Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mr_Exclusive

Buddha Tree vs Shogun Additives

I have just harvested my first, in a few years and was not entirely happy on the yield.....

I am looking to upgrade my additives this time around and run the exact same environment and strain but upgrade to a system rather than hand feed and I am thinking of trying different additives.

What are peoples opinions on Buddha Tree additives?

Last time around I used the whole shogun range and followed the chart on the milder side of things...

I am thinking of using Genesis base nutrients and Buddha tree additives.... any one got experience with both ?

Mr_Exclusive

1 person likes this

Well I made the switch from cannaboost to shogun boost (active version as i have large tank and auto feed) and never looked back. 

Grown same strains (and others) for years and definitely noticed an improvement with Shogun boost and as a bonus its twice as concentrated and cheaper so a big win win. 

I haven't used any of there other products as yet. 

Only things ive used of buddhas tree is flower burst which seemed to do nothing and pk 9-18 which seemed to do nothing that simple canna pk 13/14 doesnt do. 

Ive been doing this a looooooong time and when I started i was using canna coco a&b (im a coco grower), cannaboost and canna pk 13/14. Ive gone around the houses and around every valley trying this that and whatnot but can you guess what i use today and have done for the last few years consistently? 

Canna coco a&b, canna pk 13/14 and i swapped out cannaboost for Shogun boost. 

Only thing to add to that is i live in a very soft water area these days, ec 0.16, so i add in some canna cal mag to get me to 0.4. After that i add in some growth technology silicon then mix very very well and ph back down to 6.8. 

This gets me to an overall ec of 0.5.

From there i add in the canna coco a&b and of course ph back to 5.8.

As a side note which you may or may not already know but if you use silicon never buy ph up. If you ever have to adjust ph upwards just use a little of your silicon. Might as well give them a tiny bit extra of that rather than use anything else.

My ususal ec in veg is 1.2 progressing up to 1.4. In flower i never let my base ec get bellow that 1.4 and add in the shogun boost (which barely alters ec) and then the pk 13/14 when its needed. In most cases in week 5. 

Bit detailed and long winded but you never know it might help and i think it shows my point that you cant go far wrong with canna nutrients. I grow in canna coco pro also. Ive tried others but once again ended up back in canna.

Edited by Pecunia Arbor
3 people like this

I dropped all boosts a few years ago and my yields have gone up. Getting the environment right and feeding them correctly with a good base nutrient and they'll yield. 

Its your choice but most additives are there just to rape you of your money

Owd

5 people like this

26 minutes ago, Pecunia Arbor said:

Well I made the switch from cannaboost to shogun boost (active version as i have large tank and auto feed) and never looked back. 

Grown same strains (and others) for years and definitely noticed an improvement with Shogun boost and as a bonus its twice as concentrated and cheaper so a big win win. 

I haven't used any of there other products as yet. 

Only things ive used of buddhas tree is flower burst which seemed to do nothing and pk 9-18 which seemed to do nothing that simple canna pk 13/14 doesnt do. 

Ive been doing this a looooooong time and when I started i was using canna coco a&b (im a coco grower), cannaboost and canna pk 13/14. Ive gone around the houses and around every valley trying this that and whatnot but can you guess what i use today and have done for the last few years consistently? 

Canna coco a&b, canna pk 13/14 and i swapped out cannaboost for Shogun boost. 

Only thing to add to that is i live in a very soft water area these days, ec 0.16, so i add in some canna cal mag to get me to 0.4. After that i add in some growth technology silicon then mix very very well and ph back down to 6.8. 

This gets me to an overall ec of 0.5.

From there i add in the canna coco a&b and of course ph back to 5.8.

As a side note which you may or may not already know but if you use silicon never buy ph up. If you ever have to adjust ph upwards just use a little of your silicon. Might as well give them a tiny bit extra of that rather than use anything else.

My ususal ec in veg is 1.2 progressing up to 1.4. In flower i never let my base ec get bellow that 1.4 and add in the shogun boost (which barely alters ec) and then the pk 13/14 when its needed. In most cases in week 5. 

Bit detailed and long winded but you never know it might help and i think it shows my point that you cant go far wrong with canna nutrients. I grow in canna coco pro also. Ive tried others but once again ended up back in canna.

Thanks for the detailed reply ! Something for me to think about . I had heard good things about the Buddha Tree PK so I will have to research that a lot more.

Thank you Sir !

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Owderb said:

I dropped all boosts a few years ago and my yields have gone up. Getting the environment right and feeding them correctly with a good base nutrient and they'll yield. 

Owd

Do You still get those dense packed out flowers with using additives ? Also are you growing for your own personal use or to move on ?

lol 

Dump the dealer is the motto dude..

4 minutes ago, Mr_Exclusive said:

Also are you growing for your own personal use or to move on ?

lol 

?

bloody computers..

1 person likes this

Just now, twigs said:

lol 

Only reason I ask that is that if it is for personal use then I understand that you'd want to use as little nutrient or additives possible but what would the difference in yield be if not using additves ( I would of thought drastic differences) ?

Edited by Mr_Exclusive

Did you not read my post. I said Ive dropped all boosts and my yield has risen

Boosts dont make drastic differences. Folk are just afraid not to use one because they call it a boost

If youre a shit grower and fail to give the plants what they want then a boost may help but dont get sucked in

And because its for personal use why wouldn't I want to yield as much as I can

Like I said get the environment right and feed them correctly and jobs a good un

Owd

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Owderb said:

Owd

I absolutely agree environment is more, much more, important than anything else but it has been my personal experience that in my personal indoor garden that a well timed pk booster definitely helps with my grow. 

