Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Redking85

Help... Gorrila glue not budding

19 posts in this topic

A 400w in the tent you have is going to be very hot, I use a 400w in a 1mx1mx2m tent and temps can still get quite high with a 5inch extraction, I'd say go for a 250w hps in that size of space with atleast a 4" extraction fan and filter set up, you'll definitely need a filter or neighbours will smell it, also go for a, 4" rvk extraction fan if you can or a decent brand one, I've tried the cheap version (vents tt I think) you get on ebay and it doesn't do the job as its underpowered for what you need and heat issues occured, the cheap carbon filters don't take away the smell either tbh, I use rhino Pro but mountain air and phresh also get a good name, I think I read rhino Pro aren't as good anymore due to different carbon used now, mines is a few years old and still good, it's expensive to set up properly but it's better to play safe in the filter department, a bust would be a lot more of a hardship than saving for the proper stuff

3 people like this

On 2/12/2019 at 8:10 PM, Redking85 said:

I'm growing in soil or was I've scrapped the plant so I was growing in a small cupboard just large enough for one plant and I did have a wee fan hooked up until the motor burnt out.

So I've been having a look in the loft and surprised to find that some of it has flooring down at the end of the house probably a project not completed by the last owners so theres plenty of space for me to move around now and I've drilled a hole and now have a plug socket all hooked up. 

And I've got a small grow tent 50/50/100 with holes for filters/fans so that's that sorted 

I'm bidding on a 400 watt led grow light that should be enough for 1 plant? 

Will I need a filter if I'm in the loft? 

What sort of soil should I use? 

Unless you are paying a fair amount for a LED it will be shit. Trust me. You can get a 400wt kit from your local hydroponic shop for about (guessing cos its been years) £100. Including a bulb. You will want one that is capable of running both hps and halide 400wt bulbs. An extractor fan. Again, ask your hydro shop guy.. search on here or ask for specific advice about extraction . A carbon filter for flowering. A desk fan to move air around inside tent.

Remember.. if you are in a loft you will need to extract the air to outside the loft.. dont extract from tent into loft. 

Soil.. verve from b&q.. miracle grow.. whatever you can get. Not shit you had in garden from last year. 

Nutes. Simple? Tomato food.

Not so simple? Ask the hydro shop guy

Its probably a good idea to read as many grow diaries on here as you can and try and process and retain some info BEFORE you try again. Keep it simple mate. 

28 degrees 

Dont over water

Dont burn them

Oh and buy a contactor. It will make sure your timer doesnt burn out and fuck your light cycle.

2 people like this

@Redking85

You can pick up a 400w HPS kit for about £60 (give or take) on fleabay, around the same for a 250w, a 400w HPS in a 50x50x100 space would probably get too hot, a 250w would be better, like @Mr_cocofibrelover says, you will need decent extraction though.

A 400w LED would probably be about right, but again, like above, avoid cheap LEDs from fleabay, you'd be better off with a HPS, unless you shell out a bit more, or have a look at @diyleduk on here as folk are getting good results from his kit :yep:

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Serpent said:

@Redking85

You can pick up a 400w HPS kit for about £60 (give or take) on fleabay, around the same for a 250w, a 400w HPS in a 50x50x100 space would probably get too hot, a 250w would be better, like @Mr_cocofibrelover says, you will need decent extraction though.

A 400w LED would probably be about right, but again, like above, avoid cheap LEDs from fleabay, you'd be better off with a HPS, unless you shell out a bit more, or have a look at @diyleduk on here as folk are getting good results from his kit :yep:

+1

250w hps if money is tight otherwise hit up @diyleduk for an LED panel. Bypass eBay and save yourself the money and headache.

You'll want at least a 4"rvk but I would suggest get a 5" high power rvk and put a fan controller on it (WAC1 is cheap) to slow it down. Add carbon filter and you are good to go. Don't skimp on the carbon filter, get a decent one or be prepared to replace it quickly. Don't use one and be prepared for a knock at the door.

3ph

4 people like this