. You'll know straight away as it produces an eggy smell. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

You don't water I the sun so you don't scorch the leaves. We dont go splashing water on cannabis leaves and they dont need sleep. This is a common myth

e2a @Inspiration101 its best practice to water first thing in a morning too rather than last thing at night, outdoors anyway. Not as consequential indoors at all

The man the myth the legend has commented on my post I feel honoured lol 

1 hour ago, H + H2O said:

The up curl of the leaves indicates a high heat/ low RH scenario & the general droopiness indicates over watering. 

So increase the rh and/or move the light higher and drain away your runoff. :yep:

If you leave them standing in water too much they will get root rot. You'll know straight away as it produces an eggy smell. 

I think you’re bang on. The lights were really close to the plants so I have raised a few inches. The RH was sitting at 34 but now sitting at 50 with added humidifier. Also making sure from now on to drain the run off. Thanks. 

Your first picture is exactly what I had with my first grow. The leaves upturned because of high temps. 

That particular plant hermied on me and pollinated my other plants. I’ve been picking seeds out of my bud for the last 3 months! 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Pau176 said:

Your first picture is exactly what I had with my first grow. The leaves upturned because of high temps. 

That particular plant hermied on me and pollinated my other plants. I’ve been picking seeds out of my bud for the last 3 months! 

It must be because the lamps are too close as the room temps are actually 24. I’ll lift the lamps up even further then it if one Hermied on me it would devastate my crop