Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Thedoctor6999

945w cmh 630w cmh lamps

57 posts in this topic
11 hours ago, Alan Johnson said:

Sorry. 

Both double ended. So single bulb, double ended fixture for both the 630 and 1000w cmh.

Hope that makes sense

They have been around for years. Ill try find my old posts on them from 2-3 years ago.

What makes the 315w cmh special, is the 930 green power bulb. The rest are shit. Any cmh bulb that's not a greenpower 930, is less efficient than a 600w hps, that includes the 942/930 Phillip's lamps. Only that 1 bulb gives the higher efficiency output.

3 people like this

55 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

They have been around for years. Ill try find my old posts on them from 2-3 years ago.

What makes the 315w cmh special, is the 930 green power bulb. The rest are shit. Any cmh bulb that's not a greenpower 930, is less efficient than a 600w hps, that includes the 942/930 Phillip's lamps. Only that 1 bulb gives the higher efficiency output.

When you say less efficient do you mean in lumens output per watt?

Or total par output?

Who makes the green power 930 please mucka? 

Many thanks

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, diyleduk said:

Please find the data sheets for that as that isn't what I understand 

:yinyang:

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of Philips cmh bulb labeling, and have been for few months now.  I found two different colour specs (by camera, not visible by eye) from two bulbs with exactly the same label.  I thought it was a grow shop curve ball, wrong bulb in the wrong packet.  I went back to the shop and the owner opened three brand new bulb packets, all different.  They all had Green Power 930 written on the bulb.

I've sent a few emails to Philips and will post any new info, I'm still waiting for them to send me a picture of their Agro bulb with what should be written on the base, to see how you are supposed to differentiate the bulbs from each other.

So far, Philips have told me there are two versions of the Agro bulb, old and new, and that they have a slightly different colour spectrum and that this could be why my camera is showing two different bulb outputs.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Dodgee said:

When you say less efficient do you mean in lumens output per watt?

Or total par output?

Who makes the green power 930 please mucka? 

Many thanks

Phillips. green power 930 agro.

2 hours ago, Breezus said:

Please find the data sheets for that as that isn't what I understand 

:yinyang:

We have to talk bulb level so.

A 600w hps will output 1100 umol/s

Phillips 315w green power 930 agro is 598 umol/s

Phillips 315 w mastercolour 930/942 535 umol/s 

You wont find PPF output on current datasheets, heres some info. Source is the cycloptics website.

Depending on your plant species, we recommend the Philips broad daylight 4200K 315W CMH lamp for vegetative plant growth and supplementing HPS. For the flower cycle you can use the 4200K or the Agro 3100K for additional UV and Red spectrum.

Agro 3100K

Philips Elite Agro 3100K 315W CMH lamp is an excellent source of broad daylight spectrum for all plant species. The lamp efficiently converts its initial output of 33000 lumens into 598 micromoles/sec of PPF (photo-synthetic photon flux) at 1.90 PPF/W. The quality of the lamp results in only 10% and 15% output loss at 8000 and 20000 hours of use. The lamp carries the C182/O marking indicating it meets the ANSI standard for open rated lamps.

SpectrumGraph_3100.jpg?itok=SxKmVUTP

For vegetative growth and supplementing HPS, Philips 4200K 315W CMH lamp is the perfect choice. This lamp efficiently generates 535 micromoles/sec of PPF output at 1.70 PPF/W. The lamp’s quality maintains 95% and 80% of its PPF output at 8000 and 20000 hours of operation. The lamp meets the ANSI standard for open rated lamps and carries the C182/O marking.

SpectrumGraph_4200.jpg?itok=mHZu41jM

Just as a side note when I got my cmh units manufactured, I got offered the bulbs other MFRs are using. These were $25 each with diyleduk packaging.

Edited by diyleduk
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Had a reply from Philips.  If you have a Maxibright kit I suggest you check your bulb packaging.  Where the bar code is you will find the usual 315w 930 U/O etc, at the end if you see NA this means for sale and use in North America.  Philips have instructed me they DO NOT recommend these bulbs for use in Europe.

large.barcode.jpg

Edited by FatBoy77
3 people like this

1 hour ago, FatBoy77 said:

If you have a Maxibright kit I suggest you check your bulb packaging.  Where the bar code is you will find the usual 315w 930 U/O etc, at the end if you see NA this means for sale and use in North America.  Philips have instructed me they DO NOT recommend these bulbs for use in Europe.

Mine is the same, had it a few yeas now, should i be concerned?

medium.5d30916b24997_maxibright930lamp..

1 person likes this

I research for hours if spending more than I'd be paid in a day. The Sony GreenPower 930 Agro is expensive and as DIYLEDUK says, you can buy shitty cheap CMH lamps for 25 dollars! This is why Ebay and other sites have full CMH kits for less than £100. There are more 'own brands' coming out every week. I recently bought a Lumatek 315 kit and the lamp that came was some shitty broken cheap Chinese lamp.

