Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

j0eperry

Anyone fishing this year?

26 posts in this topic

Anyone out and about on the banks this year? What are your plans and what will you be up to? I'm getting back into it all this year so just been buying rods etc. 

Mission for 2019: fish n grow

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, j0eperry said:

Anyone out and about on the banks this year? What are your plans and what will you be up to? I'm getting back into it all this year so just been buying rods etc. 

Mission for 2019: fish n grow

Hi mate,yeh ime gona dust off my carp rods and get out there soon as weather improves.

Love the early spring time,going to target some big old carp in an estate lake. 

What sort of fishing ya into mate?

4 people like this

Me too, I fish for trout mostly, bait and fly on the rivers and lochs of the Highlands, love camping but won't be doing that till May...... :yinyang:

3 people like this

Looking forward to the warmer weather...mullet for me.

3 people like this

i do a bit of bass fishing off a local reef, bit of feathering for mackerel and chuck some crab pots out to see what we get..

3 people like this

1 hour ago, grotbags said:

Me too, I fish for trout mostly, bait and fly on the rivers and lochs of the Highlands, love camping but won't be doing that till May...... :yinyang:

Never tried fly fishing, but one day i will have to give it a go mate,proper wild fishing.

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Looking forward to the warmer weather...mullet for me.

Used to do alot of sea fishing from the shore along the norfolk coast for cod.

Was full of em on the right night,like alot of things greedy trawler fisherman put and end to that,such a shame.

Not many spots my way for mullet but again would love a go at them at some point,tricky fish to tempt mullet.

West coast got the best mullet fishing i think,seen some big uns on holiday as a kid around the rocks at Lyme Regis.

9 minutes ago, twigs said:

i do a bit of bass fishing off a local reef, bit of feathering for mackerel and chuck some crab pots out to see what we get..

Some decent bass sport along Norfolk coast,theres some reefs about that can be productive. Alot of fisherman target them with small canoes adapted to hold rods off the back and they paddle up and down along reefs with lures. 

5 people like this

post-12051-1213723429.jpgpost-12051-1213723595.jpgGratuitous mullet shot lol

Any excuse to show my pb 10lber....

5 people like this

5 hours ago, Hippy said:

Hi mate,yeh ime gona dust off my carp rods and get out there soon as weather improves.

Love the early spring time,going to target some big old carp in an estate lake. 

What sort of fishing ya into mate?

Carping too bud. Not been for 10 years (living outside the UK) so well looking forward to it. I'm hoping to get onto a reservoir I like the look of. But to be honest any runs water will do for a bend or two to start off. Of course need somewhere quiet to park myself - I'm not really to worried about catching owt as long as I can get a toot or two in! I should be somewhere East Midlands or so I reckon - where you at?

Good to see there are plenty of us getting out there eh! 

1 person likes this

I'm eagerly awaiting the 15th March.....start of the brown trout season. That will keep me busy until the silver tourists (seatrout) start to arrive about late April May 

Hopin for a big salmon this year.......been tryin for a 20lb fish for years now and never quite managed.....this season though....

Tight lines everyone 

2 people like this

Moving home shortly, to an area near the sea and a couple of decent Salmon/Seatrout rivers. Planning on resurrecting my beachcasting and possibly getting a kayak for close inshore work.

Bio

:)

2 people like this

im about to stop fishing for a few mths due to the closed season that effects the river i fish on and will have to wait untill the 16th june before im back out doing a bit.

My plans for the year are to do some more live baiting for perch and to do a bit more chub stalking on the litte river, for the chub i think it will be after dark as the river is very urban or parkland's and theres dogs in and out the river all day long and that will spook the chub but i find i still can catch perch and pike even if a dog has just been in for a swim and i move down into it after 10mins or so , i think the smaller fish may get stunded if a dog has jumped in or theres mud and food kicked up from the dog small fish move in and the  predators follow.

2 people like this

i cant wait to get out doing a little carp stalking, love smoking a joint while fishing me, i feel rite at home with a joint in one hand and my rod in the other, its always when i just start rolling a joint my rod takes off. lol 

i used to do allot of pike fishing in a river you could jump across in parts, in the summer time you could see the big pike sneaking up on my live bait. great to see them bolt forward with a kick of there tail. plus the great fight pike give. i also love chub fishing in the same river, since we took allot of the pike out the river to the near by lake, the chub are getting to good numbers again so i hear. lets hope the sun comes soon ehh lads, then its off fishing, my rods are already out waiting in my kitchen.:oldtoker:

5 people like this

Time for Zen Ken to dust the old carp rods off methinks......whilst Im at it those 20lb plus pollock are not going to hook themselves :thisbig::yep:

Time to get the old wreck rods out again.....may even go and hunt some sewer bass in the estuary this afternoon :thumsup:

1 person likes this

Yep I'll be doing the whole lot this year.  Golden grey mullet soon.....

Mackerel already been showing...

Tight lines all.......

3 people like this

Anybody going to start a random fishing picture thread?

Just a thought.....