Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

T SCOT 420 tae!

Scottish Outdoors Help please

Yo ,Hows it going  

Recently thought about doing a grow outdoors in Scottish weather, got some Early Skunk Auto Flowering seeds from sensi seeds, heard they were easy to grow for 1st timers looked at reviews and seemed amazing and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips/help from start to finish what do to , just what soil should I use outdoors, feed , times of year to start :wallbash: etc its quite cold over here still but summer is coming:yinyang:......

1 person likes this

Nobody is going to tell you bro. There are a hundred grow diarys in the outdoor section and a few from your neck of the woods. Roll yourself a fat one.. make a pot of tea and some cucumber sandwiches and expand your knowledge by reading and looking at the great photos. There are also outdoor diaries in individual seedbank sections.

Have fun learning !   

5 people like this

any bag of compost will do, mix with some perlite. i used to crack my seeds on april 20th for outdoor grows. start indoors until they have a bit of size to survive outside.

If you can't water regularly dig a hole and plant in the ground, if you can water regularly use a fabric pot to plant and water every day or two. 

Miracle gro soluble crystals is a cheap effective feed (a lot of people will argue otherwise but fuck em!) 

get a few slug pellets and scatter them around the base of the plant 

Look for this.. "  Sawney Beans Highland Ganja"

:smokin:

3 people like this

for the record you wont need to feed anything for around a month as the compost will have sufficient nutrients  

Just now, nbenja3 said:

for the record you wont need to feed anything for around a month as the compost will have sufficient nutrients  

I disagree mate, I like to start adding feed a week or two max after the pot up.

1 person likes this

Dont take anyones word for what is right or wrong mate. Read as much as you can. Common sense ( and documented results) will shine through. 

You could just dig a hole and throw in some compost and leave it.. that works..  so does a full ground prep with base fertilisers and trace additives . One way will give you "some weed" .. the other will give you the best result you can get. 

Read/learn  

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

I disagree mate, I like to start adding feed a week or two max after the pot up.

A waste of nutrients in my opinion, plant isn't nearly big enough to pull all the nutrients from the soil. But hey everyone has their own methods at the end of the day 

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, nbenja3 said:

any bag of compost will do, mix with some perlite. i used to crack my seeds on april 20th for outdoor grows. start indoors until they have a bit of size to survive outside.

If you can't water regularly dig a hole and plant in the ground, if you can water regularly use a fabric pot to plant and water every day or two. 

Miracle gro soluble crystals is a cheap effective feed (a lot of people will argue otherwise but fuck em!) 

get a few slug pellets and scatter them around the base of the plant 

Thank you all for the comments/tips looking into it now,

What about ph levels in the soil would I not have to use one that has the just right amount and also with the pots do i dig a bit and put them down about halfway ? Just dont know what to get for soil etc so much options just dont want to waste money....im a broke fuck :unsure::rolleyes:

growing in soil i wouldn't worry about ph balanced water! a big tescos will sell 3 bags of compost for a tenner