Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
420eyes

Heat spots

At the moment I've got two 6inch clip on fans for air movement in my 1m2 tent.  Originally I think the osilated but now they don't.

I don't know what would be best.  Wether to buy two more 6 inch clip on to make it 4 in total and if I angle them it should make the airflow better.  But for the cost of them I could buy a 12 inch oscillating desk fan.  Which I could hang up side down from the top bar in the tent and let it osilated.

Personally I think this idea is better bit before I go and buy a fan I wanted to see if others would go for that option as well?

Hi. 2 smaller statics should be enough for that size tent tbh, though the 6"ers are usually crap (noisy, weak and die easily). 4 will be noisy. I've tried a few configurations in my dr90 and 1 x 8" oscillating fan works well (secret jardin monkey, they are OK and made to fit on tent poles, quiet and pretty powerful but die/get noisy much the same as all the others). Bigger fans obviously move more air, quieter, and usually last better however, but a 12" fan is unnecessarily big for a 1m tent and would probably get in the way of the reflector?

Which reflector are you using btw? A good one will probably make more difference for hot spots, along with good extraction.

Another good option is a tower fan fitted horizontally between the tent poles.

Edited by uBercaMeL
1 person likes this

Hi mate I'm using a 315 cmh with the triangle suntec reflector .  I have drilled into the reflector and mounted a dimmable 250 how but I'm now wondering if I should have perhaps just hung this vertically.

Sunsystem vertical reflector ya mean (googled suntec reflector but couldn't find anything)? If so those are nice bits of kit. Not sure if I understand though, you mounted a 12" fan onto the reflector housing? If so I would think that would be hard to hang correctly and add unwanted vibrations to the lamp. If the fan came with a stand you could hang it upside down from the top of tent, though this puts some strain on the rotating mechanism (some fans will be ok doing this, some not).

How are you finding the 315 and 1m tent combo? Does it cover the space adequately?