Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Budmaster66

Best way to heat tent when lights are off ?

What's the best way to heat my grow tent when lights are off growing in a cold concrete garage lights are on at night but it's still cold during the day when lights are off ?

no spare floor space at all so will have to be suspended in the tent or outside 

tube heater

oil filled radiator 

fan heater 

thanks 

Edited by Budmaster66

I've personally built a box that sits outside the tent with a 800w oil filled radiator in. Air is drawn in from the bottom of box, holes drilled under the radiator so air passes over and then ducting into room. 

This works well for me so far as can be seen here

large.Capture.JPG

The purple line is incoming air temp, it's going up and down as the heater kicks in and goes off. Kept my room between 20 and 22c. 

I do have my heater on a thermostat at 22c though.

3ph

4 people like this

48 minutes ago, 3potheads said:

I've personally built a box that sits outside the tent with a 800w oil filled radiator in. Air is drawn in from the bottom of box, holes drilled under the radiator so air passes over and then ducting into room. 

This works well for me so far as can be seen here

large.Capture.JPG

The purple line is incoming air temp, it's going up and down as the heater kicks in and goes off. Kept my room between 20 and 22c. 

3ph

Thats a great idea do you use a sock/bug screen on the radiator end of your ducting and if so dose it slow down the air flow ?

thanks again 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, 3potheads said:

3ph

This sounds like a pretty good idea, any chance you could pop up a photo?  What thermostat do you use to regulate the heater?

2 people like this

Nice job on the boxed rad!!

I'd also suggest, if its not already done, isolate the grow space from the floor - a concrete garage floor in this weather must be freezing! The pallet with tube heaters method woudl work best here I reckon...

:v:

1 person likes this

I don't have a sock/screen/filter in the intake pipe yet but plan to fit one when I build the new box. Will have it just before/on the intake fan

Here is my build thread

Thermostat is a RootIT! Thermostat made for heat mats but I think it works up to 1800w... Would need to confirm that though. 

+1 for the insulation under the tent, I had a sheet under my tent and now have a floor made out of 50mm insulation.

2 people like this