Whether that has some other influence such as my strains, my water quality or just some kind of negative feng shui going on lol i couldn't tell you but for me its a positive addition. 

I completely agree to avoiding as many magical potions as possible though. 

I once took a bud into my friend at the local hydro store as he couldn't believe i was "only" using a&b and pk. His jaw hit the floor and he couldnt get his head around it lol. He's one of the add everything possible then some more types. 

I use cal mag and silicon yes but i see that as simply putting into the water what would already be there and amending my very low water ec. Ok so the silicon would be in the soil not the water but you know what I mean

19 minutes ago, Owderb said:

If youre a shit grower and fail to give the plants what they want then a boost may help but dont get sucked in

Owd

Bugger. I must be a shit grower then lol. Oh well never too old to learn hopefully. Better look more into my feng shui lol

Edited by Pecunia Arbor

Posted (edited)

I with most have been around the houses Canna, GHE, A N, Bio Bizz, Buddhas tree etc..

It all started with moving house & Not knowing that the water PPM here is only 60 PPM !!

So additives no additives micro no micro cal-mag this & Cal-mag boost the metabolism for

600% extra yield that '-' But 99% of it is boll*cks !! It stays in the pot wet & Comes out at

A higher PPM than when it went in !! Cal-Mag is only needed when the water is lower than

250 PPM & If so then take it up to 250 PPM (1st) with Cal-Mag every feed (Plain water also)

All companies set their bottles to PH 5.8 (5.9) & A N are no different & AN Micro is calmag

As for Advanced Nutrients monitoring the pot & Changing PH accordingly '-' What a crock !!

The coco medium if you use a decent one (Canna, Bio-Bizz) !! Does that not the nutrients !!

& Grow & Part A are one & The same & Bloom & Part B ?? One & The same !! So M/G/B by

Advanced Nutrients is only the same as using any A & B with any Cal-Mag !! & Canna do it

Better !! Why ?? Nobody can match the Canna - & + Ion interaction & The plant's love it !!

Buddhas Tree ?? Pk 9-18 for me is the best in the business !! Huge PPM but gets ate fast !!

Boosts are high Alkaline but PK9-18 is PH 6.2 & Used with Canna Coco A&B is unbeatable !!

Huge dripping flowers (Auto's use half 0.15 ml) '-' So in total you need a 1/2 Decent Calmag

I use Vitalink (low N & Chilated Iron set at PH6.2) Canna Coco A&B & BT PK9-18 that's it !!

You've just got to trust in your nutrients & Let them run the course but it works very well !!

Cont.d below & Don't Believe me ?? Here's an example (15.5 oz RQS NL auto on channel !!)

Ps. Sensi Coco Grow or Bloom ?? Exactly same as M/G/B they just put the micro (Cal-Mag) In

With Sensi Grow Part A Or Sensi Bloom Part A !! Sensi Coco Grow or Bloom are both identical

PPM Same & Why need Big Bud if bloom ?? Connoisseur A&B ?? It's M/G/B with Bud Candy !!

Canna 1st !! Then Gold Label, H & G, GHE, Advanced Hydro Of Holland, Bio-Bizz, Dutch Pro !!

I use Clonex for cloning & Transplanting & Bio-Bizz Alg-I-Mic (Kelp) as a foliar spray for stress

& Trying to add in other fertilizers without knowing how they combine !! Causes catastrophy !!

Don't mix nutrients from different suppliers !! They all segregate their compounds differently !!

Happy Growing & I hope this helps !! But Canna Coco, Cal Mag, Canna A&B & B Tree PK9-18 '-'

Edited by DanDaman2515

Posted (edited)

Semi-old post but since I experimented with this a lot and fortunate to talk to a few good people in the industry I’ll share what I’ve learned:

* Anything other than 2part+PK is overselling

* Companies can always sell a PK or bloom booster since it’s hard to tell if it works

The truth be told the only thing that matters is:

* Combined NPK

So everytime you add or subtract a bottle you always alter your base nutes intended NPK, I plot everything in a spreadsheet that calculates combined NPK for me and I look at the base nutes for flowering and see what their intended NPK is and if I don’t have good results, praying till flush I would consider changing nutes. This is the big eye-opener for some people as some of them have just as many additives as base bottles and this really puts the combined NPK out of wack! You also can’t rely on most bottle instructions as it’s maried to their products EC and combined NPK, you gotta figure all that out yourself. Also a lot of those “optional” bottles, can they have optimal NPK in multiple scenarios? Of course not! It’s all BS. A lot of the feeding schedules out there are guaranteed harsh tasting weed..

Now PK in general is advanced (Vital for plant health in low doses and signalling chemical hormones in high doses). I’ve heard early supplementation increases overall shoots/flowering sites, it’s more of a chemical signal to the plant that you fill her up with PK to a point and this triggers the stop stretching start building bud. Serious companies that don’t profit on amateurs that buy every bottle (like CANNA, PLAGRON) usually advice week 3-6 PK and they only advice to use it once or for a week because they understand and know the function. The truth is that every strain and plant is different so you gotta try week 3-4 PK 13-14 timings differently on the same pheno.

All I use is:

PLAGRON COCO A+B, PK 13-14

and my best overall booster is aloe foliar spray (Biobizz Acti-Vera 3ml/L) till pistils start week ~2 it worked even better than kelp (Biobizz Alg-A-Mic) as foliar. I attribute this to the secondary nutrients and high bioavailability thru foliar; Vitamins, Amino-acids etc aloe is a powerhouse of nutes. I’m considering trying the Urtica stinging nettle brew from GH for this exact reason it has a lot of those secondary things which are pure candy for the plant and strengtens overall health and efficiency and I had a consistent praying from when I started using it. 

Edited by alkymisten