Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timbuds373

StarDawg maybe stunted

18 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new to growing, as this is only my 4th grow. Currently growing Fastbuds StarDawg and Pineapple Express auto in soil. Both popped 11 days ago, but the stardawg maybe stunted and wondering if its worth keeping? It had a difficult start, I had to remove the seed case and later open the Cotyledon manually as after 5 days it hadn't opened itself. In the picture below the stardawg at top has shown miniscule growth over the last 6 days and it may never get to anything I guess though it seerms strong and healthy despite size.

Environment:

Soil, biobizz allmix

(Nutes will be when needed, biobizz grow, flower)

Day temp 75-77

Night temp 65-68

Water from tap about ph 7.2, not +-ph'd as I understand biobizz buffers to 6.3-6.5

5" plastic pot at this stage, to be moved to 8ltr Air Pots later. My last grow I started Sour Orange and Stardawg in 8ltr Air Pots successfully so wanted to see how well they would do starting in the 5" pot.

60x60x140 tent

2 Viparspectra 300w lights (hope to replace these with an hlg 150w board from diyleduk in a few months when finances allow)

4" extractor+filter

50w 12" tube heater

Any ideas if stardawg will eventually burst forth? Or I'm thinking of replacing it with a Critical Kush photoperiod if it doesn't.

large.stardawgpineappleexpress.jpg

The Stardawg pot looks barely half full, maybe it sent a root down which has hit the bottom of the pot so it has reacted by stunting itself, as they are wont to do if confined.

Maybe something up with the compost, it looks different from the Pineapple Express pot.

2 people like this

To be honest I'd bin it replace it.

Look's like its a day 2 seedling at best, for 11 day's it's already way behind.

Autos dont recover well due there limited veg time.

I'd also advise filling the pot completely next time as already mentioned above.

4 people like this

Isn't Allmix a little strong for seedlings?

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

My autos from fast seeds and others do fine in all mix. 

i just did a test against tropic mix... which is a coco mix and they doing well too but much slower seedlings compared to the all mix... but ofcourse light mix biobizz is best for seedlings. 

Thanks for the input. Point taken Sasquatch about level of soil, it is too low. The soil is the same in both btw. 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

I'd also advise filling the pot completely next time as already mentioned above.

I’ll give it one more week and if nothing grows properly it’s to the bin with it.

10 hours ago, JJJ said:

Maybe, is light mix at seedling stage suitable. The last auto grow I did, I used allmix in an 8litre pot and both were fine. This stardawg seed I think is genetically weak as its been slow from the beginning. 

10 hours ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

1 hour ago, Timbuds373 said:

Maybe, is light mix at seedling stage suitable. The last auto grow I did, I used allmix in an 8litre pot and both were fine. This stardawg seed I think is genetically weak as its been slow from the beginning. 

I think it varies according to strain.  It looks like you're growing Fastbuds strains.  I've grown their Northern Express and Blackberry and both were very tolerant to a bit of stress. However, I'm currently growing their C4 and it seems to be a little less hardy.  Now I plant seeds in Plant Magic Supreme soil before potting up to something a little richer and they seem to do ok.  Any light mix will do though for starting.

Edited by JJJ

I personally woldn't germinate in All-Mix, some strains won't mind and lap it up, but others will be more sensitive and burn due to the soil being too hot. Its the chance you take as I've had seeds burn in Plant Magic soil, which isn't as hot as All-Mix, but other strains have been fine. Now I only start them in cutting and seedling compost, which is only around £3 a bag from one of the big sheds.

5 people like this

Runts can sometimes end up as stunning plants.

I'd leave her and see how she does.

Done the same a few months back and the ugly duckling turned out to be a nice swan.

1 person likes this

I'd kill her off mate. 

any update on these girls