Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hit_em_up

Carbon filter, extraction ducting

Hello fellow tokers and growers, I have a serious question about having a 1.2x1.2 tent in my bedroom where I sleep! 

The issue I have is where I can put the extracted air from out of my grow room.....

i was contemplating 1000w led in the tent either growing in a single Dwc pot or coco or possibly organic, I'm still weighing up the pros and cons to each media...

how ever I am curious as to any ways I can dispose of my waste air out of the grow room?? Is there anything that can be attatched to the end of the ducting?? 

The only solution I can see is by having the ducting as close to

my window as possible......

if any of you guys had any ideas or solutions with my problem I'd greatly appreciate any advice....

thanks 

Is there a loft above you can vent into? 

I have my filter in the tent, acoustic ducting up into the loft where the fan is to keep noise down 

2 people like this

Thanks for the reply, there is no loft directly above the tent! 

The loft space is small in my house and it is only tiled roof above where I want my tent 

Mentioned this yesterday,how about an old speaker with the back either removed or a hole cut for your extraction ducting to fit. Leave your window ajar and place speaker on the window,extracting the hot air out your tent. Just a suggestion mate. Or as @Dodgee said

get a tumble dryer hose adapter/sock for the window.

Good luck.

Tenchie.

Edited by Tenchie
3 people like this

Thanks tenchie, the speaker on my window sounds like a belting idea...

i have just googled  (tumble dryer hose box) 

The tumble dryer condenser seems like an even better solution to the problem.....

Does any body know of any reason  why a condenser couldn't be used on the end of the ducting?

I can't understand why everybody with a tent wouldn't use this method in the first place? 

all the tumble condensers do is take the moisture out of the air so you will still have waste air and heat build up that you will need to get rid of. Some extract back into the room and find it works alright (like myself) but i'm using a smaller tent, room and lights. It all depends on your environment and whether you can keep it stable as to whats best for you, I found the setup that works good for me after years, joining this site and £££ in guess/impulse buys so do your research into how and what different setups guys and gals have on here, pros and cons of each and then go for it. 

1 hour ago, Autobud said:

all the tumble condensers do is take the moisture out of the air so you will still have waste air and heat build up that you will need to get rid of. Some extract back into the room and find it works alright (like myself) but i'm using a smaller tent, room and lights. It all depends on your environment and whether you can keep it stable as to whats best for you, I found the setup that works good for me after years, joining this site and £££ in guess/impulse buys so do your research into how and what different setups guys and gals have on here, pros and cons of each and then go for it. 

We weren't talking about condensers though. 

You can buy round too flat adaptors and a kind of skirt which fits too the window using velcro/sticky strips. 

Allowing you to push the air outside to atmosphere without having a freezing cold/draughty room..

I'm trying to find a picture to show what I mean but it's hard without linking the bay or the big River..

1 person likes this

@DodgeeI know buddy :) I was just answering @hit_em_up's question 

9 hours ago, hit_em_up said:

Thanks tenchie, the speaker on my window sounds like a belting idea...

i have just googled  (tumble dryer hose box) 

The tumble dryer condenser seems like an even better solution to the problem.....

Does any body know of any reason  why a condenser couldn't be used on the end of the ducting?

I can't understand why everybody with a tent wouldn't use this method in the first place? 

1 person likes this