It looks like scammers are trying this on by purchasing lamps then returning it.

I know Sony do 4 or 5 spectrum's with the CMH 315 lamps. Some mix the Philips 315W MasterColour 942 (blue) with the 930s. There is a site some member here mentioned that does all the different Sony lamps for a very very fair prices indeed. Below 80 quid.

I only know what I see those 930 lamps produce. Claims of them matching 600W HPS are pure fantasy. More like a 400W, although you need to train plants to counter the lesser light penetration.

The main reason I love the 930s is that a plant I had kept for well over a decade, took on a new lease of life under those lights. I had an instant comparison. Not only that, I always weigh the hash taken from trim and lower bud off each plant. My Skunk 1 was barely putting out 10% hash under HPS, now I'm seeing a good 15-20%. The quality of the bud has gone up, original taste has come back and yield also went up when I compare watt for watt.

As great as the CMH is, we are at the verge of seeing LED become the mainstay of the millions of personal grows in Europe. The technology keeps improving and each new version of all the top LED manufacturers units is better than the one before.

I think that in ten years time, LED will have pretty much become the standard lighting for growers. I can even see the HID lights being phased out and eventually banned. Like it or not, green issues play a major part and if we can get more light for less watts then it is a no brainer really.

LED must have thousands of scientists and engineers working day and night to work out how to create a basic replica of sunlight. Ten years ago when the LEDS began to become a thing, many of us laughed at the blurple units. We mocked the clunky often cheap fans whizzing away inside. Then there are the claims of LED manufacturers who can label a light LED 1000, when its only drawing 145w.

Today, is there a grower on here who would not use LED? I see many CMH growers thinking of supplementing with LED. I'm twitching at the moment as I have the choice of either going for another CMH or going for 400W or so of LED lighting.

The only other issue with the good LED lighting is that it does not come cheap. However, as more and more LED lights are manufactured and as the shares in Meanwell rise through the roof, prices will naturally become lower.

I keep saying I'll build an LED unit using the easy guide on this site. List tells you were to buy and what the model number is and so on.

LED is the future. As ever, with new technologies in growing, you will be paying more until, like I say, so many units are produced that the prices get lower for the buyer. Ballpark figure, the top LED units cost about a pound per watt.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

Where the bar code is you will find the usual 315w 930 U/O etc, at the end if you see NA this means for sale and use in North America.  Philips have instructed me they DO NOT recommend these bulbs for use in Europe

Would really like to know why Philips say these NA lamps are not recommended for use in uk? Surely a 315w lamp uses that amount of wattage anywhere in the world and its down to using the correct ballast? Our UK ballasts will just have a transformer in there to cut down the 240v, i'm no electrician so would love an explanation on this. @FatBoy77 you say the NA lamp is a different colour to the UO so there must be some difference here in spectrum of light on the plants? This is too deep for me now.. :stoned:

I reckon it will turn out most of us are using NA bulbs in the UK, when we replace them we'll be checking that label for sure.

Edited by Amnesia

I'll be checking my lamps for this NA.

Posted (edited)

@Amnesia The U/O is the same here and in NA, no idea what it means though.  The main reason I spotted it was taking pictures for a diary.  The colour spec really shows up in pictures but isn't visible to the naked eye.  I run two tents, same bulbs in each.  One tent had a blue hue and one quite deep red.  One tent had fat colas like I'm used to and one had a shit load of leaves without much bud development.  I'm sure you know which colour had which bud structure.

I really have no idea how big a difference it would make if I had a European Agro, or even of you can get them.  No one on here so far as an Agro without the NA.  I'll be keeping on this till I find out though so keep an eye on the 'CMH They work fine and dandy' thread and I'll post anything I find out.  Now if anyone has some clever shit to measure light spectrum, photometer or some such?  Think @diyleduk might be able to help us out? 

Having said all that I was happy with my yield, worked out as it should, just fucks me off that there is variance in the colour spec when there shouldn't be.

Edited by FatBoy77
1 person likes this

large.bulb5.jpglarge.bulb4.jpglarge.bulb3.jpglarge.bulb2.jpglarge.bulb1.jpglarge.5d333f22d97b9_bulbpackets.jpglarge.5d333f1f97605_bulbbases.jpg

One bulb not pictured is exactly the same, but too hot to take out and photograph.  One bulb package destroyed by pets.

It would appear I've only got the one bulb causing problems, you can tell by the pictures that one is slightly less red than the others.

The tent that bulb was in showed an extremely high ratio of leaves to bud and bud structure was way inferior to the other tent, and other side of the same tent.

Philips also say there are two different Agros, new and old, and this could also be the problem.

I'd sure as shit prefer to be using something that was designed for UK electrical currents - hertz/volts, and will be looking for this from now on.

Straight to Philips for me from now on.