Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Redking85

Help... Gorrila glue not budding

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals 

I'm currently growing a gorrila glue auto flower it started off fine grew quite rapidly though and I had to dismantle my grow tent as when I came back from work one day it had grown into my light and burned abit of the top I planted at the end of November and thought it would be done by now as it said 8 weeks till flower  but it seems stuck all I have are pistils and at a loss as to why nothing else is happening I'm worried it's starting to die as some of the pistils are turning  brown Ithink I may be underwatering as my last attempt I watered too much but i managed to fix that one I've checked my ph levels they are at a 5.5 is this too low? Do light leaks matter on a auto flower I don't think there are any and I've told my wife to keep the light off In the cupboard but you have gaps around the door were light could leak in?large.IMG_20190208_111754.jpglarge.IMG_20190208_111711.jpglarge.IMG_20190208_111652.jpglarge.IMG_20190208_111627.jpg I've added some photos  help would be great I'm a complete novice 

1 person likes this

If that has been in flower for 8 weeks i probably would cut my losses and finish the plant. Autos having pretty shit genetics, mutate a lot more than a photoperiod plant 

lots of 3 fingered leaves usually a sign of something has messed up,normally a photoperiod thats been messed with.unlikely a faulty light timer as its an auto.whacky pheno or stressed out.

:fart:

I’ve never grown autos but the plant looks starved of light, is it an led light you use ? How high is the light? when I got my first led about 5 years ago the company I got it  from said to put the light as high as you can in the room, I soon learned it was better about 12-18” from the canopy.

Edited by Tepzad
1 person likes this

Is it 8 weeks since you planted the seed? If so your brobably just over half way through the grow, in my experience I've never had an auto finish in the time it states or as early as 8 weeks except from the lowryder strain, most autos I have grown have been about 3 weeks earlier than a photo plant, it looks like the start of buds forming, now is the time to space out your branches and expose the bud sites to as much light as possible, autos don't need a light cycle to flower so if your worried about light leaks you could run your lights 24hrs,this also keeps a stable environment no change in temp as lights go out, what is your setup, light? Tent size? Temps? humidity? type of growing medium? And what strength are you measuring nutrients per litre

1 person likes this

I have a plant that looks like this with only three fingered leaves and it is falling waaaay behind the others in my room.

I've put it down to genetics of autos as well and that he's just a runt of the litter.

Sorry to say I personally don't think you'll be getting much off that one and it's very possible/Likely that it wasn't anything you did wrong. 

If you answer the questions above asked by highlo someone should be able to say for sure.

large.20190209_031802.jpglarge.20190209_032215.jpgBin it. Get a decent light. Start again. Keep it simple.

This auto plant was popped on 3rd december 18. Im at 68 days from seed.

4 people like this

As mentioned already that wee thing looks miles off what an 8 week old auto should look like, under formed and scrawny as hell, what kind of light do you use? 

I wonder if burning the top caused it to stress and to almost stop growing, although I've seen loads of autos get a bit crispy up top and still plough on OK. 

It definitely looks as though it topped itself, which has probably stunted it. 

I see the strain is GG, but what breeder is it? 

Good luck! 

@Mr_cocofibrelover nice shape of plant that is. Perfect for a SOG, what strain is it mate?

Cheers :woot:

2 people like this

I'm leaning to what's been said above @Redking85, to me it looks like they're not getting enough light if your environment is OK, what light are you using? If not it could be shite genetics (what breeder are they from?) as some of the leaves aren't fully serrated, or maybe a bit of both?

Here's one of my auto grows at 55 days from seed (a day under 8 weeks) to give you a rough idea of where they should be at this stage...

gallery_57657_3620_213489.jpg

2 people like this

I was going to ask which seedbank they came from. I got some GG4autos last year and they were rubbish. They were badly hacked and produced females, males, hermies, autos and non autos, out of the same bag. These were from Elev8 seeds. I'd dump it and start again.

1 person likes this

my bet its a cheapo chines led?

is it?

2 people like this

Hi guys thanks for the replys 

I got the seeds from barneys barn I got 2 free seeds also which was chuffed about until I lost the packet they were in 

I have 2 lights on it cfl's with 2700 lumens although watts is only 60 both combined but I figured for one plant that would be enough and I moved them higher when it got burnt so they are now about 40- 50cm away but looking at Mr cocofibrelovers plant mine looks completely shite what sort of light should I be using? as I got mine off eBay and it said they were grow lights so didn't think anything of it.

Money is tight and space limited so using a cupboard for now with the grow tent inside until I can get my shed kitted out 

I'm thinking I will just scrap it and start again unless there's a chance I can salvage something I've put so much time into her it would feel cruel especially since it has survived this long with my piss poor management 

I've ordered a pineapple glue auto seed from advanced seeds and hopefully this time I could get it right I wish I could plant outside but living in Scotland you can have 4 seasons in one day  

2 people like this

I think lack of light is the problem. If it's 60w combined it's not enough.

What size is the room? What extraction do you have? What exactly are the lights? What are you growing in? (Soil etc) What are the temps?

Without knowing all this it's hard to advise BUT the minimum you want really is a 150w HPS or equivalent LED but as you say cash is tight HPS would be my recommendation. You'll need half decent extract 4"mine but 5" on a controller is better.

Give us some more deets and we can provide better info 

3ph

Edit: also carbon filter if you don't already have one. Once you get a decent light the smell will be very powerful.

Edited by 3potheads
2 people like this

if your space is 1metre square, get a 400w HPS, if its 1.2 metres square, get a 600w HPS. If funds are tight, get a dual spectrum lamp, which will cover veg and bloom.

If you don't already have one, get a decent filter and fan, 5 inch set up for 1m tent, and a 6 inch set up for a 1.2 m tent. RVK fans are good and cheap. 

With the right environment, and proper feeding etc, the bud will come. 

I wouldn't be wasting any more electric on those ones, start over with  a proper set up and reap the rewards.

Edited by badbillybob
3 people like this

I'm growing in soil or was I've scrapped the plant so I was growing in a small cupboard just large enough for one plant and I did have a wee fan hooked up until the motor burnt out.

So I've been having a look in the loft and surprised to find that some of it has flooring down at the end of the house probably a project not completed by the last owners so theres plenty of space for me to move around now and I've drilled a hole and now have a plug socket all hooked up. 

And I've got a small grow tent 50/50/100 with holes for filters/fans so that's that sorted 

I'm bidding on a 400 watt led grow light that should be enough for 1 plant? 

Will I need a filter if I'm in the loft? 

What sort of soil should I use?